Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What race will "insert horse name here" run in

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

As I thought, according to WPM as of this mornings presser Yorkhill going Champion Hurdle.
    What will Ruby ride ? Is this a reflection of Faugheens work at home? Or Melons?
    Could Yorkhill rediscover his form? BD looking like the acca buster to me this year. Cant have him at 4/7

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Mr321

As I thought, according to WPM as of this mornings presser Yorkhill going Champion Hurdle.
    What will Ruby ride ? Is this a reflection of Faugheens work at home? Or Melons?
    Could Yorkhill rediscover his form? BD looking like the acca buster to me this year. Cant have him at 4/7

Hopefully Faugheen, looks lovely and lively on the gallops this morning.
    Its going to take Ruby and the roar of the Cheltenham crowd to get him alive, he just looked lazy the last day but the positive was he finished 2nd.

I can't see all 3 running in it tbh

https://twitter.com/fillyonform/status/968088248605184000

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

De Bromhead Confirms Rsa As Main Aim For Monalee

I think we can take that as a given so....

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Whiplash85

STB. wrote: »

He will be going for the JLT when the ground is confirmed as soft.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

STB. wrote: »

Quite the opposite really, a more correct headline would have been ''Monalee target dependent on ground'' De Bromhead has completely left the door open for a re-think.

• Advertisement

Just backed yorkhill nrnb @ 8/1 in CH. I am utterly convinced BD is not the superstar they say and one of Mullins lot will beat it. Melon Faugheen Yorkhill. One of them will beat BD..........I HOPE ☺

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Just backed yorkhill nrnb @ 8/1 in CH. I am utterly convinced BD is not the superstar they say and one of Mullins lot will beat it. Melon Faugheen Yorkhill. One of them will beat BD..........I HOPE ☺[/QUO

the machine is the only one with any chance!!

akelly02 wrote: »
    Just backed yorkhill nrnb @ 8/1 in CH. I am utterly convinced BD is not the superstar they say and one of Mullins lot will beat it. Melon Faugheen Yorkhill. One of them will beat BD..........I HOPE ☺[/QUO

the machine is the only one with any chance!!
    Will be very interesting to see who Ruby rides if both run as I would be very confident if he rides Yorkhill

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

akelly02 wrote: »
    Will be very interesting to see who Ruby rides if both run as I would be very confident if he rides Yorkhill

Id be thinking 95% of Faugheen is miles better then Yorkhill, but that said id love to see him win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

I would say it is almost 95% that Ruby will ride Faugheen too. He's not an idiot Yorkhill might be very talented but he hasnt shown anything like his true form this year. There are surely better 8/1 shots in Cheltenham than him?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

ruby rides faugheen unless faugheen doesnt run

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭WickIow Brave

Just backed yorkhill nrnb @ 8/1 in CH. I am utterly convinced BD is not the superstar they say and one of Mullins lot will beat it. Melon Faugheen Yorkhill. One of them will beat BD..........I HOPE ☺

I agree. Mullins will win with one of his. Faugheen, most likely.

I agree. Mullins will win with one of his. Faugheen, most likely.

Been against Faugheen all the season but after a proper look at the race over the past few days I think he's a great bet now.

I say i will be very confident with ruby on yorkhill because ruby seems to handle him. Townend seemed to struggle. If Townend or one of the Mullins boys ride him I don't think it has a prayer. But i agree ruby should and will ride Faugheen and I will roar him on with gusto. Hon Da Machine! ðŸ˜

Also for wat its worth i backed Bacardys at 12s nrnb. I seem to be subconsciously backing WPM horses!! Its not a ploy......i dunno wat it is. Is it an Irish thing. Is it a vautour thing 😢😢😢

Also for wat its worth i backed Bacardys at 12s nrnb. I seem to be subconsciously backing WPM horses!! Its not a ploy......i dunno wat it is. Is it an Irish thing. Is it a vautour thing 😢😢😢

Same. Haha. I nearly fancy a WPM horse in nearly every race. Footpad, Melon/Faugheen, probably back VVM, Duc des Genievres, Al Boum Photo, Min, Invitation Only, Penhill, Laurina... Even coming around to the idea of Un de Sceaux and Djakadam... and Getabird. Mullins could turn Cheltenham into Punchestown. My wallet will be hoping so anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭dk6dk6

Same. Haha. I nearly fancy a WPM horse in nearly every race. Footpad, Melon/Faugheen, probably back VVM, Duc des Genievres, Al Boum Photo, Min, Invitation Only, Penhill, Laurina... Even coming around to the idea of Un de Sceaux and Djakadam... and Getabird. Mullins could turn Cheltenham into Punchestown. My wallet will be hoping so anyway.

I'm the opposite I think Willie's going to have his worst festival in awhile.

dk6dk6 wrote: »
    I'm the opposite I think Willie's going to have his worst festival in awhile.

That's seems to be the general consensus but he has serious stength in depth and really solid chances in every race. He doesn't have the odds on pokes on of previous festivals but I think he has horses overpriced. His firepower is being underrated imo. Based on the odds his expected winners total is still around 4.7.

u were going well till u said djakadam there wb!!

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Mr321

What about Wicklow Brave !? :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

ziggy wrote: »
    Subconsciously? Mullins horses are all you ever go on about!
    Not necessarily true! Love Cue Card, Might Bite, Apples Jade, Percy.
    I blotted my copybook in here over Vautour 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭dk6dk6

Not necessarily true! Love Cue Card, Might Bite, Apples Jade, Percy.
    I blotted my copybook in here over Vautour 😀

Who's Vautour? Never heard of the horse

u were going well till u said djakadam there wb!!

Djakadam went off 3s fav last year. Now 33s. I wouldn't say he's gone at the game at all. Way overs.

Mr321 wrote: »
    What about Wicklow Brave !? :D

No I think he's gone way too short now. I could see him running a big race though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Djakadam went off 3s fav last year. Now 33s. I wouldn't say he's gone at the game at all. Way overs.

Crazy stuff that gamble. Sometimes i think if you put a shetland pony in some of these races with W Mullins and R walsh beside it you'd have people queueing up to back it.

That 33/1 is one of the bets of the week.

aidankkk wrote: »
    That 33/1 is one of the bets of the week.

It really is. Should he be so much bigger than Native River or Sizing John? He gave the second last some belt in the race last year aswell. His 2nd behind Don Cossack is near enough the best form on offer. 33s would suggest he's completely gone at the game which isn't remotely the case. He's wearing first time cheek pieces also apparently.

• Advertisement

It really is. Should he be so much bigger than Native River or Sizing John? He gave the second last some belt in the race last year aswell. His 2nd behind Don Cossack is near enough the best form on offer. 33s would suggest he's completely gone at the game which isn't remotely the case. He's wearing first time cheek pieces also apparently.

Stone cold lock to be traveling like the winner 2 out, its just a case of how good is Sizing John ( as i think he should be fav) , and if he can finish well up the hill like the did the first time he ran in the race. He is the base of a my only real antepost bet a Lucky 15 that is larger than my usual bet.

Advertisement