Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

24 Hours in Police Custody - Channel 4

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Be right back

3 years is a joke for what he did. The mother didn't come across well either. I wonder what happened to the baby in the first case also.

I didn't "get" that either.......... what was the point of showing that ( heinous)1st case???? It didn't go anywhere..... no conclusion. I can only surmise that the point was to highlight/ indicate what the cops are up against/ facing in these horrible "shaken baby" cases????? That's the best I can come up with Anyhow!!! I just hope karma catches up with these scum

• Registered Users Posts: 81,073 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

New episode tonight at 9, concludes tomorrow night.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Be right back

Just watching it. Hard watch. What the f is wrong with some people?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,196 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Absolutely horrific, that poor baby.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,230 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

How the hell could you do that even in the most extreme of rages, punch a f*cking wall ffs - he's an absolute monster, hope he gets everything coming to him in prison

And as for her, mother of year award is never gonna happen

Cheers Atlantic Dawn, I'll watch that on the 'player' thingy..........darts took over all viewing last couple of nights. Sounds like a grim episode

M

Yes Darts for me too, there's a combined episode from both nights on Wednesday.

Cheers.....ill leave it off till tommorow night so........ch4 @ 9???????

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,103 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Tonight (Tuesday) at 9pm and tomorrow (Wednesday) at 11.05pm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,816 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I remember this case but didn't know the background etc. Extremely tough watch.

My mum was a health visitor for a long time.... i also have a friend who is a social worker....I don't know how people do it!

They mentioned the baby P case, that would give you nightmares as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Deregos.

I don't envy the police officers on this case, they've done brilliant but emotionally it must be one of the most difficult types of crimes to investigate.

This angry prick should never of been allowed near anyone's children. Interesting to see if she also gets prison time.

Jeez...... I got "up to speed" earlier on the player.....warching episode 2 now...... just a couple of quick thoughts......

This scumbag ain't ever going to be on 'university challenge' ...he looks like he's got the IQ of a dead badger.

Zero surprise that he's not the 'daddy'.... Lucy looks the kind that would look after "after" the sailors when the ship comes in/ payday. She ain't exactly a descendent of Einstein either.

-------------------------------------------

I keep thinking of baby Teddy............11weeks of **** he endured in this World......wouldve been better off stillborn. R.I.P.

Your man is a very angry individual, very smarmy and always has an answer to everything

And those crocodile tears when he found out he wasn't the father didn't last long

• Registered Users Posts: 16,440 ✭✭✭✭banie01

That child's interview is damning for Kane but, moreso the Mother. She stayed with him when she knew he inflicted violence on her kids as well as her.

Let's be honest......we all felt a bit sorry for the poor van driver.......pity he wasn't going a bit faster mind.

Yeah, deserved a lot more hurt than that, shows how selfish he was that he didn't even care what happened to the driver'

Paralysis from the waist down would have been fitting

So the lovely lucci got basically nothing & "Ugly" Kane got life with a minimum 18yrs........said it before.....wouldve been better if the van driver finished him off.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,916 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Jesus wept that was shocking stuff, 2 years community service for that Tramp 😳

Kane almost too stupid to be evil , Horrid, ghastly, nasty and selfish scumbag 😡

The Van Driver has to be congratulated, pity he wasn't driving a juggernaut at the time.

I know these cases extremely difficult to investigate but my god, that was shocking stuff, hard to believe people like these vile individuals exist, let alone be allowed to have children.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭afatbollix

Very very hard to investigate. The shots of the detectives reading the post mortem showed it really. I wouldn't be able to look him in the eye.

The kids interview at the end showed what he really was like. They can't lie.

Nothing would slap sense into the mother, She was so blinded that she didn't notice all the injuries he caused him, Like he must of just cried all the time.

Even tho it would of been better for the van to finish him off it was mad that it was the same injuries as Teddy. Almost like this is what you caused that little lad, But your hands were the van, that's how hard you hit him.

• Advertisement
    M

I just hope Kane's fellow inmates properly destroy his life each and every single day. Lucci should be sterlised before she gets out just in case she has other kids. The Iranian approach where they publically hang people from cranes would be the sort of punishment needed here.

The 'lovely' Lucci AIINT eating any porrige........ as regards Kane I think you can rest assured he'll get his comeuppance ( with interest) over the next 18yrs.....not necessarily his new 'friends'....could be the Officers.......i like the new term that Jeffery Epstein left us with......." ASSISTED suicide"

One thing that really stuck out to me was Lucci's defence council when she was asked if the scumbag had hit her. She told her "you don't need to answer that question" despite letting her ramble for a long while without interruption beforehand. I thought, at that moment, that this Lucci one was definitely going to be spending time in jail because her solicitor was stealing a living and wasn't bothering to do her job right.

The police stated that they provided her with dossiers of evidence before the interview and the solicitor must have surely looked over it. The police were clearly giving her an out with the whole "I'm a victim of his abuse too and I was just to scared to do anything" and the solicitor tried to nix that fairly quickly. And lo and behold, she doesn't serve a single day in prison. I honestly don't get it. Maybe Lucci told the solicitor beforehand about the abuse he was doing to her other kids and knew it would come back to bite her if they were interviewed. Either way, one scumbag got what he deserved and the other got off far too lightly.

Anybody tuned in tonight????? A one- punch assault......victim dies

I saw there was something on more4 tonight alright but I am guessing it is a repeat if not on channel 4?

You're 100% right.......it IS more4 I'm watching........havent seen this episode.....not good.....one punch & next thing a young life is over

• Registered Users Posts: 13,285 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

2-parter on this week about the 1994 murder of 6 year-old Rikki Neave in Peterborough, a case which was finally concluded a few weeks ago.

First part was on tonight, 2nd part tomorrow, both repeated late on Wednesday.

Tonight's ep wasn't the usual 24 Hours formula, as it basically just showed old news footage of the events and interviews with the cold-case unit. Still a difficult watch though, poor kid never really stood a chance - one of 4 kids of a 26-year-old drug-addict Mum on a sink estate living in squalor. And terrible mother that she clearly was, she didn't deserve to have the police home in on her as their only suspect and put her on trial on such weak evidence.

2nd part will presumably be more standard fare with interviews with the new suspect.

Watched this....absolutely terrific and so well made as usual with this show.

It gives you a real appreciation for how hard and diligent some police are, the original investigation...not so much...

I didn't know anything about the case, not an easy watch at all. I must admit I did shed a few tears, he reminded me of one of my nephew's when he was younger.

Highly recommend

I vaguely remember this in the news - mainly its the mother that triggered my memory of the time

Good to know the killer, who probably thought he had got away with it, was finally caught

• Advertisement
    M

I see a new series kicks off on Monday 28th at 9pm on Channel 4.

Advertisement