Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Winter Weather, Snow/Ice - Sun 25th Feb (Onwards) ** READ MOD NOTE POST #1 **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,265 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Just out of interest if this was the direction our weather came from all the time.

Anyone know what kind of summers they get in the Arctic and Siberia?

When you say kind of summers - do you mean in comparison to Ireland or to Spain?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

The risk of downgrades has subsided after the model that was holding out this morning has come in to line this evening which means solid cross model agreement.

You can all rest easy. ;)

NAVGEM is the worst of the great bunch. Shows minimum of -10 uppers all week and the cold system collapsing over us, with the high retreating as you said.

But it would still provide 2 to 3 days of potential snow. And it's the only remaining outlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Just out of interest if this was the direction our weather came from all the time.

Anyone know what kind of summers they get in the Arctic and Siberia?

I was in a rural part of Siberia last year in July, was about 17-18 degrees, but gets down below -40 in winter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Soccarboy11

this is most definitely a pub run!

gfs-13-120_ijn0.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    I have turned my bed around so I can lamp post watch in comfort this time :D

This forum is brilliant , I normally just lurk , but the excitement is contagious.!

Mam of 5 after snow days in bed

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭wingnut32

Ninthlife wrote: »
    This is what makes Boards.ie and to some extent social media brilliant. The ability to bring informed essential information to large numbers regarding what may be life threatening conditions.

Making people aware on these threads (previous weather events) has more than likely saved lives and damage to property so to those experts and all who contribute thank you..my trampoline and fence panels thank you too ��

Absolutely. Although its taking a bit of time to get through to the 'thats not going to happen brigade', the same ones that will wake up snowed in wondering why no one warned them

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭jds0ur

Busy tonight :O

1131 (378 members & 753 guests) Moderators : 5

jds0ur, snowbabe, Daniel2590, PJD, Akrasia, greenfield21, nemonoid, irish1967, gimpotronitus, Hyblaeus, the 12 th man, eagerv, Musicman2000, FFred, i8mancs, 00benski, Aimsir, dacogawa, ideb, Dickie10, Fringegirl, sryanbruen, Shane O' Malley, redsteveireland, jay28, Jimbob1977, Delboy2015, quidel, kittyn, noble00, jousting with chairs, conor_mc, Standing Bear, snowstreams, loughside, Irish Steve, DubOnHoliday, WhatsGoingOn2, Carol25, Abhainn, BLIZZARD7, nuttyboy79, pcasso, whippet, milosh, irishfeen, wazzer1, Ray Donovan, blackbird99, Mr Bumble, Soccarboy11, Pherekydes, jimbis, beco, michaelm, igCorcaigh, MissMoc, waldo, giveitholly, AloKildare, johntune, Cul a cnoic, melmoth77, CirrusBusiness, Comhra, Popeleo, dublincelt, blackbird86, oterra, freewheeler, QA1, Saganist, Golfwidow, sea12, finlma, Scubadevils, hawkwing, lord lucan, EAD, Larbre34, RuthieRose, DominoDub, mkdon05, Ninthlife, stwome01, Get up and go, Turtwig, 2013Lara, FastFullBack, EMPotatohands, pp_me, wingnut32, vistafinder, MerlinSouthDub, sdanseo, Cows Go µ, srocliffe, cotton, 200motels, Stevie79, RandomAccess, darraghwex, ZappaMan, odyboody, Tzardine, nacho libre, munsterlegend, King of Spades, DanielL18, Manitoban, Large Funeral, babalobioddy, Squeaksoutloud, jackrussel, Lumen, UMOT, Brianmeath, Tigerbaby, junospider, mobil 222, fritzelly, DumbBrunette, leahyl, snowstorm445, Tooshjr81, jirafa, sasasnow, snowjon, BabyEater, DOCARCH, torres9kop, mountainy man, cianon, Snow angel, van_beano, jammiedodgers, Stephen Hawkins football boots, Kermit.de.frog, flanzer, shellycub, Bogsnorkler, Mount Vesuvius, Delboy5, YanSno, Olympiad1972, littlebsci, Indestructable, heffoo, dharma200, Green farmer, Muir, Psychobabble, Artfu1Dodger, Jake1, MAJJ, damo80, barrier86, bohsfan, Avns1s, Misguided1, DAN85, cristeoir, Tickityboo, Kevcol, Pentecost, Dickerty, FizzleSticks, Lucreto, pmq71, droidman123, Natibaby, Daz_, NinjaTruncs, Reversal, davidsr20, channaigh, beefburrito, zara100, Snowbiee21, Mama lion, bennyineire, Uaz, Reckless Abandonment, sideswipe, Harrys Ol Man, threetrees, RebelButtMunch, Luckycharms_74, Get Real, Longing, Greensoup, diarmuid79, bazlers, gar45, J6P, golf nut, the quiet fella, Nettle Soup, Minister, swampgas, Shadylou, smallwonder, TJM, icarus86, Rooy, newbie2, eastbono, Johnnysneachta, zzxx, Goeasy123, cyclops999, notuslimited, bogman_bass, Pete67, petejmk, royalflush2003, downwiththatsor, lolie, sunflower3, Foggy Jew, Victor Meldrew, Luke-m, TitianGerm, SQLDBA, Juppie, BabysCoffee, JCX BXC, now online, Deiseland, gabeeg, Neamhshuntasach, Scall4life, Gaoth Laidir, yellowsoul, barney 20v, mirrorwall14, Sieghardt, Alfie1, smithy1981, Odelay, sparrowcar, Cork981, Kamili, Sammy2012, Dancewithme, Oscar Bravo, outdoors247, ixus, gozunda, buzsywuzsy, Henry94, ltdslipdiff, Barnaboy, jprender, bb12, shmaupel, pishposh, adam240610, cdsb46, Snowbie, dsmythy, PauloMN, James Bond Junior, HappyHiker, schmittel, Nickla, Titain, dsaint1, blackberry jam, Doctor Jimbob, davidglanza, Pocaide, Rodar08, Cushtie, pistolpetes11, The Assistinator, thecretinhop, brookers, Bejubby, Bonzo Delaney, sunbabe08, Tzmaster90, Wisesmurf, Samash, martyfurey, jc11, novarock, boomtown1, divil_a_bit, c_murph, tritriagain, pad199207, hesker, nerrad1983, DaleB, TheMilkyPirate, hoody, jay48, Robert McGrath, barrac, Gavlor, MayoForSam, The tax man, diceyd, Weathercheck, amber2, Crybabygeeks, dave1982, twinkletoes, sumtings, YFlyer, Takeshi_Kovacs, Donegal Storm, anto77, Calibos, MaceFace, Pwindedd, mrpdap, brianwalshcork, sjb25, MidMan25, Polly parrot, Barlett, Knine, cuores, johnmcdnl, Danno, Chilly Willy, James74, JiffyJ, noah45, P_1, Bio Mech, Tim the Enchanter, Keisha07, paddybarry, mickger844posts, little bess, Eds, Tom Cruises Left Nut, breadmond, BrokenMan, westerninvader, LadyW, billie1b, roosterman71, bookworms

• Registered Users Posts: 3,866 ✭✭✭Dickie10

been telling my family about this from monday, i was laughed out of it. begining to turn a bit now but still chuckle at the thought of more than a flurry of snow and an ordinary -3 harsh frost. my cousin laughed me out of it earlier. there all going by their phones!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,866 ✭✭✭Dickie10

i feel exactly like chicken licken telling everyone the sky is falling in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,262 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

I see the ICON is back on board. CHOO CHOO!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,481 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

The only thing holding me back is the time of year. This looks set to be ...I can only go by current data.... the most severe episode in 50 years ...

March 2013 event was almost 4 weeks in advance of now so not that bad. P.S with surface temps like these there would be little to worry about

114-580UK.GIF?23-18

Wednesday and Thursday shaping up to be ice days.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭sean555

The West may awake yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭dacogawa

GFS saying the percip will start around 6am on Tuesday, there is a small bit on the charts before which might just take off, I've a feeling we'll see some white gold on the east coast before Tuesday morning...

gfs-2-84.png?18

gfs-2-96.png?18

• Registered Users Posts: 13,522 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Let's not forget that it took around 2 weeks for the heavy snow from February 1947 and early March 1947 to thaw in March then; which then led to severe floods and the wettest March on record for many. Through that period, temperatures continued to struggle to get above 5c, but are not as low as the ones forecasted here in 2018.

Hopefully we won't have to suffer through those disasters of that period.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭vistafinder

fritzelly wrote: »
    When you say kind of summers - do you mean in comparison to Ireland or to Spain?

Temperature wise.

im liking that green snow line in cork city on that 2nd picture!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,113 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

prectypeuktopo.png

Oh Yes!

Within the reliable range, looking very promising for a very snow stared West Clare.

Should I stop looking at charts?

Jesus I feel like a child in a candy shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

I committed and reserved a snow shovel in Argos..theres oonly ne left in Carlow just in case anyone wants it

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭kaltz

Heading to Belgium from Dublin on Monday until Wednesday. May get out and not back!!! Freezing over there as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

Forgive the newbie post but what are the chances of it not snowing at this stage? I live in quite an isolated location and really can’t stomach the thoughts of another snow like 09 or 10
    Location = Wicklow Mountains!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,481 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

gfs-0-138.png?18

kyp5i6Q.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭jds0ur

Poor Cork, snow shield strikes again

• Registered Users Posts: 13,522 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

I love how people continue to post with images in quotes. :rolleyes:

jds0ur wrote: »
    Poor Cork, snow shield strikes again

ah stop that now we are all going out with pitch forks and flames tomorrow to look for the b*stard with the generator running the thing.

I'm loving the forecast from netweather.tv for Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Daniel2590

Wow

gfs-0-156.png?18

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭jimbis

Dickie10 wrote: »
    been telling my family about this from monday, i was laughed out of it. begining to turn a bit now but still chuckle at the thought of more than a flurry of snow and an ordinary -3 harsh frost. my cousin laughed me out of it earlier. there all going by their phones!!

I've been the same all week, doing everyone's heads in about it.

Then my dad turns around and says 'ah sure I told yis all about that last Monday, it was on the iPhone'...... How dare he steal my thunder(snow), after all the hours of lurking I've put into this forum :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,829 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

DominoDub wrote: »
    Mam of 5 after snow days in bed

Mam on her own so no more snow babies :D

• Advertisement

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Mam on her own so no more snow babies :D

Sod the kids

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement