Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Weather Snow / Ice Weds 28 FEB ( Onwards ) ** READ MOD NOTE POST#1**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

jds0ur wrote: »
    Where are you in Swords? Blasting down in Rivervalley!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrE4NdG_0PE&feature=youtu.be

Rathbeale road still the same

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭NMB

Professor of geography?? Prime time sorry context !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

spookwoman wrote: »
    watching radar could be 30 mins or so i hope

Fingers crossed I'm keeping a close eye on the lamppost for it ha

• Registered Users Posts: 9,013 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

You need to fire up paint and do one of your angry snow pics. Seemed to be thereputic in 2010 !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Why do people want huge amounts of snow?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Goose81 wrote: »
    They said on the news South Dublin could get a metre, it's been snowing all evening but it basically just rain it's not proper snow at all . I doubt we will see anything bar a few inches

I think we all need lessons on what rain is.

Sleet/snow mix in Dundalk has turned more to 'proper' snow in the last few minutes. Getting heavier too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,992 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

All calm here in Westport.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 42 actaphobia

Electricity just gone in south Dublin.

Doubt the esb will be out to fix it anytime soon :pac:

where about in south dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bio Mech

sean555 wrote: »
    I wonder where are all the " this is nothing, sure it isn't going to snow at all and it's all media hype" merchants now?
    Maybe they're all in Belmullet since that looks to be one of the few places that won't be buried have at least 20 cms tomorrow.
    Also that guy from the Botanic Gardens with his Met ie contact?

:) forgot about him. Hope his daffodils are ok

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 38 irlgw

wakka12 wrote: »
    Go out with a black jumper on and come back in and look at your sleeves, its snowing everywhere in dublin

Its very strange acting precipitation though, the ground is clearly accumulating in D14 (only by a little bit, mind) but the car outside my house which was cleared of snow earlier in the day is still snow free now.

Agreed its white but not convinced its snow!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

blue line was edge of red at 21.50
    ZnEtjFT.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭taytobreath

jo06555 wrote: »
    Any idea when the big stuff hits Waterford city ? Steady flows of light sizzle stuff but nothing major ..

this light stuff is adding to the depth of the snow here in tramore and it seems to be at a faster rate than the streamers from the east.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭revelman

The wind has really started to build here on the south Cork coast over the last 30 minutes or so. There is only a little bit of precipitation now but the wind is skimming off some of the 20cm of snow that was already on the ground and creating very interesting drifts around my house. It is like something from the movies. The howling wind is a bit eerie to be honest...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,305 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

brief precipitation lull in Portmarnock... Wind still howling though

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭RustyGate

Dublin 12- went out for a walk at about midday and have been inside ever since. Bf has to work in the morning (prison officer, so no snow day) but I forced him to leave now and sleep there so he wouldn't have to drive at 7am tomorrow. Snow throughout the day was steady but light, didn't think there'd been much cover, but when he went out to clear his car we could see our deep ankle- high footprints from earlier had been completely covered. So excited to see what tomorrow brings (even though I'll be working from home)...defo sleeping with the curtains open tonight!!

Yea, funny thing about deep footprints being covered, that happened here too (stones throw from D12), but the overall measured depth of the snow decreased and there was only 0.5 cm of fresh cover on the cars where they had been cleared. Must be something to do with snow blowing around rather than actually falling from the sky during that period.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Calibos wrote: »
    I wish people would stop calling them trolls. They are simply misinterpreting the precipitations fine nature, the water running down their windows and little to no accumulation as rain like literally 50 or 60 people before them.

I'm frankly fuming that after 3 hours of this ice pellet sh*te there is only a dusting on the road. I'll be lucky to have 4 or 5 cm in 24 hours if this ice pellet crap is all we get.

Thank you!

I do apologies if it’s not rain but it does look like rain on the window. Its more frustration cause there’s no build up of snow thanks to these ice pellets.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,386 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

How far out is that big blob heading towards Leinster do people reckon? 90 mins or so?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

JJayoo wrote: »

So we can throw massive amounts of snowballs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Skedaddle

Electricity just gone in south Dublin.

Doubt the esb will be out to fix it anytime soon :pac:

Quite a few small outages:

Live map:
    https://www.esb.ie/esb-networks/powercheck/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Goose81 wrote: »
    I just was out with the dog for 5 minutes, what hit my face and the window was 99% rain 1% snow

All day my car has been parked and it has about a half a cm of snow on it from the whole day

If it was 99% rain there would be nothing there. Rain melts snow.

Maybe we need an expert thread, a normal thread and a thread for beginners.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭Timistry

roddy15 wrote: »
    Light snow on the border between Tipp and Limerick, been falling now for an hour or two.

Very Disappointing so far. Missed out on all the streamers too the last 2 days

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Just looking at powercheck and it looks like a good few places in Dublin are without power.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭NMB

JJayoo wrote: »

Because we won’t see it for another 30 years plus plus plus

Although here’s hoping it’s annual !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Accumulations from 0cm on exposed surfaces to 10-20 cm where its drifting. Wild outside now but hoping the wales precip will bring flakier snow (dalkey)

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭jds0ur

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 42 actaphobia

Loughc wrote: »
    Thank you!

I do apologies if it’s not rain but it does look like rain on the window. Its more frustration cause there’s no build up of snow thanks to these ice pellets.

Give it a chance, the night is young!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

patrickc wrote: »
    I echo that

As of yet like :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

I was keeping up to this page by page but it's moving so fast I can't keep up.

I'm in East Galway, good 6/7 inch snowfall so far and still coming steady, roads in sh*te. Red alert has been pulled back to 6am yet I'm sure I seen on 9 Rte news that nationwide red alert until 3pm but connection was giving gip. As a result of the red alert pull back my fella is expected to be at work at 9am tomorrow now, it was to be closed until the evening. If it continues like this he'll not get to work. MT's latest update puts East Galway at 20-40cm further accumulation, surely this warrants an extended red alert???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

When is the major snow predicted to hit Dublin county?

Advertisement