Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The opposite View

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

Am I mad to throw a few quid on Yanworth for the stayers? I just think that he really hasn't impressed as a chaser and the Aintree hurdle victory sticks out like a sore thumb to me. I wouldn't go near him for the RSA or JLT.

I know all the hype is about Supasundae but the horse is head of the market for a race he's never won at the distance, outstayed by Yanworth and Apples Jade both times he's gone 3m.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

I know all the hype is about Supasundae but the horse is head of the market for a race he's never won at the distance, outstayed by Yanworth and Apples Jade both times he's gone 3m.

Yanworth will go Stayers imo. Definitely not a bad bet. Have backed Bacardys but he'd be my bet at current prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

I can respect that ☺
    Vautour far better chaser tho. Far classier horse
    (Ps only for Paddy B Cue Card was winning that race! )

And the award for wind up of the week goes to Riveting Roger :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

i genuinely believe he wasnt going to be stopped that day

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭fin709

Agree with everything said about Might Bite. I'm all for finding value, especially ante-post, but I feel he's much better than the field and I see absolutely no reason to oppose him at 3/1 NRNB, I feel he's well clear of the rest.
    Feel Rathvinden for 4 miler at 20's is a shout and would agree rhinestone looks the most likely winner of the bumper and any word on stormy ireland?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

fin709 wrote: »
    Agree with everything said about Might Bite. I'm all for finding value, especially ante-post, but I feel he's much better than the field and I see absolutely no reason to oppose him at 3/1 NRNB, I feel he's well clear of the rest.
    Feel Rathvinden for 4 miler at 20's is a shout and would agree rhinestone looks the most likely winner of the bumper and any word on stormy ireland?

Gold Cup for me is almost process of elimination at this stage.

Can't knock Mite Bite off the short list. Hasn't blotted his copy book this year (yet!) and would have won the RSA by half the track last year but for his antics (though it's of course a risk he throws another wobbly despite being on his best behaviour so far this season). Sizing John might be worth chancing at the prices based on his Durkan win and the fact stable was out of form at Xmas

I'm struggling to put anything else on my list bar Blacklion if he ends up running

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Urindanger

Speaking of antics, had a weird dream last night that Samcro was half the field clear of the rest before giving up into the run in, straying out to the rails. Russell was on board as well which was even weirder. I woke up before the finish.

As for Gold Cup, interesting to see how good Native River looks tomorrow. A good win and he becomes second favourite. Sizing John surely falls into strong value territory then.

Altior vs Politologue is also very interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Very hard to become one of the cool gang in here i see!
    Slattsy seems to be some self appointed "Ceannaire" around here and if you dont conform, your chicken feed to his fellow cool kids who love to bully and suppress us mere mortals with their "likes" and their snide comments..

How will i ever win ye over oh Cool Kids!!! How can I be like one of ye.......

:confused::confused::(:(

Telling ya Pat
    If Vautour had gone in that GC, he would have hacked up
    If Cue Card had stayed up, he would have won (on the day!)

The Don was a decent horse who won a handy GC
    Bit like Cullotys yoke a few years earlier, LW

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Telling ya Pat
    If Vautour had gone in that GC, he would have hacked up
    If Cue Card had stayed up, he would have won (on the day!)

The Don was a decent horse who won a handy GC
    Bit like Cullotys yoke a few years earlier, LW

You're some messer. I'll not bite that easy,away off with ye :D

• Advertisement

Telling ya Pat!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Slattsy seems to be some self appointed "Ceannaire" around here and if you dont conform, your chicken feed to his fellow cool kids who love to bully and suppress us mere mortals with their "likes" and their snide comments..

Bantz!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

Scary thing is I think he is actually serious :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭WickIow Brave

RIP Fountains Windfall. Devastating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ANDREWMUFC

Terrible

Slattsy wrote: »
    Bantz!

Top Bantz!

RIP Fountains Windfall. Devastating.

Desperate 12 months for NH horses dying like this

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

What happened lads? Didn't see or hear anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

Slattsy wrote: »
    What happened lads? Didn't see or hear anything.

Routine schooling session and their still not sure if he just got it all wrong or had a heart attack or a seizure of some sort.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Thanks are given based on knowledgeable posts for the most part rather than comments like that

• Advertisement

Next Destination shortening for the Albert Barlett, given the way Cracking Smart was running on last time I'm more then happy to take on ND with CS over 3m

• Registered Users Posts: 2,760 ✭✭✭Motivator

Next Destination shortening for the Albert Barlett, given the way Cracking Smart was running on last time I'm more then happy to take on ND with CS over 3m

The Albert Bartlett is not the race for Next Destination, he won’t be suited to it at all.

The winner, Santini, shortening, too. ;-)

Motivator wrote: »
    The Albert Bartlett is not the race for Next Destination, he won’t be suited to it at all.

I know, exactly why I'm happy to take him on. Looks like connections are running scared of Samcro somewhat.

Santini has never run over 2m4 and never raced with good in the description. Crazily short price for me.

Santini has never run over 2m4 and never raced with good in the description. Crazily short price for me.

He ran over 2m4 at Cheltenham a few weeks back.. only getting up in final strides like a thorough stayer.

By Milan so ground shouldn't be an issue. Sister Dusky Legend handles it fine.

His form looks relatively strong with Chef Des Obeaux hacking up since their novice hurdle and two other winners coming from that race - 4 winners when including himself.

He's got a strongly run race at Cheltenham in the book when he pulled miles clear with Black Ops which is a much more substantial test for Albert Bartlett than slowly run Irish twaddles.

Still 9/1 available with Lads. Goes off 3/1 imo.

Choo choo choo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

Agree on Santini, even though this race has gone to a horse with many runs in recent times you just get a Bobs Worth type feel about this fella and he will always pull more out the bag. He is my main bet now in the race, might need to top up that bet again.

I mean that Santini's never ran further then 2m4. As impressive as he has looked and even taking into account his breeding, I simply can't have a horse in a race at Cheltenham who has never even attempted the distance before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭WickIow Brave

Santini is probably my second favourite novice hurdler after Samcro. I'm in two minds about him for the Albert Bartlett but he will make some chaser.

madmoose wrote:
    Agree on Santini, even though this race has gone to a horse with many runs in recent times you just get a Bobs Worth type feel about this fella and he will always pull more out the bag. He is my main bet now in the race, might need to top up that bet again.

Very few of them have ran over 3m, Next Destination included so couldn't be having it as a negative.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Massimo Tara

Wouldn't back anything in the Albert Bartlett that hasn't ran over 3m before.

Advertisement