Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yellowstone - Paramount *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Pentecost

They try to make some of these women look "bad ass" but whether it's the acting or the writing they come across as preposterous. Like the current older CEO type (I forget her name), or that Angela Blue Thunder woman. Their efforts at looking and sounding tough are almost comedic.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

They basically write them like pantomime villans.

The old CEO throwing the glass and bottle in a fit of rage was absolutely hilarious.Comedy gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,886 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Well episode 6 was like watching paint dry not a single thing happened

The internet isn’t for everyone

Some lovely scenery but not much else to recommend it. A very skippable episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭SimpleDimple

I still like the show but it’s getting fairly predictable.. introduce a villain and then they have to be wiped out. I still really like Beth though, contrary to most people in this thread it seems.

The new female baddie is not great so far… this mastermind who’s has been let off the leash, who has so far managed to …. sleep with Jamie

Also Im liking that in this season that when they do the whole “this is the life” montages it’s of scenery and not rodeo stuff like in previous seasons.

• Advertisement

Don’t forget the other female baddie from the other side, she floating about doing a sentence here and there

Oh yeah! She didn’t get up to much last season in fairness to her

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,925 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

So, if I get this right..........

There's a big cattle drive because of dwindling cowboy numbers

Everyone is allowed on it, including an assistant who turns out to be a great rider who is challenged to keep up with an elderly man

A box of cigarettes can stay in the pocket of a pair of jeans almost perfectly after a days riding

A super romantic spot is found close to a big camping ground with a lovely stream

A "fixer" will drop in, hook up with the son of the governor and all of a sudden be able to spot a path to get rid of the governor and get the son in place

The media can get perfect shots at the perfect time

The president of America can just drop everything and find a slot in his calendar to do something ~2,000 miles away in a place where they want to build an airport (but all of a sudden can accommodate Air Force One)

This is very close to jumping the shark, if it hasn't jumped yet.

^^ spot on summary and personally I think this has gone from Yellowstone to a yellow stain on grandad that nobody talks about

You forgot that a rancher can get elected Governor of Montana on a “progress stops with me” slogan… not many months after an assassination attempt on his whole family

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

To be honest a politician being a traditionalist and getting a jump in popularity because of a survived assassination attempt is not that unheard of in American politics but this season so far has been not too great, following a disappointing last season. It always surprises me that Yellowstone is higher rated on imdb than Deadwood, a very similar type but far superior cowboy show. Kevin Costner is just so good in the show, that viewers must be able to forgive all the problems with the show.

imdb is not an accurate way to assess popularity from what i have seen

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

it is probably an accurate assessment of popularity with film and tv nerds but just not an good assessment of quality. Not that I think Yellowstone is trash but it has been written badly the last two seasons

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,925 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

For me Yellowstone is just lazy writing at this, they've 3 story arcs, the ranch, Beth and 1 of the brothers, and they seem to be just going episode to episode without much of an overarching story. I'd also guess that they actors are getting more and more difficult to schedule because it's clear at a lot of times that there's either a stand in or only 1 person on screen at any time, either that or 1 person is sitting down without much moving so it's easier to CGI the other person in. I'm hoping that because the episode order has risen from 10 to 14 episodes that there's just a couple of filler episodes been thrown in to pad the season, for example nothing in the last episode moved the story on and with a bit of a change to the Jamie/yerone scenes it could have been in any part of the series.

Still not a huge amount happening after eight episodes. Just the impeachment thing really. I expect the Beth/Jamie war will kick off seriously now though. Fourteen episodes is probably a hindrance this year.

Don’t worry you have at least 6 months to wait for the final 6 episodes

I thought episode 8 was the only half decent one so far

I didn't realise that. Not sure I can stand the suspense as to whether the cows have avoided infection or not.

That’s a bit strong, The female cast may be a pain but I wouldn’t be calling them cows, Jamie’s new friend maybe and hopefully she’s fully infected

• Registered Users Posts: 85,428 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Talk online of Costner wanting out or reduce appearances or could be ending also Matthew McConaughey in talks to join the franchise universe

If he wants out they may as well kill off the series in my opinion

• Advertisement

Based on this season to date I think it'd be no harm if they called a halt now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭billyhead

Better off killing the Beth character. She's so annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,636 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Stopped watching this after two or three episodes of the latest series (on RTE 2 pace).

It still looks great but it's turned into pure hokum imho. I might go back to it at some point but too many other good options available.

Beth flouncing around like a wannabe Bond villain is painful to watch at this stage...her "clever" takedown of the fella that offered to buy her a drink in the bar was pure cringe.

Costner is phoning it in...not only does his character look embarrassed to be governor, he looks embarrassed to be playing the role.

Anyway it was fun while it lasted I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

Thought this was great for a long while, but lost interest mid-way through season 4. I thought it might pick up enough for a return to it, depending on the reviews. Haven't bothered going back to it; think I'll keep it that way. The spin-offs look worthwhile though.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Kill off the show ,it's gone way beyond it's sell by date.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Fionne

Beth & Rip are the only reason to watch this show. Yes, it's soap-opera villain taken to the next level of cheesy but hell, sometimes that's just entertainment. I'm old enough to remember Alexis Carrington on Dynasty, this is like the cowboy version.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,506 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Does anyone on this thread actually like the show?

Its a bit like the latelate thread, loads of people who cant stand the show who are watching it saying how much they cant stand it.

I'll usually keep watching things I'm not enjoying any more because I want to see how it ends. Complaining about it is a coping mechanism.

And also I'm a masochist.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

Also, this is a chat forum, and some people like to bond with hate-watching, such as with TLLS. With Yellowstone, it just became stale; for some, it needs to be seen out. If a series is near closure, I might stick it out. Otherwise, I just bail. Can't do the hate-watch thing.

• Advertisement

It’s a discussion thread about the series not a fan club, the series was good and it’s gone to shi7 lately until the last episode before the break.

I am hoping it gets that spark back but it’s not looking likely, I want to see how it ends and it’s easy watching so I will keep going with it, I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone though

Advertisement