Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

24 Hours in Police Custody - Channel 4

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,250 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Wouldn't be surprised if went to the UK to fulfil his predatory sex addiction and has been raping guys since he arrived and getting more arrogant about it because he was never caught - really came across as thinking what he did was totally normal, wanted a boyfriend my arse

Saying he just wants to go home but never did was just BS

Hope his visa is annulled and sent back home where repercussions will be a bit more serious for him

• Registered Users Posts: 40,153 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I think deportation is probably guaranteed after he has served his sentence.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,181 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭BobMc

Like another poster said, mid way thru thought he's gonna get away with this, glad he went down, no chance he'll leave on own accord to go home,

they wont be as tolerant of his sexuality back home, where'd he say Iraq?, as usual some great police work, I'll try catch the other new episode this week

• Registered Users Posts: 16,692 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

That was a brilliant double episode. Really fcuked up how such a minor pub fight led to what happened.

Also, you'd wonder how the guy arrested in the first episode ended up doing 3 months in jail before they realised they had the wrong guy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭BobMc

we really need to see some of those sentences being dished out and served here, way to soft on sentencing here ! thought evidence was not super strong but i can see how a jury would convict ( I would)

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭seamusk84

Really hits you to see those sentences. Two men killed and two other men sent down for life.

Shows how a few drinks and a scuffle can lead to such destruction for all four and their families.

When the read out the letter the stabber had wrote to his grandparents, it genuinely hits you. The man has ruined his own life and killed two others because he couldn't control his aggression. It would make you want to ban alcohol.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,692 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Looking at the CCTV footage, there was a lot more than alcohol being consumed - by all of them I'd wager

M

I thought the sentencing was a little harsh given the circumstances that kicked it all off in the pub, it was one of the victims who initiated things. 38 years and 34 without parole, something like 14 and 18 years would have been more fitting given neither of them set out to murder that day and the car driver was likely feeling under threat with all the people around him at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,153 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

The victims were each stabbed multiple times. The guy who survived was stabbed 8 times. One of the men killed wasn't even in the pub for the row. The intent to kill was very clear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,085 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

Yes, heavy sentences. 38 and 34yrs which must be served before applying /consideration for parole. Their lives are effectively over.

I enjoyed the monologues from the young detective who had studied psychology. The suspect with the kid that had to go into care was a total psyco with narcistic traits intrigued, but did not fool him.

Stone cold on the murder facts and footage but gets upset when his actions are impacting him personally, then laughing and joking with his solicitor after feigning upset over graphic video evidence.

He then had the neck to say the custody officer, "yes bail me" after he was charged with murder.

It was all about him. He has 34 yrs me time now. Sorry the other guy arrested with him had to spend 3 months in jail. He must have been charged.with something, as they could not have detained him otherwise. I thought he was going down when he was recorded saying to the other guy through the walls something like " they can't prove we murdered anyone bruv"

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

There was something really weird about the story chronology of the guy you are talking about in your last paragraph, Curtis Long.

In the show it looked as if he was arrested, interviewed, and something during the course of his 24 Hours in Police Custody the police came to the conclusion that whilst he was at the scene, he didn't do any stabbing and it wasn't his car that drove over the victim. And thus he got released. We definitely saw no clip of excited police officers awaiting direction from the CPS, or him being brought to the custody desk to have the CPS decision and charges read to him. Stuff they are always eager to show.

But a little big of googling shows that he was actually charged with murder Three men appear in court over double stabbing murder in Houghton Regis | ITV News Anglia so the whole 'police quickly coming to the conclusion that he was innocent' stuff we saw was actually months later. Hence the reference at the end to 3 months on remand.

Interestingly the link above references another person charged with murder, Mark Griffiths. We saw no mention of him at any stage, no interview etc. It may have been a personal decision of his (Mark Griffiths) for his arrest/interviews/charge not to appear on the show given he ultimately was not brought to trial. Whereas Curtis Long chose differently for his own reasons. But I think it's clear that the show took a few liberties with how exactly they portrayed Curtis's time in the station.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,848 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Related show on channel 4, to catch a copper first episode well worth a watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Be right back

There's an old episode on channel 4+1 at 10 tonight which is well worth a watch.

Another great show that I don't know how I missed that would be definitely of interest to peeps here - Forensics: The Real CSI - BBC2 (couldn't find anything with search here)

M

Yes watched the last series, it was great. The repeat of last Sundays show goes out again on Thursday at 11.15pm on BBC2, then on Sundays the show is on at 9pm on BBC2 and 10.50pm on BBC2NIRL.

Advertisement