Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D Act Three Scene V - Time to move on

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Fourier wrote: »
    Goodie retires to the Shire where he lives out his days as our benevolent autocrat as we all know and.....what are you looking at me like that for children?

The children look a bit confused.

One little girl speaks up.

"But mister storyteller?"

"Yes Yesalyn?"

"You can't remember all this, you would have been a baby then"

"Luckily Master Goodie recorded it for the good of the Shire. I read it."

"How do Othegre's powers work storyteller?" asks a young boy with red hair.

"That's not quite clear from the tale my boy"

"What happened to Moy?" says another.

"Last we have sees him trying to roll dextrously in the Temple of Nír for some acolytes, we asked the Temple for more but we're still waiting"

They continue:

"If that dungeon that Ekbard got the dragvil in starts off pointing South then...."

"Just draw it out."

"Sometimes the story seems to be missing bits"

"There was another text, the scroll of Rolz, containing more. It is lost now."

"Did BandyLegs really talk too much or is that an unfair characterisation"

"Depends on your reading of the text."

"How can money make you stronger, just cause you get 200GP doesn't mean..."

"Eeeehhhhhh....."

"I wanted more Elin, Flak, Kal and Saeros storyteller"

"Just be glad for what we have little one."

Another little girl eagerily raises her hand.

"Nobody would have been there for all of this. Master Goodie couldn't know this. He didn't get scrying until quite far into the tale"

The storyteller stands.

"Alright, alright. Master Goodie is a busy man, he got some guy called Fur...For...some Mage eigit with too much time on his hands to scry the past and record all the details. Yes at times things are vague, unfair seeming, but didn't you all have a good time."

"Sort of!" they shout.

"Sort of....ungrateful little whelps....go home!!"

The children run off.

"Sorry Master Fourier, it seems you may have to work at the tale some more. The children weren't impressed. Though Master Goodie says it is accurate" the storyteller turns to the Mage who had occluded himself until now.

"I can't, you only get one go at these Scrying tales."

"Well did you have a good time writing it?"

"Me? Oh, the best!"

The End

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Fourier wrote: »
    The children look a bit confused.

One little girl speaks up.

"But mister storyteller?"

"Yes Yesalyn?"

"You can't remember all this, you would have been a baby then"

"Luckily Master Goodie recorded it for the good of the Shire. I read it."

"How do Othegre's powers work storyteller?" asks a young boy with red hair.

"That's not quite clear from the tale my boy"

"What happened to Moy?" says another.

"Last we have sees him trying to roll dextrously in the Temple of Nír for some acolytes, we asked the Temple for more but we're still waiting"

They continue:

"If that dungeon that Ekbard got the dragvil in starts off pointing South then...."

"Just draw it out."

"Sometimes the story seems to be missing bits"

"There was another text, the scroll of Rolz, containing more. It is lost now."

"Did BandyLegs really talk too much or is that an unfair characterisation"

"Depends on your reading of the text."

"How can money make you stronger, just cause you get 200GP doesn't mean..."

"Eeeehhhhhh....."

"I wanted more Elin, Flak, Kal and Saeros storyteller"

"Just be glad for what we have little one."

Another little girl eagerily raises her hand.

"Nobody would have been there for all of this. Master Goodie couldn't know this. He didn't get scrying until quite far into the tale"

The storyteller stands.

"Alright, alright. Master Goodie is a busy man, he got some guy called Fur...For...some Mage eigit with too much time on his hands to scry the past and record all the details. Yes at times things are vague, unfair seeming, but didn't you all have a good time."

"Sort of!" they shout.

"Sort of....ungrateful little whelps....go home!!"

The children run off.

"Sorry Master Fourier, it seems you may have to work at the tale some more. The children weren't impressed. Though Master Goodie says it is accurate" the storyteller turns to the Mage who had occluded himself until now.

"I can't, you only get one go at these Scrying tales."

"Well did you have a good time writing it?"

"Me? Oh, the best!"

The End

brilliant
    boards.ie is 20 years old this year and i think thats the first campaign thats been run on here
    great ending really fully and clever, thanks.
    i'm pretty much always in for whatever you do next

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

OOC:

Thank you for the greatest 4 months ever. Now... the question is... how the hell do you top that? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

oh and thanks to all who played sepecially PJ who gave life to Goodie.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Necrominus wrote: »
    OOC:

Thank you for the greatest 4 months ever. Now... the question is... how the hell do you top that? :D
    OOC: Plans to follow on RPG thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I have thoroughly enjoyed this, start to finish. If you measure a forum based rpgs success purely on the number of times my wife said "are you on your phone again?" then this can only be called an indisputable masterpiece.

Thank you, Fourier.
    For the game. For letting me back in. For putting up with my daily demands for ludicrous levels of detail. For finding interesting things for me to do and then hiding them under my nose. For the constant twists and turns and feats of dumbfounding imagination and knucklegrinding graft. For giving me one more night with Othegre when I thought she was lost to me.

And thanks too to my fellow adventurers. It has been a ****ing blast. I hope to see you all round a table again some time. "And my axe" and all that.

Advertisement