Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CLASSIC HITS OR 4FM

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Saorsat wrote: »
    Colm gave Nikki the bullet because she slagged him off in the tabloids about 10 years ago saying that he was overpaid and that Jim Jim was the talented one, little did she know he would one day become her boss and get his revenge.

Really? I was always told that the reason she adopted the name 'Hayes' was because of her admiration for him so I cannot see that being true.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭seagull

I wonder how PJ & Jim are being received on their new Breakfast Show over on Radio NOVA? Are the NOVA listeners missing Colm & Lucy or thrilled with the arrival of PJ & Jim?
    I think classic fm got a lot of extra listeners when Colm & Lucy started on nova, and now they've all moved away again. They will not be missed. I don't know how those 2 got more than 2 weeks on air. They are dire.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭maniac2003

Heard the gruesome twosome on the radio yesterday morning for the first time since the switch. Its really pathetic. the 2 lads were pretty docile and easy to listen too but this is a massive step back for CH

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭UsBus

No real opinion on Colm but Lucy would make your ears bleed. Would put her up there with ciara I useta be a doctor ya know..

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭vince

I tried but she shouts too much its like being back at play school . Pity as i liked the music. Gone to c103 now for tunes and bit of red fm for banter. New jingles sound good on i c hits but cant listen much any more. I heard Nial boylen mention new studio coming soon waste of cash if u ask me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,005 ✭✭✭threeball

C Hits will see a massive audience drop in the mornings due to that decision and its amazing how many set their station in the morning and don't budge off it even if it means enduring Niall boring for 2hrs. I cant see them lasting 6 months

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Maz2016

I used listen to PJ and Jim on CH, turned off the radio when Niall B came on and turned it back on from 3-about 6:30 ish. Haven’t listened to any show on CH since Colm and Lucy’s first day. I actually found the local radio station is half decent. CH needs a major overhaul

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭vince

They should have put her on from 2to 5. That 2 to 7 slot is to long. Shes a good jock i thought.

Not like her to go to the media when she has been wronged to cry foul! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I've given it a few weeks but can't warm to the new breakfast show at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Dipole Keith

Is the evening show recorded?
    Sure sounds like it, Jingles coming in over presenter talking, Not tight at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Muller1991

I caught the 7-9pm show on Monday evening and it sounded like something was up alright , Maybe the voice track is recorded. Could it be a cost cutting measure ?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Muller1991 wrote: »
    I caught the 7-9pm show on Monday evening and it sounded like something was up alright , Maybe the voice track is recorded. Could it be a cost cutting measure ?

Since Nicky from 'Nicky at night' was made redundant- probably.

I've given it a few weeks but can't warm to the new breakfast show at all.

Lucy Kennedy sounds like she's sauced 24/7. There's no train of thought, just momentary belches of words that seem like they've just overflowed her brain and left rather than formed coherent sentences.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭1992ChainGang

threeball wrote: »
    Lucy Kennedy sounds like she's sauced 24/7. There's no train of thought, just momentary belches of words that seem like they've just overflowed her brain and left rather than formed coherent sentences.
    It's so bad. Shame cos I love the music on CH but it's just painful to listen to in the mornings, the whole shtick they have where they argue and pretend to hate each other is so awkward.

Lucy wasnt in one of the mornings this week so Mike hosted with Colm and was much more listenable. A bit boring but easy to listen to.

They kept them on Nova for years so I don't see them getting rid of them any time soon unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Cole

It's so bad. Shame cos I love the music on CH but it's just painful to listen to in the mornings, the whole shtick they have where they argue and pretend to hate each other is so awkward.

Lucy wasnt in one of the mornings this week so Mike hosted with Colm and was much more listenable. A bit boring but easy to listen to.

They kept them on Nova for years so I don't see them getting rid of them any time soon unfortunately.

Now granted I've only caught bits of it on the odd morning, but it's just awful stuff...almost worth listening for the whole 'so bad it's good' value. That phrase 'stealing a living' gets thrown around on the radio forum quite a bit, but these two really deserve it for this muck. He's not my cup of tea, but at least CH has some broadcasting ability...but as for Lucy Kennedy, she's almost offensively bad.

I miss the lads on CH breakfast, havnt really listened to the station since they left. Do Lucy and ya man have banter with Mike and Tara like the lads did?

News on Nova read by Tara is precordered as no banter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭KildareP

Since Nicky from 'Nicky at night' was made redundant- probably.

7PM onwards has always been voicetracked, even when Nicki Hayes was on it. I'm not sure who puts the show together but it's similarly "rough" on East Coast FM nights which is also presented by Nicki Hayes (still) and also voicetracked - long gaps, voicetrack drowned out by the music or crashing into jingles.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭1992ChainGang

I miss the lads on CH breakfast, havnt really listened to the station since they left. Do Lucy and ya man have banter with Mike and Tara like the lads did?

News on Nova read by Tara is precordered as no banter.
    They interact, but I wouldnt quite call it banter.

I think Mike know's he's taken charge of the Titanic, not much he can do to save it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Muller1991

They must lose a chunk of listeners between 7 and 9. Would be a hard pull for Niall Boylan @ Night. Its proven that when the show before hand is engaging for whatever reason the listener will stay. Having said that i do know that not all of his evening show's are live either, Which to me begs the question is Classic hits just a 7am-7pm Station ? Does that in anyway mess around with the licence they have or is there a million loopholes they've found.

They must lose a chunk of listeners between 7 and 9. Would be a hard pull for Niall Boylan @ Night. Its proven that when the show before hand is engaging for whatever reason the listener will stay. Having said that i do know that not all of his evening show's are live either, Which to me begs the question is Classic hits just a 7am-7pm Station ? Does that in anyway mess around with the licence they have or is there a million loopholes they've found.

I'd say they lost a chunk from 7 until at least 2pm when Boylans first stint finishes. People won't switch over to pick up a show for 2hrs only to switch again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭KildareP

Pretty much 7-7 weekdays and 10-6 weekends is the only "live" part of the schedule, almost everything outside of that is automated, voicetracked or pre-recorded.

Not altogether uncommon though - Covid has really hit station turnover hard on top of what were already choppy times for many stations.

Vast majority of the regional and niche stations have become 7-7 operations these days and pretty much every station is in automation come midnight until 6am.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Wiggywiggle

Stopped listening since PJ and Jim left. Lucy is a awful presenter and adds nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭seagull

Colm and Lucy were a failed experiment on Nova, but rather than just take them off air, they swapped them to CH.

seagull wrote: »
    Colm and Lucy were a failed experiment on Nova, but rather than just take them off air, they swapped them to CH.

Ya man even got the PD gig at CH after being so ****!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

Nova and Classic hits might as well be the same station now.
    And they're both starting to play ay some awful shyte.

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭alzer100

This time 40 years ago they were setting things up at the original and real Radio Nova. No voice tracking, no automation, no bull****!

We've come a long way!!

KildareP wrote: »
    7PM onwards has always been voicetracked, even when Nicki Hayes was on it. I'm not sure who puts the show together but it's similarly "rough" on East Coast FM nights which is also presented by Nicki Hayes (still) and also voicetracked - long gaps, voicetrack drowned out by the music or crashing into jingles.

Recorded with zero f**ks given but according to what she told the 'meejah', she lost her dream job!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,890 ✭✭✭archfi

Really good chat with the man whose wife killed their three children on Niall Boylan show now - it's about to finish but will be on podcast later.

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

Advertisement