Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What race will "insert horse name here" run in

Options
  • 13-02-2018 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭

Be interested to get opinions now 4 weeks out to see who is closest to bang on
    So, what race will

1. Yorkhill go in
    2. Min go in
    3. Apples Shakira go in
    4. Espoir D'alene go in
    5. Dajakadam go in
    6. Monalee go in

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭WickIow Brave

So, what race will

1. Yorkhill go in
    2. Min go in
    3. Apples Shakira go in
    4. Espoir D'alene go in
    5. Dajakadam go in
    6. Monalee go in

Ryanair, QM, Triumph, Triumph, Gold Cup and RSA although JLT wouldn't surprise me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

i am going
    1. Champion Hurdle
    2. QMCC (With or without Douvan)
    3. Triumph
    4. Triumph (I hope)
    5. Ryanair
    6. JLT

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

So, what race will

1. Yorkhill go in
    2. Min go in
    3. Apples Shakira go in
    4. Espoir D'alene go in
    5. Dajakadam go in
    6. Monalee go in

1. Who cares, might not even turn up. Gun to head - Ryanair
    2. Champion Chase
    3. Triumph
    4. Will still line up in the Triumph IMO
    5. Gold cup
    6. RSA

• Registered Users Posts: 24 SlipTheField

1. Yorkhill go in -  Ryanair
    2. Min go in - Champion Chase
    3. Apples Shakira go in - Triumph
    4. Espoir D'alene go in - Triumph
    5. Dajakadam go in - Gold Cup
    6. Monalee go in - RSA

Didn't WPM explicitly state (for all that's worth) that if Yorkhill fluffed his lines at Ltown that it was back to Hurdling for him? With that in mind, surely the CH is the only race for him. Also we all know what a headbanger of a horse he is and how sh*te he has been so far, but we all also know what a talented horse he is and with his usual pilot back on board by then, I wouldn't be atall surprised if he ran in CH and won the bloody thing!

There is talk Espoir might be taken out of the TH. I really hope not. He ran a shocker last time out yes, but he pulled like a barge all the way thru the first 4 furlongs. Get it to settle and at double figures he would be the ew bet of the week for me.
    Maybe just maybe Nicky might yet send Shakira to the Mares for the almost guaranteed win?

Re Monalee, I know they are all talking RSA, trainer incl but with Davy's obvious preference for Percy (rightfully so) and the owners seemingly wanting him on board, why not run in the JLT where u would expect it to hack up. Could happen yet?

Djakadam - why run it in the GC again, to lose AGAIN. Ruby will get on KV, no one DJak can win the GC, the Ryanair is a far more likely chance, and with no obvious RR runner unless Douvan is back and Min re routes then maybe they will let it have a go over the shorter trip?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 SlipTheField

CC - Min and maybe Great Field (don't believe we will see Douvan till Punchestown (at the earliest)
    Ryanair - UDS & Yorkhill
    Gold Cup - KV and Djak (don't think Djak is good enough to win either race anyway).
    Yorkhill is a 2 time festival winner at around the middle distance. Its his trip. Hes not quick enough for a champion hurdle.
    Monalee - HdB has said RSA, confirmed it again yesterday. NF will be onboard - that's why they got him to ride last time out and Davy was riding Tombstone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

HDB said yesterday theyre leaning RSA with Monalee.

Means nothing!

WPM and RR swore vautour was going in the GC

The GC or nothing they said.....

2 weeks before the festival!!

I am still bitter!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭WickIow Brave

Douvan is entered at Gowran this weekend! I reckon he might well run in the Champion Chase alright.

Abbyssial also entered. Liked that horse, good to see him back.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Djakadam - why run it in the GC again, to lose AGAIN. Ruby will get on KV, no one DJak can win the GC, the Ryanair is a far more likely chance, and with no obvious RR runner unless Douvan is back and Min re routes then maybe they will let it have a go over the shorter trip?

He has to run in gold cup . He has run well in it 3 times and will do so again. Pure madness to run him anywhere else. He's far too slow for ryanair. And the gold cup is a mess of unproven horses, having a bad year or might run to bar half way up the run in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 Roundtd181

1. Yorkhill - Probably skip festival and get him geed up for punchestown. 
    2. Min go in - Champion Chase - aim all along, don't think they will dodge Altior.
    3. Apples Shakira - Wins Triumph 
    4. Espoir D'alene - Triumph 
    5. Djakadam - don't matter where he goes- not good enough. 
    6. Monalee go in - goes RSA - Some of the posters mentioned the WPM/Ricci scenario where Vautour changed to Ryanair. HDB a classier man, has his aim will stick to it. 

HDB will do what his owners tell him to do
    It's Monalee's owners I would think will make the JLT call if its made

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Charlie George

Where will bachasson run, Ryanair or gc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Roundtd181 wrote: »
    1. Yorkhill - Probably skip festival and get him geed up for punchestown. 
    2. Min go in - Champion Chase - aim all along, don't think they will dodge Altior.
    3. Apples Shakira - Wins Triumph 
    4. Espoir D'alene - Triumph 
    5. Djakadam - don't matter where he goes- not good enough. 
    6. Monalee go in - goes RSA - Some of the posters mentioned the WPM/Ricci scenario where Vautour changed to Ryanair. HDB a classier man, has his aim will stick to it. 

Have a great think about no1 there and why it won’t happen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

I admit it Ziggy
    Disaster!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

akelly02 wrote: »
    Have a great think about no1 there and why it won’t happen

I heard they're going to run the races the other way round to keep Willie sweet.

ziggy wrote: »
    Why Chaps I....I never knew ye felt this way :(
    I feel so, so......silly now, so degraded and exposed
    What a fool I have been. How did I not see this!

I shall take my leave. Parting is such bitter sorrow but an apple needs to know when the oranges want it to f*ck off

It's been fun, it's been educational. WB thank you for you're patience and you're understanding. You are indeed a prince amongst men.

I leave ye now with these last few words of wisdom

I quote the sage Simon Holt as in the last furlong of the Ryanair Chase 2016

"Vautour goes away from them like a great horse, a gazelle in equine form, Vautour wins the Ryanair"

Cast a cold eye, on life on death, Horseman, pass by

So long.

RR

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Lloyderz

So, what race will

1. Yorkhill go in Ryanair
    2. Min go in QM
    3. Apples Shakira go in Triumph
    4. Espoir D'alene go in Fred Winter
    5. Dajakadam go in Gold Cup
    6. Monalee go in
    RSA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

• Advertisement

ziggy wrote: »

:D
    Well I wasn't serious !!!

I did appreciate the broken record tho. I take the point.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Re Monalee, I know they are all talking RSA, trainer incl but with Davy's obvious preference for Percy (rightfully so) and the owners seemingly wanting him on board, why not run in the JLT where u would expect it to hack up. Could happen yet?

Rightfully so ! Where are you getting this stuff from ???

Davy's preference is based on historical riding the horse 10 times in its career. Nothing else!

Barry Maloney the owner of Monalee doesnt give a shít whether Russell is available or not. David Mullins was riding him last year and Noel Fehily will ride him in the RSA.
    HDB will do what his owners tell him to do
    It's Monalee's owners I would think will make the JLT call if its made

This is ALL in your head. Do you really think a horse would be re-routed because YOUR preferred jockey is riding something else!

Unbelievable. Watch the markets.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭dk6dk6

STB. wrote: »
    Rightfully so ! Where are you getting this stuff from ???

Davy's preference is based on historical riding the horse 10 times in its career. Nothing else!

Barry Maloney the owner of Monalee doesnt give a shít whether Russell is available or not. David Mullins was riding him last year and Noel Fehily will ride him in the RSA.

This is ALL in your head. Do you really think a horse would be re-routed because YOUR preferred jockey is riding something else!

Unbelievable. Watch the markets.

I honestly think Vautour was rerouted to the Ryanair because Ruby was riding Djakadam in the GC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭hawaii501

dk6dk6 wrote: »
    I honestly think Vautour was rerouted to the Ryanair because Ruby was riding Djakadam in the GC.

Think this was definitely the case. Sure didn't they say it was Gold Cup or nothing and he wouldn't be running of wasn't 100%.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭hawaii501

Think this was definitely the case. Sure didn't they say it was Gold Cup or nothing and he wouldn't be running of wasn't 100%.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Whatever conspiracy theories you have about Willie Mullins keeping Ruby Sweet, the two horses the other person was talking about are owned and trained by different people.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭dk6dk6

STB. wrote: »
    Whatever conspiracy theories you have about Willie Mullins keeping Ruby Sweet, the two horses the other person was talking about are owned and trained by different people.

Point still stands, I'm certain if Ruby had of committed to riding Vautour in that GC he wouldn't have went near the Ryanair.

At least we all got to see one of Cheltenhams great performances out of it before Vautours untimely passing, no point dwelling on whether he would of won that GC even if the behaviour of Mullins/Ricci/Ruby did leave a sour taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭stretchaq

Will the young master run in the ultima off 135??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

stretchaq wrote: »
    Will the young master run in the ultima off 135??

Top weight 155? I think so doubt it somehow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭stretchaq

BumperD wrote: »
    Top weight 155? I think so doubt it somehow

I see 134 got in last year may keep fingers crossed

Advertisement