Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Yellowstone - Paramount *Spoilers*

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

hmm i havent watched 1923 yet, guess i dont have to bother now i know the ending lol

maybe keep the conversation and spoilers to yellowstone

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 85,024 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Yes the ranch is part of the story so just kill off John and the original show can continue, a few characters could go also, reboot the storylines refresh

I've grown tired if I'm honest of Beth and Jamie fighting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

Wrapped up all of the Yellowstone franchise here and need a cowboy fix - have seen Deadwood mentioned not long ago - assuming it's worth a watch?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

I watched the episode where the Yellowstone cowboys killed the Morrow’s for attacking Teeter and Colby.

I get why the two of them are branded afterwards but why was Ryan? He was supposed to get the brand for helping avenge Jimmy’s grandfather in season 2 and I thought because he was branded he was involved in the rescue of Tate.

The older Morrow looks like he walked of an old John Wayne Western. Floyd too.

Costner should put them in his western trilogy.

I’m going to watch 1883 next and make myself wait to see the outcome of the attack on the Duttons.

I had thought that season 4 has a whole episode as a sequel to 1883 - but is that wrong? Are the 1883 flashbacks just a part of an episode or is there a series of flashbacks across the season?

I'm wondering because on the TV app the thumbnail for the next episode is clearly not set in present day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭Homelander

I just binged Season 1 through 5 in about two or three weeks. I had watched 1883 first which I thought was spectacular and then 1923 which I enjoyed a lot but definitely felt it wasn't as good.

Firstly, I really enjoy Yellowstone overall. The scenery is breath-taking and the cast are mostly great, and those little moments that focus on ranching life and rural Montana living are excellent. Even the characters that are badly written have some great moments and the entertainment value is high.

My biggest issue having watched it all back to back is that somewhere around S3 or S4 almost all of the main characters stopped growing and just seemed to get caught in loops or were sidelined, like the writers hadn't a clue what to actually do with them.

Kaycee and Jamie are prime examples of this, but the Beth/Jamie thing is just beyond absurd at this point. They are walking in circles for several seasons now, it's almost comical how many "Jamie turns on the family/Beth pledges to destroy him" sagas they've gone through at this stage.

The thing for me is that since the very first episode of the show, Jamie has been treated with disdain and mistrust by basically everyone in a weird vacuum where common sense and logic doesn't exist and no-one ever seems to stand up for him.

It's bad writing and it only got worse in the later seasons. I like the character of John Dutton but he's been nothing but a POS to Jamie since the start. I can't quite work out how the writers haven't at least had a somewhat neutral party like Kaycee point that out, or at least attempt to counter Beth's unrelenting "Jamie is evil" campaign ongoing since the first episode.

And what the hell happened to Kaycee? The last two seasons he's just pushing random, mostly meaningless filler in between other barely-relevant plot points. He and Monica add nothing to the show anymore, which is a shame because they were such good characters earlier on.

The only character with a surprisingly solid and meaningful arc that plays out on-screen is Jimmy at this point. So anyway, I still really like the show and the individual scenes and moments are still fantastic, but the overall narrative and the plot beats have gone really downhill.

I don't know what's coming down the line for the second half of season 5, but I sincerely hope Beth gets the chopping block or at least taken down many, many pegs. The actress is terrific but the character is an utterly wretched psychopath that is never held to account.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

I thought Yellowstone had been great up until end of season 3, but was starting to lose its luster by then. I gave up on it at the start of season 4 last year. It was just getting drawn out and silly.

i went on to 1883, which I finished recently; it is, as you say spectacular - achingly spectacular. There is another thread for that, but

Elsa, despite her slightly off-putting voice-over, broke my heart.

I’m at the midway of season 4 and in the last episode I watched Rainwater and Monica are talking about Tate killing one of the attackers on the ranch.

I thought Tate just shot him (traumatic enough for the kid which is what I thought upset him) because I’m positive the guy was still moving and Lloyd was the one who killed him because there was gunshot from the house as Monica and Tate ran for the bunkhouse. As far as I can remember no one ever mentions Tate killing him until Rainwater and Monica talk about it.

Were these episodes filmed during CoVid restrictions? It is very strange that there is no scenes between John and Tate in the aftermath of all that especially since they are so close.

Season 4 has been a bit of a disappointment. We see Beth’s scars from the explosion but no one is talking about it, John not showing any emotion that Tate isn’t around, Jaime missing for entire episodes, and the spending so much time on Jimmy who is a supporting character and not even in the same state anymore.

Obviously this meant to set up the supposed 6666 spin off but I don’t see how - almost all the characters there are clearly played by people who are not professional actors. It has t shown me any reason to look forward to it.

Very frustrating. I wonder if this contributed to Costner wanting to leave the show?

Post edited by Spon Farmer on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭corkie

What??!!

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,024 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Yellowstone Spinoffs 1944 and 2024 Officially Ordered at Paramount

• Registered Users Posts: 8,447 ✭✭✭squonk

Ah for god’s sake! Just concentrate in one or two shows and do them well. Now nothing is being done week with ask these spinoff shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭golfball37

Season one of deadwood is up there with anything that I’ve ever seen. It’s excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭quidel7

Is Kevin Costner coming back to see out the show or what? It’s fairly dragging out at this stage.

Advertisement