Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Weather Snow / Ice Weds 28 FEB ( Onwards ) ** READ MOD NOTE POST#1**

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 42 actaphobia

Funny, there is a power outage in a place called Pelletstown

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Daniel2590

Where in D18? We just have light wind and what is DEFINITELY rain in Ballybrack.
    Slush, slush and more slush on the roads.
    Think its a non event here anyway.

Just up by Cabinteely park, the grains in the wind here are not rain, it does melt on windows because of the warmth escaping! I have my drink out in a black bag in the garden to keep cool and every time I go out there is a fresh layer of snow on it so I can be 100% sure it's not rain here!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭thebull85

sdanseo wrote: »
    Restore time for all the ESB outages is 8pm tomorrow. They've obviously told crews not to go out in red warning.

Sure the red warning is in effect till 6pm tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 gordatilla

powder finally turning into proper flakes in Bray
    (Boghall/Killarney Rd)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

What part?

It’s on the esb PowerCheck, Saggart/Rathcoole area.

But I barely care as I have flask full and lots of Netflix saved onto my ipad 🙂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

This thread is having a detrimental affect on my Netflixing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

andymx11 wrote: »
    Will they be treating roads tomorrow morning? Have to drive from Dublin to Wexford tomorrow!

Up to 2 foot of snow forecast for the region,I don't think you'll be getting to Wexford. Keep an eye on the local authorities social media reports.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭otherfrog

ykjlNkD.png

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭gimpotronitus

Calibos wrote: »
    For the Love of everything that is Holy, Will one of the experts please come here and reassure those of us repeatedly asking the question, "Will these poxy ice pellets that do not seem to accumulate other than a dusting stop, and will we get real snow because as it stands no one will have 1 metre in 24 hours time if its made up of these ice pellets!

Tried asking in the boffins thread but they deleted my post. Same here in D.16.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Newsnight on BBC reporting about the snow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

After bringing the dog out to do his pee wee, I can report that I am snowed in, a massive bank of Snow is sitting where my road should be.
    Still Snowing heavy here, God I can't wait till morning to see it all in daylight

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Whehey!

JJayoo wrote: »
    Why do people want huge amounts of snow?

So I can go down hilly Holly in a canoe tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,540 ✭✭✭Speak Now

deise_girl wrote: »
    Is Waterford still on for getting more snow? Since 5pm anything I've seen looks considerably more like sleet than what we had previous :(

Will definitely get more not that we need it after today. Great drifting going on with strengthening wind. Gusting up to 60 kph so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

deise_girl wrote: »
    Is Waterford still on for getting more snow? Since 5pm anything I've seen looks considerably more like sleet than what we had previous :(

Latest taken at 22.25 blue line is edge of red at 21.50

E2FkNq3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

otherfrog wrote: »
    ykjlNkD.png

sheeesh.....

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭little bess

This thread is having a detrimental affect on my Netflixing :(

Me too, I’ve been trying to watch one episode of The Frankenstein Chronicles for about two hours now 🀔

• Registered Users Posts: 13,536 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Calibos

NMB wrote: »
    But ...it is covering and imo it’s a good base layer for what’s to come it’s sticking to everything—- I did try and find the type of specific snow but I couldn’t https://nsidc.org/cryosphere/snow/science/types.html

I’m stumped I’ve droplets on my lamppost watching window. All the tracks from earlier are covered- dark fleece test - well it melts so damn fast

I'm finding it very disconcerting that none of the resident experts want to answer the question about how anywhere could hope to get 1 metre accumulations from these crappy ice pellets. 3 hours of it belting down near the seafront in bray and the road is still only dusted.

I have this terrible feeling that I'm going to wake in the morning, look out the Velux and exclaim, "You've got to be ****ing kidding me!?!?!"........and not in a good way! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭polydactyl

We have lost depth in D9 from wind and the ice pellets just blowing away. Am giving up lamp post watching for the night hoping for a nice surprise in the morning (or at one of the babies wake ups in the middle of the night)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭cml387

Still awaiting snow apocalypse here in Clonmel. Very light dusting, enough to cover a small matchstick. It's not actually snowing at all at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Was just out in the garden in D14, these Ice pellets as people call them, I prefer snow grains, have added atleast and inch in the last hour...

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭leinad

Been snowing steady in Rathdrum since 5pm - it's like very small icy snow with high winds

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Sariah

Ok so that rain i posted earlier about in D24 mustn't have been actual rain because there is a 2foot deep pile of snow beside my car.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭konman

There has been alot of continous snowfall here, albeit light mostly from mid-day to 6pm but it all seem to evaporate on impact. it was -1 at its warmest. Could anyone more knowledgable explain this?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,746 ✭✭✭degsie

cml387 wrote: »
    Still awaiting snow apocalypse here in Clonmel. Very light dusting, enough to cover a small matchstick. It's not actually snowing at all at the moment.

Take a train up to the Big Smoke tomorrow and enjoy the whiteness...

oh, wait....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chrongen

JJayoo wrote: »
    Why do people want huge amounts of snow?

Because adverse conditions bring people down to Earth and make us all feel a little smaller than the rat race. It's also brings out certain things in people like cooperation, self-reliance and the concept that other things rather than a job can be concentrated on if only for a day or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

Sorry for ignorance but what exactly does that mean for Waterford with red line ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

Just stuck my head out the window again. Nothing happening here at the moment, but there's been a good top up to the ground coverage since I last checked. I'm guessing we now have about the same amount I woke up to yesterday morning, and we had a really good thaw throughout yesterday and today. Tipp/Kilkenny border. Oh, and there's about the usual amount of traffic on the road, and they're going slow but not crawling, so we really haven't anything impressive. I'm guessing about a CM. I'm happy we've got a top up though. I was worried it'd all be gone by morning. I wanna build a snowman :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

There is a new name on the storm - its called bombogenesis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Fine stuff is accumulating slowly but surely here. No melting and the paths and the road are now a level sea of white and it’s still coming down. D6W. Like someone pouring a bag of sugar from the sky.

Advertisement