Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Weather Snow / Ice Weds 28 FEB ( Onwards ) ** READ MOD NOTE POST#1**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

Been going through a bunch of the TII cams and there seems to me to be plenty of snow falling all over the shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

Quick walk around Dublin 15, definitely not raining :)

IMG_8850.jpg

IMG_8853.jpg

IMG_8854.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭jj72

Lads....is galway gonna get anything or whats the story...can only look out the front door so many times without going insane

• Registered Users Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭patrickc

racso1975 wrote: »
    As of yet like :rolleyes:

Well we've been told to be in from 4.00. I was out walking less than an hour ago and not a bother on the town.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

actaphobia wrote: »
    Give it a chance, the night is young!!

Oh I will! I’ll be lamppost watching well into the wee hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 geo15

another site for TII Traffic Cameras

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Mod Note

Stop all of the accusations of trolling - it’s derailing the thread and you’re just going to earn yourself an infraction.
    Use the report function and let the mods deal with it

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,746 ✭✭✭degsie

The cycling forum is very quiet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭HONKEY TONK

Naas

Flat ground - 15:30 today 30cm

443796.jpg

Same place - 22:25 Tonight 46cm

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭adam240610

From a friend in southern greystones.
    And the car is not normally this white

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭sicknotexi

JJayoo wrote: »
    Why do people want huge amounts of snow?

People like a break from the mundane even if theoretically it could be bad news for them. That and we are all big kids really.

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

DP's dropping now in Wicklow again

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Simply Red wrote: »
    Quick walk around Dublin 15, definitely not raining :)

You're around the corner from me... Nice to know how it looks. Am just peeping out the window :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Mod Note: Ally Dick taking a brake from the forum for being uncivil.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,456 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Had to go out to the shed and I reckon with the cumulative snowfall and a bit of drifting, it's 30cm deep out in the garden. It's much deeper up against the west wall of the garden though where the wind has been causing the snow to drift all day. I reckon it's easily 60cm deep there!!

Lucan, Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Restore time for all the ESB outages is 8pm tomorrow. They've obviously told crews not to go out in red warning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭beefburrito

Here in North Clare it's been snowing here most of the day,blowing hard though.
    There should be a lot of drifts tomorrow,its powdery and you can see it blowing like dust earlier.

I think there's some sort of flow of streamers going towards south Galway north Clare all day,from the east coast....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

About 12 inches lying in most places here in outside Dunleer in Co. Louth. With a lot of drifts up to 2-3ft. Never seen snow like it here, and it's still coming down very heavy. Close to a blizzard as well with the wind getting very strong in the last two hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,220 ✭✭✭Goose81

This is the moment my folks realise I had good reason to buy the generator from lidl that Wednesday night last year, always prepare

• Registered Users Posts: 19,991 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

It appears to be doing something in n Tipp, but it's actually doing very little. The air is full of snow dust but it's so insubstantial it is having virtually no impact in terms of accumulation, so much so I wonder if most of the stuff in the air isn't actually fresh and is just stuff being blown about. I had a bare patch of paving this afternoon and it has still only the barest wisp of snow dust 6 hours later. Has Emma stopped to pay a visit to the little storms room or something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭pnpweirdo

2mm of snow in limerick. Looked out the window and there are people outside playing in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Orchard Rebel

wicklowdub wrote: »
    DP's dropping now in Wicklow again

Same thing happening up in Delgany. Temp -0.9c, DP -0.9c.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,456 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Goose81 wrote: »
    This is the moment my folks realise I had good reason to buy the generator from lidl that Wednesday night last year, always prepare

I bet the smile on your face is something to behold too. If not, it bloody should be :D

"Shur why would you buy one of those?"

• Registered Users Posts: 39,693 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

aidanodr wrote: »

ah dammit hopefully I can stay awake
    Sure it'll still be there in the morning. I have no intention of staying up all night.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,973 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Loughc wrote: »
    Thank you!

I do apologies if it’s not rain but it does look like rain on the window. Its more frustration cause there’s no build up of snow thanks to these ice pellets.

I'm in Dublin 5. Not too far away. I'm no expert but the good stuff looks like it's an hour away. Over the Irish see at the moment & it's stretching to southern England.

I'd imagine I'll be in bed when the real fun starts but it'll still be snowing by the time I get up in the morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

One thing is - with this wind, if the flakes get bigger the accumulations will be huge.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 42 actaphobia

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,846 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Is Waterford still on for getting more snow? Since 5pm anything I've seen looks considerably more like sleet than what we had previous :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chrongen

Electricity just gone in south Dublin.

Doubt the esb will be out to fix it anytime soon :pac:

Really? A big section of houses have lost power?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭NMB

Calibos wrote: »
    I wish people would stop calling them trolls. They are simply misinterpreting the precipitations fine nature, the water running down their windows and little to no accumulation as rain like literally 50 or 60 people before them.

I'm frankly fuming that after 3 hours of this ice pellet sh*te there is only a dusting on the road. I'll be lucky to have 4 or 5 cm in 24 hours if this ice pellet crap is all we get.

But ...it is covering and imo it’s a good base layer for what’s to come it’s sticking to everything—- I did try and find the type of specific snow but I couldn’t https://nsidc.org/cryosphere/snow/science/types.html

I’m stumped I’ve droplets on my lamppost watching window. All the tracks from earlier are covered- dark fleece test - well it melts so damn fast

Advertisement