Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guide to being an After Hours Boardsie

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

134897314. Never post an answer to the OP's post in a 10 page thread. It only looks weird in amongst the off-topic **** flinging in the latter pages.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,127 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Rory28 wrote: »
    i know right? who uses babestation anymore?

Eurgh.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

koumi wrote: »
    I think we lost the numerological order of the thread, makes it difficult to follow

Ah that was point no. 17.5
    ...Makes a hames of the numbering system as set up by the OP ... ;)

I think the best option us to grab a random number and use that. The OP will hopefully do a final draft and figure out the numbering as per industry standard at that point ...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Rory28 wrote: »
    i know right? who uses babestation anymore?

A goldmine apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

anna080 wrote: »
    If all else fails, blast them with piss

1241989_1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

190. When commenting on any prison sentence, summon Garlic Man.

If Garlic Man has been mentioned already then that would lead us to rule 191. Read the first page of any given thread and then skip the last.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

I miss Pighead

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

A sense of smug accomplishment that half your thread titles for the week have had their titles edited with the words: (Mod note post 1)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,506 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

when your whole point gets proven incorrect or high irrelevant don't give up , just go to plan be find any spelling or grammatical error and point these out repeatedly until you opponent throws in the towel

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Joe prim

Rule 37.5 ; Don't allow yourself to be bullied by grammar and spelling Nastzsies; remember they'res no difference between there,their or dare, so feel free to use them interchangeably, as is also true of too, to and two, and weather and whether, and don't let no wan tell you different.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

when your whole point gets proven incorrect or high irrelevant don't give up , just go to plan be find any spelling or grammatical error and point these out repeatedly until you opponent throws in the towel

*plan b

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭Miss Demeanour

The line 'I'm having my breakfast Kate' is a suitable post for absolutely any thread.
    The less sense it makes the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,506 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

anna080 wrote: »
    *plan b

oops

You must be in an exceptional relationship filled with amazing sex and the conflict resolution skills of an Israeli diplomatic negotiator.
    Hating children is another requirement.
    As is any other person who does not fit in to your world view.
    You will have a vast array of links at your disposal to back up even the most obscure of arguments, "Do you have a link where it says that 3 day old male marsupials display behaviour of the opposite sex".
    Like me be liberal (no not in that sense, don't get excited) with the use of commas, indeed.

Any thoughts yourself OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

The following are acceptable solutions to everything:

Blast it with p*ss
    Fire
    kick to tbe face

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

69. Don't forget to fill your mouth with coffee and fúcking hold it there while reading funny posts.
    Spit that shít, spittt itttt

you owe me a new keyboard, Peatys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

Say "Attack the post, not the poster" frequently, and you can be a Mod here.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

201. Insert pointless meme whenever necessary ....

Tips-for-Creating-your-own-memes-e1489435158115.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Say "Attack the post, not the poster" frequently, and you can be a Mod here.

42. With the greatest of respect good Sir, what you wrote there is FUCKING STUPID. :mad:

Am I doing it right?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭worded

-34. When your eyes start to water and bleed 30 pages into a thread scroll to the posts with at least 5+ thanks

I’ve eyes like blighted cherries

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

917 Never, ever have an original thought and start a thread of your own ... but be constantly vigilant and be ready to needlessly post "whats your opinion OP?" within 0.0006 seconds of the start of any new thread which would have progressed perfectly well without your input.

If someone describes a bad public transport/retail experience, passive-aggressively ask "what did the company say when you complained to them"?

You have undermined their complaint, and also made them look cowardly.

Await blizzard of thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Huexotzingo

988 Smugly remind people that Special K and White Bread are worse for you than Anthrax.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Peatys wrote: »
    The 90 yr old sheep farming mountain woman living in the Pnovel was my personal favourite.

The wha'?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

4138.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

The wha'?

He/she is still an active user, so don't want to name but there was a poster last couple of years who tried to convince themselves they were a sheep farming mountain woman living in the wilds of Connemara/Kerry. Changed by the day.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

He/she is still an active user, so don't want to name but there was a poster last couple of years who tried to convince themselves they were a sheep farming mountain woman living in the wilds of Connemara/Kerry. Changed by the day.

No way!! If it's the same person I'm thinking of I completely fell for it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

That poster is a real person, some boardsies have had some dealings with her in real life.

Advertisement