Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D Act Three Scene V - Time to move on

Options
  • 08-02-2018 9:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭

Goodie's ship hovers overhead, powerful tractor beams siphon gold from the pyramid. They arrive in a hatch and Goodie carefully loads them into a locker.

At the same time Ekbard and Menace fly in, dive and Menace scoops up plenty of coin in sacks given to them by Zha'satep. This are left next to a camp.

Zha'satep himself has breakfast with Ash, the two dwarves, Kim, Ipiz and Kuma. He looks far less mummified now, his skin losing the cracked appearance.

"A long time since I shared a meal with others" he muses as he chews down on some fried lizard.

Ipiz stands looking at the horizon, the blue dragons are flying toward them, with a younger dragon, only a bit bigger than a man, flying between them.

"So, what will all of you do now?" Zha'satep asks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Ekbard, happy with the amount of gold packed goes in search of Ipiz. When he finds him he says,
    "So, the sand storm has been stopped, you gonna get the caravans flowing again I presume. We should get back to Zassan and see how your men are doing getting the truth out of stumpy. I'll then head west and see if I can help the problem with the food supplies coming from the Neros islands. Let me know when you are ready to leave."

Ekbard goes off in search of Kidunli.
    "What's up Mud? How come you didn't come join us in the pyramid? If its money, go grab as much gold up there as you can carry. Your man, the dwarf guy that your lassie was infatuated with, is out of the scene now, maybe you can try again, maybe there'll be sparks this time. I'm going to go to Neros, I hope you'll join me."

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Fourier wrote: »

"So, what will all of you do now?" Zha'satep asks.

Kyokuma crunches a tail, spitting out the bones.
    "Not a clue. I have no master, I have no duty, and frankly my own concerns seem a little petty in light of the events of the last few weeks. Why hunt the killers of my former employers when dark gods and crazy mummies - with no wish to offend! - are causing havoc out there. You're looking much better by the way. Is that a problem? Again, I wish not to offend but I've never heard of a mummy or a lich with good skin."

Ekbard looks at the axe. "where does you mouth go? you dont weigh a thing here, right, so where does you mouth go, and how much can i fit in there?" Ekbard begins pushing gold into the axes mouth, eventually there is no gold left. Ekbard picks up the axe, noticing that it is still near blooming weightless, "now, don't open your mouth until we get back to Ekbard towers, okay". Axe, with a stuffed face nods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

i fly to the shire and leave the gold with them to invest in educationnand healthcare and set up a social system the details of i wont bore you with here but its nbasically a benelant despotic beaurotrocy where i am the absolute power and then i fly to ekkys towers to meet up.

• Advertisement

Ekbard is at a counter banging the axe's head off a desk, "come on, spit it up, I know you have more in there".
    Just then Goodie enters, ekbard looks up and says, "oh, Hi Goodie, i found this statue once, on an island off the shire coast, and inside it there was a time machine with multiple settings, well one of those settings intrigued me alot, but I never pressed it, the setting said "DO NOT ATTEMPT TO USE THIS SETTING", but I'm feeling up to pressing it now, are doing anything else? wanna join me?"

sKeith wrote: »
    Ekbard is at a counter banging the axe's head off a desk, "come on, spit it up, I know you have more in there".
    Just then Goodie enters, ekbard looks up and says, "oh, Hi Goodie, i found this statue once, on an island off the shire coast, and inside it there was a time machine with multiple settings, well one of those settings intrigued me alot, but I never pressed it, the setting said "DO NOT ATTEMPT TO USE THIS SETTING", but I'm feeling up to pressing it now, are doing anything else? wanna join me?"

Hell yeah.

"Helm or ship?"

"Helm or ship?"

Ship we might need the helm afterwards and it’s a limited resource

Ekbard follows goodie to the ship. "okay, i could see the shire from this island, so should we start at the shire coast near chesterfield and scan the coast until we find an island with a big ass statue on it."

• Advertisement

Ekbard follows goodie to the ship. "okay, i could see the shire from this island, so should we start at the shire coast near chesterfield and scan the coast until we find an island with a big ass statue on it."

Ok we’ll gonto chesterfield

Can you tell the ship to go high up and search for islands with huge statues on them, there can't be that many.

When the ship eventually finds the platform with the statue, Ekbard leads the way to the big toe, "mind your step, i ripped up the stairs to use as a paddle." They ascend to the foyier, enter the beer hall though the doorless entryway. and proceed down the stairs to the axe room.

"Okay, see that rod over there, do you thinnk you are able to hit the eight point with an arrow?"

Yeah
    I use an arrow of +1 accuracy

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

The arrow lands on the 8th setting.

The whole statue shudders.

An image of a handsome young mage appears.

"Hi, I am Styosiplicaliculapus. Hehe..." he pauses "...a bit of a mouthful I know"

"You have activated our eight test setting, obviously the statue is not yet complete as all operators are not mad enough to activate it in the case of the real tower being constructed...."

"I have recently been made chief geomancer of Kyrtin...wonderful isn't it?! Now Ursula to the south has a lead on us and the enemy to the east has some powerful people...."

"....so we've gone a bit further and used as a basis the pit of eternity in Dwacatra....."

The statue shakes once more.....

"...the Dwarves molded material at a deep enough level to literal breach into the Outer planes....primal chaos.......imagine that under our control....and now I have the chance to be more than just a mage..."

He removes a glove, revealing a slightly rotted hand.

"There are consequences....but I have been in contact with a being from these planes....

....the Gods warned me in a vision....ha, they are outdated...the called the thing an abomination....sounded like they were afraid..."

Realm of the Gods:

BandyLegs is enjoying his 186,745th mighty ale since his ascension at Vergadain's beer hall. Vergadain himself is swallowing some fried dragon.

"You had me going lad, thought ye might die several times, but ye always pulled through, hahahahahahaha" he slaps BandyLegs on the back.

"Raising them humans, haven't done that in centuries, good work out"

He goes for a bite of T-Rex when the entire halls shake.

"What the fuk.....Dumathoin?"

The Dwarven mining god rises.

"Vergadain, is that Outer energy?"

The halls shake again.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Bandylegs stays seated and continues onto his 186,746th ale since his ascension.

'Hey, Vergie, ye having the rest o'that dragon?'

He sneaks a slice of T-Rex onto the plate as well. His cares are no longer for the mortal realm.

That's Ash's problem now.

But he sometimes wonders what Goodie, Ekbard, and all the others are doing. He bothers not with checking in on them too much anymore.

Too much free ale.

'Did Nír fart again lads? Honestly everytime he lets rip ye run around like it be the apocalypse!'

Dumathoin frowns.

"Tis a serious matter, you lower kinds who can still manifest better get down there. That includes you BandyLegs, get to the gateway, they'll fashion ye a material body."

Kyokuma thanks the mummy for a delightful meal, says her goodbyes and leaves. At the hole in the temple she pauses to survey her surroundings, looking for guidance on which way to head next. The sun beats down as expected, on the vast expanse of sand she anticipated. The Orc warband though, that was not in her prediction. 20 or so at a guess. Hard to tell at this distance. And something else a whole lot bigger, holding a banner - two crossed severed legs with the feet twisted backwards over a bloodied skull. The Ruptured Ankles! A gruff voice calls out
    "I hear you were looking for me. That makes me want to go looking for you. The Hachikyusan clan destroyed our lands. You murdered my tributes. You will pay - in blood!"
    "Oh thank god, I thought you were going to say gold. Blood I have. But you're all the way down there," she says, pointing with the sun ring of her bow, "and I'm all the way up here." She nocks an arrow. "I hope you brought a bucket!"

They charge.

Edit : Has everyone moved on? Heh heh. OK, just so I can look back on this one day, here's what happened on my rolz board....

This is the moment when all her training will pay off, when she will become the warrior she was born to be.

Except she is not a trained warrior, and no amount of hacking at dummies or lopping limbs off a willing victim has prepared her for open bloody warfare. She slices her blade at the throat of the leading orc but he easily ducks and his comrade catches her off balance, stabbing at the joins of her armour. She tries to use her momentum to come around and sweep low but they anticipate her, parrying the sword and another cut, this time carving her below her arm. She screams, pulling her arms back instinctively, catching one below the throat, the force half-severing his head. As he falls, their chief pushes forward - he will have his due. He bellows, swinging a two headed axe down. Kuma dives to the side, avoiding the axe but feeling something slash across her ear, just above the lobe. She never wore earrings anyway, it's fine. Her shoulder knocks an orc off balance and he tumbles down the steps. He doesn't get up.

The leap has taken her away from the opening in the pyramid wall. There's nowhere to retreat now. What was it the teachings said? "The way of the Samurai is in desperateness. Ten men or more cannot kill such a man." She grins. They're not men. She's not a man. Do the rules still apply? Let's see...

She points her sword at the chief. "Nice axe. It's going to get you killed." He laughs. They all laugh. She's bleeding, she's favouring one side and she has nowhere to run. He roars again, waving his axe in the air before heaving it down hard like an angry green lumberjack with a grudge against the Lorax but everything that makes it a great tool for intimidation makes it woeful in a fight against a faster foe. She steps out of the arc of it's swing, reversing her grip and bringing her own sword up in a counter arc that uses his own momentum, meeting his hands at the wrist and suddenly they're not his hands any more. Swaying forward to regain her balance she propels herself up and at his jaw, her forehead connecting with a sickening crunch that sends him toppling down the steps.

And just like that it goes quiet. They're not laughing any more. No jeers, no taunts, no thumping of swords on armour. They're not doing anything. Kuma stands, picks up the axe with the hands still grasping the hilt and tosses it down the steps after its former owner, each clang ringing out across the otherwise still desert. She screams, blood bubbling at the corner of her mouth. And they run, they run as if there's somewhere else to go in this desolate waste. But the ogre stands fast, and his handlers with him. She spits. **** it, beats being scorpion food.

From there it is like training, sidestepping the Ogre's club almost nonchalantly, pirouetting and using it to springboard up for a clean cleaving cut across his neck and as he staggers back, his new mouth a bloody geyser, she sheathes the sword and crouches to catch her breath. Something trickles down her leg. She can't help grinning at that thought that she hopes it's blood and that she hasn't soiled herself in all the excitement. Another orc runs. She reminds her self to practice that grin in the mirror, it seems to really work. The others three though, they are here for the long haul. No matter, it's a decision they'll regret for the rest of their lives. Which, as it turns out, is a mercifully short time.

(OOC : It's not important, but that's how the fight played out, and after only one active night before the end I thought she deserved to have her last stand so I'm editing this in just before the edit window expires. Except it's not her last stand, she bloody won. Anyway, Back to the original thread. )

She limps to the base of the pyramid, finding the chieftan's handless corpse lying beside one of the covered wagons the Ruptured Ankles used to follow her. She buries her masters sword in his heart, climbs into the wagon and gees the camel into motion. It doesn't matter where it's going. Not any more. She let's the camel take the lead.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Bandylegs frowns.

'For fu.... you're actually serious? Fine. Mind my ale, this willnae take long.

Betty, Citra - keep the bed warm fer me!'

Bandylegs heads for the gateway.

The camel stops abruptly and Kyokuma flops out of the drivers seat. Shes not sure how long she was out or where she is. A village of some kind, maybe? Not home anyway. Not yet. But soon. Hailed as a great hero. Maybe granted a parcel of land. Riches. Maybe father would finslly respect her, and Nori would call her big sister, and she'd shove their respect and her fist down their throats.

Through eyes she sees a well. That's enough - she rolls onto her back, the effort tearing open the barely crusted over cut in her side, and empties her wineskin over her face. Something blocks out the light. A little girl wearing a sun hat. She's smiling, an odd tight-lipped smile. It looks wrong somehow but Kuma is grateful for the shade.
    "Little girl," she croaks, "is there a healer or a grown up... Is your mother around?"
    "Mother is away" she chirps, and there's no missing the teeth. "But she's close. She's very close." The girl leans down and Kyokuma is too weak to fight back.

The Statue:

The image begins to flicker.

"Oh, genuine planar incursion...I'll be back once it is dealt with..."

A creature of the Outer Planer manifests in front of Ekbard and Goodie.

SnIAKM.jpg

As he heads down the hallway towards the gateway, Bandylegs descends from the upper levels.

There are many rooms dotted around the place.

'OY! Xanthea - close the door if yerself and Duncan are busy in the future!

Elin, have ye finally let it go about our little spat in Thurmunton? Aye, I know it was ye who were creepin' about on me floor the other night - I told ye, the doors are unlocked, no need fer sneaky stuff! Hope me drawers didn't frighten ye too much, Betty has her pleasures and Bandy dinnae mind seein to 'em! It's the afterlife after all lass - live a little!

Saeros, I told ye before, the trees cannae grow up here - what ye hopin' to do - plant them on a cloud?

Glad ter see ye made it Flak - has anyone ever told ye you and Saeros look alike? '

He makes it to the gateway and notices Vergedain and Dumathoin standing beside it.

'Tell me again why ye cannae do this? I did enough, more than you that's fer sure Dumathoin. Mining God? Fer fleck's sake.'

Necrominus wrote: »
    As he heads down the hallway towards the gateway, Bandylegs descends from the upper levels.

There are many rooms dotted around the place.

'OY! Xanthea - close the door if yerself and Duncan are busy in the future!

Elin, have ye finally let it go about our little spat in Thurmunton? Aye, I know it was ye who were creepin' about on me floor the other night - I told ye, the doors are unlocked, no need fer sneaky stuff! Hope me drawers didn't frighten ye too much, Betty has her pleasures and Bandy dinnae mind seein to 'em! It's the afterlife after all lass - live a little!

Saeros, I told ye before, the trees cannae grow up here - what ye hopin' to do - plant them on a cloud?

Glad ter see ye made it Flak - has anyone ever told ye you and Saeros look alike? '

He makes it to the gateway and notices Vergedain and Dumathoin standing beside it.

'Tell me again why ye cannae do this? I did enough, more than you that's fer sure Dumathoin. Mining God? Fer fleck's sake.'
    ook
    flack aint ded

The creature is walloped by the arrows, bleeding heavily and turns its eyes to Ekbard who falls under its mind control. Ekbard then turns to Goodie and speaks in an odd stilted manner.

"Where are those we used to deal with on this plane? Speak now, before our Master arrives, he may grant you a quick death"

Fourier wrote: »
    The creature is walloped by the arrows, bleeding heavily and turns its eyes to Ekbard who falls under its mind control. Ekbard then turns to Goodie and speaks in an odd stilted manner.

"Where are those we used to deal with on this plane? Speak now, before our Master arrives, he may grant you a quick death"

oh they are in Galway i'll just go get them i teleport to my ship

"What?" wonders the creature. "Some city perhaps"

The halfling vanishes.

Just then another gateway opens, black shadow streaming in front of it, purple coils of energy poring out.

"Chaotic? Has the Master sent you? From Eberron? Why do you take their form?"

shields on turrets to manual
    ship attack time

• Advertisement

The statue walls start coming down giving Goodie a clear shot.

Advertisement