Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yellowstone - Paramount *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Its all very negative though. If people hate it so much just find something else.

The series has been entertaining for 5 seasons, with some excellent characters and dialogue and is probably a victim of its own success and guilty of going one season to far.

one bad episode isnt going to turn me off it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,683 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

It’s been more than one bad episode, the first half of the last series has gone nowhere

who said they hated it ?

dont be so offended or even worried about other peoples opinions

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Ive no worry about others opinions, never had, but the last few pages of the thread is akin to people tasting a 9v battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I don't hate it really. It's just been boring, and a bit annoying at times of late.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,105 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Matthew McConaughey's Yellowstone spin off is moving forward

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

I absolutely loved 1883 and 1923 so hopefully this is as good

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Of all the "franchise" shows I like the Yellowstone universe, at this stage I'd say the original series is the least interesting so happy to get more.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭squonk

i was disappointed with the spin-offs. 1883 was episode after episode of sheer misery. It got really monotonous after a while.

The ranch stuff on 1923 went nowhere very slowly. Arguably Jake Dutton brought the whole mess on himself. The story with Spencer was the saving grace. I’d watch the hell out of a show with him and the wife travelling around. It’ll just get dull once he gets back home.

Main Yellowstone seems to be suffering from its own success now as well. Previous seasons were more focused and tighter but it’s spread out now to get a 2 part season. Wish they hadn’t messed with the formula.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

1883 was a bit goofy with the daughter going native/. 1923 is better but the ranch stuff is too reminiscence of the original yellowstone in that the Duttons are just willing to kill anyone to keep their ranch. The Spencer stuff is definitely the highlight with a number of locations outside of America being interesting. The original Yellowstone should try to end on ahigh, it has been too meandering.

Definitely, sure half the first part of tge season on Yellowstone was about that 6666 ranch which is there before Sheridan bought it. I know he’s doing a 6666 spin-off show but he really should just keep the focus on Montana in Yellowstone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

I watched episode 5 of season 3 and earlier - flashbacks reveal why Beth hates Jamie and I am now on her side whereas along I thought I thought he was the victim.

I’m curious about the clinic’s policy of sterilisation. I knew this was something done to Native American women in 1960s/1970s but as late as the 90s (I’m guessing the flashback is then).

When was it actually stopped? The receptionist has no qualms telling Jamie but did the people on the reservations and the public at large know about it?

I tried Google but can’t seem to find when it ended.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I remember looking it up at the time and it was a common enough practise in the 70s but not really when the scene was based, but they weren't going for too much accuracy don't forget Beth was able to just walk home after a fairly serious operation and was able to hide the recovery from her father

I don’t understand how the US government continue to get away with things like this. Nor how it’s citizens think America is shining light to the world.

In regards to the show it is disappointing that they used this horrible occurrence so inaccurately - it wasn’t done anymore and the fact Beth was up and about a few hours later.

Surely a much better version is Jamie sought out an illegal clinic and something went wrong. And use the sterilisation as a storyline in one the other shows sent in the past.

Still though Reilly, Bentley and Costner are fantastic in that storyline.

It is fascinating how quickly Yellowstone turned into a franchise and how well it has been received as such.

I don’t want spoilers but opening this page I did notice mention that season 5 is a season too many. Do people think the show should have ended with season 4 ?

I thought it would most likely run for another few years but did expect Costner would not be involved for as long as that.

John is a terrible father but an awesome grandfather :D

Am I mistaken or is there very very little interaction with each other in the Dutton family?

I watched the episode where Beth tells her father what Jamie did and the final scene is the first time (I think) that Jamie and Kacey have been in a scene together since being at the dinner table very early in season 2.

I don’t think Monica and Jamie have even met :p

It seems Costner is gone after S5

I said the same thing earlier in the thread, it's clear that they are rarely in the same place, the story arcs are so seperate at this stage that there aren't many scenes where they are all needed, the amount of over the shoulder conversation angles where it's clearly a standin is very anoying as well. For a lot of Costner's scenes in in 1 of 3 places so it's clear he's just doing a load of shoots in a day, the difference in his lighting for other actors is amazing as well, especially with the Governor, she's always in the shadow. It's really annoying when you spot it, Castle was the worst offender back in the day but there was clear reasons for that.

Entertainment Tonight have the “exclusive” story but no where in the article does it quote someone in the know. It is just a history of the rumour.

If he was staying they would have put that rumour to rest ages ago so he obviously is but why do these websites always claim they have “news” when they don’t?

I haven’t noticed any of that but I just find it curious that there is so little interaction between the siblings (other than Beth and Jamie of course) and also Monica and Tate when they all live in the same house and that there was so little impact from the death of the eldest son.

It is sad that Costner is leaving but he has other projects he wants to work on and I’m looking forward to the Horizon trilogy.

Hard to imagine the show without him especially with so little done in the siblings relationship in the series so far.

I think I have to stay out of the thread now. Been lucky to get no spoilers so I won’t push it but I have a two questions.

Is it best to watch 1883 before or after season 4 ? I know there is an 1883 flashback episode in season 4 but don’t know if it a prequel or sequel to 1883. And should I watch 1923 before or after season 5 part 1 ? Or does it make no difference.

Is the 6666 or the 1944 spin-offs the McConaughey (had to copy and paste that :P) series or is it something else.

• Advertisement

I don't think it makes a huge difference, there's a few flashbacks but doesn't ruin anything, personally I didn't watch 1883 until well after I'd watched Yellowstone and there wasn't any spoilers that ruined anything for me (that I can remember)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,155 ✭✭✭corkie

Yellowstone's end is confirmed along with announcement of new spin-off sequel

A brand new spin-off series is coming.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

More spin offs than a yo-yo competition

It's a franchise verse 😁 so which Duttons will head to the spin off, more Beth vs. Jamie

Why bother with a sequel spin off. Let Costner leave if he wants. Just do series 6 with the kids fighting it out after John dies. I think they’re starting to take the piss at this stage with the spin offs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Pentecost

It's time to wrap it up. Rewrite the rest of this season to tie it up if need be but it doesn't have another season in it. Five seasons is plenty and very respectable for a drama series these days.

Definitely. Especially as feck all has really happened in the first half of this season because they spent half of it setting up a new spin off.

This is a very strange undertaking.

As squonk said why not just carry on the series without Costner?

it is all about the money i suspect, rumours are costner might not even return for filming

While Paramount Network is likely unhappy about cancelling the channel’s biggest show, there is an upside for the Paramount+ streaming service. The original Yellowstone series streams on the Peacock streaming service, thanks to a 2020 deal that execs at Paramount now regret. The new series will stream on Paramount+, joining the other shows in the Yellowstone franchise.

• Advertisement

They makes sense. Kill the main show to kill associated contracts and start with a wholly controlled sequel. While it makes sense though it’s also the problem with the show and franchise at this stage. Sheridan seems to have mad a lot of money off of it and has branched out into his own production and ranch empire, all the time using the show as a sales front for whatever he’s into at the time. That’s fine if it worked but tge quality of the show has declined and it feels like any main show now, be it Yellowstone or the sequel will probably exist to launch more spin-offs and publicise whatever ranch or business he gets in bed with next.

The spin-offs aren’t of high value either imho. 1883 was a death March where they didn’t get very far initially but suddenly warped to Wyoming. 1923 was just the usual Duttons fighting a big bad except, again, not much actually happened. If it wasn’t for the spencer story it’d have been as dead a duck as 1883. IMHONtgeres a great show in a renegade from a rancher family travelling the world gave hunting with his aristocratic bride in tow. Trouble is once he makes it back to Yellowstone we’ll just have more of the same shîte we’ve seen a few times already. I particularly hated that the 1923 ranch storyline essentially stopped with Helen mirren telling Timothy dalton “Oh you just wait til my other nephew gets here. You’ll be sorry then!” Da-da-daahhhh!

Alone and initially Yellowstone was great. Kind of a breath of fresh air but now we’ve seen it all before so no point in rehashing the same story over and over again getting progressively slower paced at each iteration.

Advertisement