Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What race will "insert horse name here" run in

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

I'm a huge fan of your work Aidan but can't agree about Djakadam. His only graded chase wins are in the John Durkan on soft or heavy ground. He hasn't won a three mile chase of any description since the Thyestes over three years ago, on heavy, beating absolutely nothing.

At the very least, that suggests to me that he's less suited to 3m+ and better ground, even if he is an admirably consistent performer. I would never be one to rule any horse in or out but at the prices I'd far rather Edwulf or even (if you held a gun to my head) Outlander.

I can understand that but the Gold Cup is completely different that any race run in the year. HE has solid form in it and that just cant be ignored when the price is big enough. MTOY was the same the last 2 years ( not so much this year as he is too short). Championship course form means more than anything else here.

That said its all about value. 33/1 is too big.

Whereas with MTOY he is now too short for all the same reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭paddy no 11

As above aidan your some tipster but for me you're going down the long run route here with djakadam. Neither compare to your rock on ruby bets, who kept winning when everyone was writing him off, it's over for Djak and there are horses in the reason with course experience with better chances. Good luck regardless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

Does'nt Codd usually ride Mall Dini if Davy doesnt?

Codd has never ridden Mall Dini from what I know. Unless he was on him in his P2P's.

Katie Walsh rode him in the Kim Muir last year.

As above aidan your some tipster but for me you're going down the long run route here with djakadam. Neither compare to your rock on ruby bets, who kept winning when everyone was writing him off, it's over for Djak and there are horses in the reason with course experience with better chances. Good luck regardless

Your more than likely right, but i never mind being the only one cheering. Other than him i think Sizing John is really the fav here and could be far to strong for these.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭paddy no 11

aidankkk wrote: »
    Your more than likely right, but i never mind being the only one cheering. Other than him i think Sizing John is really the fav here and could be far to strong for these.

Think they ran sizing john too soon last time and he will come back far stronger and agree is the fav.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Yorkhill Champion Hurdle bound

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Slattsy wrote: »

Not a hope in that race anyway , I’d be amazed if he had the gears for that race

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Slattsy wrote: »

some people need to re read the op of this thread :)
    When Monalee goes JLT I will be feeling very superior :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Djackadam has zero chance, was winning all around him in Ireland before last 2 years gold cups and wasn't good enough and doesn't stay 3 miles 2,a snippet of the horse this year so for me has zero chance, which one of Mullins will ruby pick.

Can't really understand the interest myself. I mean someone said in the thread today that they're worried about time catching up with UDS next week, and that's a horse who hasn't shown any chinks in a long time.

Only chance Djak is up there is if he picks up the pieces of what proves to be a substandard Gold Cup. 33/1 worth a go I suppose if that's the thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Can't really understand the interest myself. I mean someone said in the thread today that they're worried about time catching up with UDS next week, and that's a horse who hasn't shown any chinks in a long time.

Only chance Djak is up there is if he picks up the pieces of what proves to be a substandard Gold Cup. 33/1 worth a go I suppose if that's the thinking.

That would be me that mentioned UDS. His last run wasn't all that impressive to my eye. Have a feeling he's reaching the end of his tether much as I hope I'm wrong as I really like him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

That would be me that mentioned UDS. His last run wasn't all that impressive to my eye. Have a feeling he's reaching the end of his tether much as I hope I'm wrong as I really like him.

I hope you are as well. ;)

it's the Ryanair so no one can say anything with any confidence, but I'll be happy enough to back him on the day. I used to be one of his biggest detractors but he has matured so much in the last year and a half or so. Would love to see him have another go at the CC as this would be his last chance, that's how much I rate him right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Justin10

Any mention recently as to where Next destination will run?

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭dk6dk6

Rochey18 wrote: »

Ballymore most likely I believe. But think we'll have to wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Rochey18 wrote: »

I can see him going Albert Bartlett tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

I hope you are as well. ;)

it's the Ryanair so no one can say anything with any confidence, but I'll be happy enough to back him on the day. I used to be one of his biggest detractors but he has matured so much in the last year and a half or so. Would love to see him have another go at the CC as this would be his last chance, that's how much I rate him right now.

What price that O Leary wins it ??? :)

Or indeed which of Henry's win it in the Gigginstown colours??
    Does'nt Codd usually ride Mall Dini if Davy doesnt?

Mark Walsh

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

What race will the Storyteller go in, brown plate or Ultima? Preferably the latter...
    Elliott said the plate most likely at a Preview last night according to twitter....

No mention in the below would have me slightly concerned about the Storytelleer

http://cheltenham.attheraces.com/stable-tours/gordon-elliott

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Motivator

I would agree he may not still be 7/8 but my main reason for such confidence is there is nothing to beat him in that race. Ironically the only horses that could beat him (WP apart) are Yorkhill/Min but neither will run

If Top Notch and Cue Card are 2nd and 3rd in the betting at the post, UDS wins 100%
    And at 2/1 and even 9/4 its the biggest giveaway since Vautours evens in the same race 2 years ago

There’s plenty there to beat him and I think the Ryanair will finally be won by a Gigginstown horse. I don’t know which one yet but I would say Balko Des Flos is best placed although I wouldn’t rule out Sub Lieutenant. Hugely underrated horse but I’m worried by the fact he hasn’t been seen since before Christmas. I’d have liked de Bromhead to get one run into him this side of Christmas - he may not even run - but if he does turn up he’s no 20/1 shot. A very solid racehorse who got a lot closer to Un De Sceaux last year than people realise and that people give him credit for. We’d probably have seen him in the Kinloch Brae this year again but for the ground in Thurles that day so he isn’t one to forget about. The way he galloped all the way to the line last year was very impressive I thought.

Balko Des Flos is a good animal too, de Bromhead wanted to go to the Gold Cup but was swiftly told this is the race for him. I’ll happily take on Un De Sceaux with one of these.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

No mention in the below would have me slightly concerned about the Storytelleer

http://cheltenham.attheraces.com/stable-tours/gordon-elliott

Both The Storyteller and Flemmings horse have been hammered in the Brown Advisory Plate.
    Motivator wrote: »
    There’s plenty there to beat him and I think the Ryanair will finally be won by a Gigginstown horse. I don’t know which one yet but I would say Balko Des Flos is best placed although I wouldn’t rule out Sub Lieutenant.

Very same thinking. Dont know if Valseur Lido is going too, he is another forgotten one. All I have been hearing is BDF, but Sub Lieutenant is massive @ 20s.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Justin10

Agree with the above I'm on BDF at 10s, Sub lieutenant value also but this is a race I thought Benie Des Dieux would have been aimed for with its great jumping displayed so far. Strange its going back over hurdles to take on Apples Jade.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Sheep1978

Where's best to find the 6 day decs for day one this morning.?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Vroum Vroum Mag out of the Mares. Can't say it's a surprise. Apple's Jade is now my personal banker of the festival.

Clerk of course saying right now with weather forecasts, projected going on tuesday is soft, heavy in places....

Samcro might up in the supreme yet, and WP might show up in ryanair yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Clerk of course saying right now with weather forecasts, projected going on tuesday is soft, heavy in places....

Samcro might up in the supreme yet, and WP might show up in ryanair yet!

no and definately no, jefferson is afraid of her sh1te to send him, which is a joke, as he would have a massive shout

VVM - LEGEND

Thanks for all the happy memories, Vroum Vroum Mag. The 9-year-old mare, trained by Willie Mullins, has been retired. 7/11 over hurdles 6/6 over fences £426,000 won in prize money Form: 213122/11111/1111/121127-

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭piplip87

Elgin has being supplemented for CH
    Vroum Vroum has being retired
    Hunters call out of county hurdle
    O'Connor will ride Edwulf.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Whiplash85

Why do they wait until this late to retire VVM. Is it an effort to bleed antepost punters or what?

Whiplash85 wrote: »
    Why do they wait until this late to retire VVM. Is it an effort to bleed antepost punters or what?

To give her every chance of getting there id imagine,. The few people that had a few quid on without nrnb wont come into it. .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Sizing John out of Gold cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Jers girl out of Coral Cup. Bollox

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Mr321

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Jers girl out of Coral Cup. Bollox

Wasn't the Mares the plan for her all along sure?

Advertisement