Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D Act Three Scene V - Time to move on

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Fourier wrote: »
    "What?" wonders the creature. "Some city perhaps"

The halfling vanishes.

Just then another gateway opens, black shadow streaming in front of it, purple coils of energy poring out.

"Chaotic? Has the Master sent you? From Eberron? Why do you take their form?"

(Chaotic)
    What are you doing here? The Queen summoned you to Illmarrow. And who's been messing with the machine. Hellfire! Quickly, you must treat with Her Majesty. Leave these for to me. I'm more appropriately uh. 'dressed'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

The statue walls start coming down giving Goodie a clear shot.

i fire the tractorbeam at ekky

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Ekbard is pulled out of the statue, breaking out of the mind control.
    What are you doing here? The Queen summoned you to Illmarrow. And who's been messing with the machine. Hellfire! Quickly, you must treat with Her Majesty. Leave these for to me. I'm more appropriately uh. 'dressed'
    She seems powerful and mad.

"Yes of course............the Master comes"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Ekbard attemps to ride the mind control.

as we fly fast i aim at the rod with a long range arrow as its long range
    i aim for any other setting on the rod

• Advertisement

sKeith wrote: »

what mind control

Ekbard some how grabs hold of the web of magic from which the spell is constructed, zip lines it into the statue and kicks the aboleth in the face.

"But that's literally impossible" it says stunned, before vanishing from this plane.

The image of the mage returns in front of Othegre.

"....so I spoke to this abomination....he wants me to assess our plane for him....see if it is worthy....be like a judge of this place.....

It's real name can't actually be articulated, but I call him Soet, after the squid stew mother used to make. He kinda looks like a squid.

Anyway those are my notes for any future history. That eight setting is only for me to speak to him, bends time enough for him to approach this plane."

The projection vanishes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Hi Ekkie. I suppose you're wondering where I've been. Well, good news - I have all the answers in this song.....

BandyLegs appears in front of Othegre and Ekbard. A perfect nude dwarven body, groin obscured by a tastefully groomed full fiery red beard, shining golden and with a mighty axe stands in front of them. The sheer majesty of it nearly brings them to tears.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

'Ah for fu... Dumathoin ye prick! Ye could at least have given me a towel!

Honestly it's a mess up there, Nír sh1tes all over the place and it causes avalanches, Vergadain's bad breath givin the wastelands the plague... I dunno what ter do with 'em!'

He leans on his axe, smiling.

'So, what's the crisis? Did ye miss me?'

BandyLegs appears in front of Othegre and Ekbard. A perfect nude dwarven body, groin obscured by a tastefully groomed full fiery red beard, shining golden and with a mighty axe stands in front of them. The sheer majesty of it nearly brings them to tears.

"ship" try to tractor the fighter again as we go past

Necrominus wrote: »
    'Ah for fu... Dumathoin ye prick! Ye could at least have given me a towel!

Honestly it's a mess up there, Nír sh1tes all over the place and it causes avalanches, Vergadain's bad breath givin the wastelands the plague... I dunno what ter do with 'em!'

He leans on his axe, smiling.

'So, what's the crisis? Did ye miss me?'

"What crisis? Who you talking to?"

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

"What crisis? Who you talking to?"

'I don't fleckin' know Ekbard! Those two great lummoxes Vergie and Dumbo were all panicky about some crisis here. Very short on the details..

I be the newest lad so I get the short straw o'seein' what's wrong.

So, what did ye do this time? Blow up Zassan... again? How's Ash keepin'?'

Ekbard turns and walks up the stairs, looking at the steam flowing upwards as he climbs. He then leaves through the beer hall that has no beer, out the doorway that has no door, down the stairs with the missing stair, out on the platform, he waves at goodie to come down and pick him up.

Bandylegs watches Ekbard leave.

'What crawled up his arse and died?'

He looks up at the sky.

'What the hell are ye ravin' on about Vergie, it's perfectly fine down here!'

He regards Othegre.

'How's Eberron treatin' ye? I know things now.'

He winks at her.

'Like what ye see? Ye should try dyin' fer reals. I've got the most amazin' room in the clouds - ye should come visit sometime. All the cool kids are up there. Except Dumathoin. He's an angry man... probably cos he only be a God fer Mining. Mining? What do we even need a God fer Mining fer?

What ye been up to anyways?'

The sea heaves up with tremendous force sending Goodie's ship into the ocean. Goodie clambers safely onto the statue platform.

A massive portal opens up.

OOC: what does a portal look like, is it white black or can we see the destination thru it?

OOC: what does a portal look like, is it white black or can we see the destination thru it?
    Ekbard looks into the portal, but it is difficult to comprehend, strange abstract shapes vibrate amidst a oddly hued void. Something approaches.

Ekbard throws one end of a rope into the portal and holds onto the other.

• Advertisement

Xgv9xa.jpg

The mighty Soet rises from the gate blasting back the rope.

"This plane is mine by rights. All of you have been the only things in my way, but your gods cannot hold me back now."

goodie drinks his potion of life and hispotion of superheropowers and burps

with hgis new stats he starts to think very hard about the problem
    will destrowing something turn off the portal
    or mybe the rod
    he is now very clever

Ekbard looks at soet in disgust. "You're an idiot! I don't have any gods!"

Tigger wrote: »
    with hgis new stats he starts to think very hard about the problem
    will destrowing something turn off the portal
    or mybe the rod
    he is now very clever
    Goodie's heightened intelligence gives him access to planar theory. A surge of chaotic energy through the statue might, might do the trick, but where to find such a source?

othergirl if you surge some chaotic enengy thoroughthe statue you can save us

then goodie ports to the top of the statue

Soet begins to charge a colossal ball of energy.

"This should be enough to wipe this hemisphere of life"

A current of magic rides out of his plane and this one into a ball between his enormous hands.

Tigger wrote: »
    then goodie ports to the top of the statue
    I recognise your mind, you spoke with the devil lord I had control of" Soet says into Goodie's head. His Master nature prevents him from having a seizure.

• Advertisement

Ekbard gives soet the blank stone. "Here, make a wish into this stone, it might come true."

Advertisement