Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 222 Cyborg vs Kunitskaya Sat Mar 3rd Early Prelims 11:30pm

Options

Comments

Can they not just move this sh1t back to Invicta

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Jasus more of a contest than i thought it would be. They got to get Megan Anderson in next for Cyborg or Nunes come up and try for the belt.

I do like Cyborg and her cat sugar ray lepard

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

ardinn wrote: »
    I ave an ortega kunitskya arsenal man city acca on - im winning so far haha!

aaaand-its-gone-meme-collection-1mut.com-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

<snip>
    Mod: Dont make comments like that on here..

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Paul_Mc1988

O'Malley had 7 finishes from 8 fights before the ufc and since joining has had 2 decisions. He's good but not championship good. Cant see him getting past a top 5 opponent with his current skillset.

He is great to watch though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭miocicmma

<Mod:snip>

Best moment of the night was Ortega's uppercut on Frankie Edgar, Savage shot.

Watching Cyborg fight these girls is like a watching cat destroying a mouse, she plays with them fir a few minutes and then rips their heads off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

McGregor still ducking Edgar??

• Registered Users Posts: 12,615 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

<snip>

Mod: Don't post something like that again or you will be on a long break

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Ortega is a cheater.

Hope Max destroys him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 393 ✭✭Didactic Ninja

McGregor still ducking Edgar??

hes ducking ortega now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Someone’s measuring tape is messed up. If Ortega is 5’8, Frankie is 5 foot nothing. I think Ortega smashes Max, very happy to be proved wrong though, that’s defo one to look forward to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

mdwexford wrote: »
    Ortega is a cheater.

Hope Max destroys him.

Has he popped before?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

kwestfan08 wrote: »
    Has he popped before?

Yeah on his debut, 9 month ban and admitted it was intentional.

ASOT wrote: »
    Yeah on his debut, 9 month ban and admitted it was intentional.

At least he was honest, 99% of them bullsh!t and are like "how did that get in my system" :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

At least he was honest, 99% of them bullsh!t and are like "how did that get in my system" :rolleyes:

100% and i despise it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

ASOT wrote: »
    100% and i despise it.

Ortega took something for cutting weight I'm seeing. I'm clueless about most of this stuff but didn't Cowboy take something similar? It never really gets brought up when he's fighting. Despising a guy for taking PED's when chances are a lot of guys have taken or are on some form of performance enhancer seems a bit extreme.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,596 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I remember an interview with him doing he was basically bricking it when he got the call for the UFC and felt like he needed something, he regretted it and as long as his tests come back clean in the future, I have zero problem with him. Refreshing to hear that honesty. Like above, I'm sick of the "omg I was just taking vitamins".

• Registered Users Posts: 7,919 ✭✭✭cletus

Not a fan of Cyborg because of her past, hope she loses but she wont
    I'm a massive Ortega fan, I hope he can beat Max but it will be a tough fight.

I was a fan of Ortega as a human being for a while, he has always seemed down to earth.

Does Ortega not get the same treatment from you as Cyborg?

For that mater, do you feel the same bout all fighters who have popped in their career

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

O'Malley had 7 finishes from 8 fights before the ufc and since joining has had 2 decisions. He's good but not championship good. Cant see him getting past a top 5 opponent with his current skillset.

He is great to watch though

He's practically a novice. Nobody is expecting him to fight any top 5 opponent in the next 2 years. The dana white contender series was just a more glamorous independent show featuring essentially nobodies.

I saw lots of people criticising the fact that Sean O'Malley was on the ppv main card - he was well worth his place imo. Souk had probably the worst fight IQ I've ever seen on a fight though. All he needed to do was stand up and he had a simple to. Still an unbelievably absorbing fight, give me relative newbies like O'Malley any day instead of the relics like Struve and Arlovski.

Ortega, what can I say. I said earlier in the thread that I've turned into somewhat of a fanboi and christ that was amazing. He was getting the better of the exchanges with Edgar imo and then the elbow and uppercut was just amazing. Can not wait for Holloway vs Ortega.

cletus wrote: »
    Does Ortega not get the same treatment from you as Cyborg?

For that mater, do you feel the same bout all fighters who have popped in their career

I feel Cyborg being a female and taking steroids gave her a much bigger advantage than Ortega taking weight cutting supplements. Cyborg through taking steroids looks to have made permanent changes to her frame, whichi gives her an unfair advantage.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Lads do yourself a favour and think before posting something stupid about Cyborg and her gender. Cards have been handed out, next time they will be bans..this has already come up before for other events and people will not be warned any more.

I feel Cyborg being a female and taking steroids gave her a much bigger advantage than Ortega taking weight cutting supplements. Cyborg through taking steroids looks to have made permanent changes to her frame, whichi gives her an unfair advantage.

My second question still stands. Do you dislike every fighter who has a history of doping. If you like, you can limit it to just steroids, but imo Ortega taking a weight cutting supplement as you call it, did so in order to be bigger and stronger in the cage than his opponent.

My second question still stands. Do you dislike every fighter who has a history of doping. If you like, you can limit it to just steroids, but imo Ortega taking a weight cutting supplement as you call it, did so in order to be bigger and stronger in the cage than his opponent.

Yes but I think Cyborg has made permanent changes to her frame by doping, whereas Ortega taking the weight cutting supplements wont have permanent changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,377 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Ortega didn’t pop for a weight-cut assisting sup, he popped for drostanolone, an anabolic steroid. There’s a galaxy of difference there.

martyos121 wrote: »
    Ortega didn’t pop for a weight-cut assisting sup, he popped for drostanolone, an anabolic steroid. There’s a galaxy of difference there.

Can steroids have a bigger impact on womens bodies than mens? Genuine question, I heard Rogan say that steroids can change womens bodies permanently but not sure if that was just bro science.

Yes but I think Cyborg has made permanent changes to her frame by doping, whereas Ortega taking the weight cutting supplements wont have permanent changes.

Not what I asked. People seem to have an almost irrational dislike for Cyborg, and try and justify it using the doping as the reason, but posts like the ridiculous claim earlier that she has the biological markers of a man seem to belie this.

As an aside, the link below contains a (not exhaustive, I'm sure) list of MMA fighters who were either caught doping, or admitted to it. I presume you dislike each of them

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Doping_cases_in_mixed_martial_arts

• Registered Users Posts: 21,377 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Can steroids have a bigger impact on womens bodies than mens? Genuine question, I heard Rogan say that steroids can change womens bodies permanently but not sure if that was just bro science.

I never mentioned Cyborg or what steroids do to women’s bodies :confused:

I was merely correcting the statement about what Ortega popped for.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,615 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Not what I asked. People seem to have an almost irrational dislike for Cyborg, and try and justify it using the doping as the reason, but posts like the ridiculous claim earlier that she has the biological markers of a man seem to belie this.

Growth hormones change people. The fact she got caught on spironolactone is an indication.

No interest in the card last night really. Load of drug cheats.

Ortega looks like a different person than he did a few years ago. His head and face look much bigger, his jaw, his chin. You could park a car on his brow ridge now. He almost has a sort of acromegaly face, he looks like a mini Bigfoot.

brian-ortega-ufc-214-pre-fight-video.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Ortega is a straight up ninja assassin. The way he stays so calm and clinically gets his finishes is a sight to behold. To finish both Swanson and Edgar in the first round in back to back fights is scary.

I am a big Holloway fan but i have him as the underdog going into their future fight.

Advertisement