Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should we stop bullying the United Kingdom?

Options

Comments

Steve F wrote: »
    This had me PMSL. Are you being serious with that remark?
    It's pretty hilarious really. We have the same power as other countries, we just have a much stronger interest. Our government seem to have their heads screwed on so far and I'm sure will be ready for any "pressure" the EU may end up putting on us should they do an about-face towards the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,476 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/shelagh-fogarty/shelagh-fogartys-interview-with-senior-brexiteer/

Dear god. Ireland were neutral in WW2 and are one of the nations we rescued/defeated so fcuk em says Brexiteer MP.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,795 ✭✭✭fly_agaric

Our government seem to have their heads screwed on so far and I'm sure will be ready for any "pressure" the EU may end up putting on us should they do an about-face towards the end.

There's one thing that worries me about their approach. IMO they seem to think that doing planning for what NI border would look like after a "hard" brexit is somehow letting the British off the hook, or enabling the loony hard Brexit types in the UK or something. It is a bit pollyannaish - if Leo says "there will be no hard border" enough times it will make it so!

We don't know what is going to happen, our control over it, even with the backup of the EU is not as much as we might like (the outcome will mainly depend on British domestic politics). Planning for the worst (while hoping for the best) is just prudence & better than being caught with your pants down.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,535 ✭✭✭swampgas

https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/shelagh-fogarty/shelagh-fogartys-interview-with-senior-brexiteer/

Dear god. Ireland were neutral in WW2 and are one of the nations we rescued/defeated so fcuk em says Brexiteer MP.

I've heard a lot of that sort of emotion from Brexiteers - they really can't handle the UK being just another largish country in the EU. They want to treated as the top dog, and expect to be allowed throw their weight around. They simply refuse to see that they don't really have that much weight anymore, especially when going toe to toe with the combined power of the EU-27.

I'm reminded of Leona Helmsley. Following international rules is only for little countries.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,281 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Similar rhetoric from Boris recently where he told a room that the Irish border is small and inconsequential and nobody 'uses it'. For the UK to have to deal with the problem is only folly.

These lads exist in an alternate universe

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

lawred2 wrote: »
    Similar rhetoric from Boris recently where he told a room that the Irish border is small and inconsequential and nobody 'uses it'. For the UK to have to deal with the problem is only folly.

These lads exist in an alternate universe

Most of them really do, it's part of the mindset over there, whether you're an Etonian or Harrow public school boy or a Shameless-esque chav, they believe that England/the U.K is 'where it's at' and other countries are 'lesser' entities, aside from their masters across the pond.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Nomis21

The UK referendum was about leaving the EU not the customs union. It is May and the Brexiteers who want to leave the customs union. The issue of the Irish border could be resolved by staying in the customs union which I believe is what the next UK elections will be about. However I also believe that the Labour party will not win it unless they ditch Corbyn who has Brexiteer sympathies.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭An Claidheamh

Yes, it's hard to describe just how insignificant we are in the Euro machine.

Now that we've lost the only crowd who share any sort of customs, culture, history with us I deeply fear for the future.

We're going to get rolled on. First up is Corporation Tax.

The British with their history of sectarianism, monarchy, empire, violence and the yobs who actually started Brexit for their own selfish reasons..... pretending we're their "friends".

Why do they insist upon being so pathetic?

It's like a child claiming they have ADD when really what they need is a good slap to set them straight.

We all know you're c@#ts, now the whole world does too. :)

Our "shared history" is like that between Poland and Germany, only Germany have some sense of shame, modernity and realism.

Taytoland wrote: »
    I love the 12th July though with friends and family celebrating James taking a hiding by William in the field of battle.

Yeah, I got the impression from your posts you that way inclined.

A real space cadet.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,747 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

wow

We were at war with the UK, 18 years before WWII which was irrelevant

It's been 73 years since WWII but somehow that's relevant.

We were neutral all right, for the overflights and the food exports and the munitions workers and letting allied pilots escape and providing the weather reports for D-Day.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭Taytoland

Don't forget the cowardice and that ****tard DeValera, a traitor to the crown.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,747 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Show us the birth cert :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Zerbini Blewitt

This comment doesn’t even rise to the level of elementary poe half-gibberish :D :rolleyes:

The British with their history of sectarianism, monarchy, empire, violence and the yobs who actually started Brexit for their own selfish reasons..... pretending we're their "friends".

It's like a child claiming they have ADD when really what they need is a good slap to set them straight.

Our "shared history" is like that between Poland and Germany, only Germany have some sense of shame, modernity and realism.

Oopsie, the mask slipped there

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Aegir wrote: »
    Oopsie, the mask slipped there

Instead of getting butt-hurt you could consider the points he made and refute them... or not.

I'd say you'll choose the latter option.

Instead of getting butt-hurt you could consider the points he made and refute them... or not.

I'd say you'll choose the latter option.

So you think the Brits are *****?

Actually, don’t bother, we already know the answer to that one.

So you think the Brits are *****?

Depends which ones you're referring to, the worlds is full of *****. Anyway, are you going to, a) refute the points made or b) avoid it?

A or B?

Depends which ones you're referring to, the worlds is full of *****. Anyway, are you going to, a) refute the points made or b) avoid it?

A or B?

So you think 60,000,000 people are ***** based on where they are born? Which is what the poster clearly said in the post that you thought was worth thanking.

Yet you want me to refute it?

Seriously?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

Yet you are happy to take orders from the French. Even more evil than the British.

While Britain was giving independence to the likes of India and Burma, France was fighting bloody battles in an attempt to keep its empire.

While France was sending ship loads of slaves to the Americas, Britain was blockading them.

I am sure you think Gibraltar should be given to Spain, but what about all the French and Spanish colonies worldwide on the back of a €20 note?

Will you be looking for them to be made independent or returned to other countries?

I doubt it.

You say 'traitor to the [sic] crown' as if it's something negative. Now, that's odd.

sttasmp-copy-280x300.jpg

• Advertisement

You say 'traitor to the [sic] crown' as if it's something negative. Now, that's odd.

sttasmp-copy-280x300.jpg

Australian stamp???

prinzeugen wrote: »
    While France was sending ship loads of slaves to the Americas, Britain was blockading them.

Aw, how sweet. And was that before or after the British state supported the Confederates in the US Civil War because it wanted a continuous supply of cheap slave-labour produced cotton?
    Yet you are happy to take orders from the French. Even more evil than the British.

The French are beautiful, and their beauty gets more amazing with ever rant against them by bitter sullen British jingoists who are in turmoil because after centuries of walking on the rest of the planet, they are finally realising that Britain is a has-been world power in every respect. The Germans, too, are brilliant. Anybody else on the British tabloid hate list?
    While Britain was giving independence to the likes of India and Burma, France was fighting bloody battles in an attempt to keep its empire.

Aw, how sweet is all this 'Gentle Black and Tan' history of nice Britannia "giving" independence to India a couple of years after the British Empire's great humanitarian display during the Bengal Famine in 1943-44. Seems you've overlooked, too, the million or so people in Kenya who were imprisoned in the notorious "Enclosed Villages" by your glorious Britain in the 1950s, and the tens of thousands of Kenyans who were hanged at will by British colonial judges, and, well, so very much more.

End of Empire in Kenya: How did Britain get away with it?

41HBBVW5F6L._SX267_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Aw, how sweet. And was that before or after the British state supported the Confederates in the US Civil War because it wanted a continuous supply of cheap slave-labour produced cotton?

The French are beautiful, and their beauty gets more amazing with ever rant against them by bitter sullen British jingoists who are in turmoil because after centuries of walking on the rest of the planet, they are finally realising that Britain is a has-been world power in every respect. The Germans, too, are brilliant. Anybody else on the British tabloid hate list?

Aw, how sweet is all this 'Gentle Black and Tan' history of nice Britannia "giving" independence to India a couple of years after the British Empire's great humanitarian display during the Bengal Famine in 1943-44. Seems you've overlooked, too, the million or so people in Kenya who were imprisoned in the notorious "Enclosed Villages" by your glorious Britain in the 1950s, and the tens of thousands of Kenyans who were hanged at will by British colonial judges, and, well, so very much more.

End of Empire in Kenya: How did Britain get away with it?

41HBBVW5F6L._SX267_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Just proves you are a hypocrite. So you consider the French a power?

The country that bans German in part of its occupied territory. (Alsace).

The country that broke all nuclear test ban treaties by blowing an atoll of the face of the earth.

All this to prove they are a world power and not a laughing stock. When did you see the British do this last?

You must love talking jack while taking it up the arse from Jacques.

So you think 60,000,000 people are ***** based on where they are born?

65m and no, don't be silly.

B it is then?

Good man.

Fuaranach, I really wouldn't bother arguing with prinzeugen. He's well practiced in deflection and arguing like a teenager.

Throw him on the Ignore list like I'm about to. At least Aegir can actually form points and debate.

65m and no, don't be silly.

B it is then?

Good man.

So the British aren’t ***** then? So you’ve refuted the main point yourself. I knew you’d get there in the end because you aren’t a bigoted twat.

I guess you’ll be removing your thanks then, Good man.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭Taytoland

sttasmp-copy-280x300.jpg

It is.

It is.

And why would that be now?

Traitor to the "crown" would imply he was ever loyal to that bloody empire....

You lot just don't understand the meaning of what you say.

Exemplifies the results of decades of British tabloids and falling education standards.

• Advertisement

I am sure you think Gibraltar should be given to Spain, but what about all the French and Spanish colonies worldwide on the back of a €20 note?

Will you be looking for them to be made independent or returned to other countries?

I doubt it.

So basically you think we should take orders from the British because the French also had colonies?

By the way Britain never gave anyone anything unless it served their selfish interests.

The British empire is reviled by all throughout the world with a decent education.
    This explains why its so popular in brainwashed Britain.

Advertisement