Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ionity charging network

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Bannerman1969

I'll ask permission next time @ ELM327...... 🥱

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭-Toppy-

I didnt see this in the thread but it appears that monthly fee for Ionity Passport has dropped to EUR 5,99 per month inc Vat for Ireland

Makes it a bit more palatable for folks not using it every month but who would use it regularly enough (need Ionity's in Cork!)

-Toppy-

• Registered Users Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭josip

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭cc

That's pretty good, lowers the breakeven point to about 30 kWh in a month (looks like you can cancel with one months notice too). Handy also given Ionity's plans to beef up the existing Irish sites.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Yes, 20c/kWh discount means just under 30kWh would cover the €5.99 fee

One months notice theoretically means if you needed a big charge and will be drawing 30kWh or more you might as well sign up for the month if you charge up at all, big benefit to cars with large batteries

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭eastie17

It would be superb if they opened a hub in Cork.

Cork city east side is so badly served for fast chargers, Circle K Frankfield, Rochestown and then you have to go to Youghal or fermoy for fast charging

• Registered Users Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Most of our regional cities are that way, Limerick has 3 DC fast charging sites, one of them is a lidl. There's 3 sites I think on the N20 in total

• Registered Users Posts: 27,866 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

It'll be interesting to see if VW, Hyundai and Kia etc reduce their monthly subscription fees now. They were all slightly cheaper than direct from Ionity already.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭joe1303l

They’ll have to if they want to stay in the game. When are Ionity due to expand their network here ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭dsandson

They're expanding in the north currently. 2 sites nearly finished - Toome & Belfast, with one more just started construction at Dungannon. We've seen possibly 2 other sites as part of fuel forecourts - Derry has planning approval, & Omagh is in the planning system.

It seems to be much quieter in the south. One near the M50 in Dublin, and another in Waterford. They had a large investment about 18 months ago and the massive expansion in the UK seems to be the outworkings from that. I'm surprised they havent been more active TBH. Maybe they need a land agreement with an existing business. I know they sort of have Circle K, but they're building out their own network. In GB they've signed a deal with Village Hotels to install in their car parks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭innrain

The planning permission at Charlestown went through after some hiccups. We'll see how quick will materialize.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭joe1303l

Long term, it’s more likely Circle K will be getting them off their sites to expand their own offering. Probably depends on length of existing contracts.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭crl84

Ionity and Circle K just signed an agreement for Ionity chargers at 6 additional existing Circle K sites, as per the last page, so they wouldn't be doing that if the plan is for Circle K to dump them at existing Ionity/Circle K sites and replace with Circle K chargers.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,832 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

The original CircleK/Ionity sites were planned as 6 charger sites with them just not rolling out the other chargers until needed. The real proof would be if we a new CircleK/Ionity site

• Registered Users Posts: 21,565 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

There are still circle K and Ionity partnerships in other markets too - like Norway for instance - so it's not just a matter of Ireland.

For anyone heading to Scotland via the North Channel ferries then the new Ionity Stranraer hub seems to be online. 6x 350kW.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭wassie

2 units out of action at City North again yday afternoon. Only 1 was showing as N/A on the app, but no.1 kept disconnecting. Very frustrating to drivers coming in thinking they had the last spot available.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭vinniem

Yes number 1 has disconnected on me several times now, says something about disconnection due to safety or some BS. Had to move each time which is frustrating! Would expect better since they charging premium rates!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭gar

Got an invoice from ionity about a charge from back in September. Checked and yes wasn't taken from my about. The weekend pre authorise either card I put in just hangs there. Anyone else have this? Should say it's Android and PTSB

• Advertisement

Yes happened to me more than once, issue is with PTSB, only works sometimes on Google pay.. This is a well known issue with PTSB but they say there is no issue 🙁

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭BigAl81

Same has happened me, and not for the first time, I'm also with PTSB!

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭NyOmnishambles

Since the new year I have had lots of issues initiating a charge at Ionity

Multiple pre-auths later it might start so the card details are correct

It isn't just a PTSB issue either, the card is BOI and I have tried a couple of different cards and Google pay

• Registered Users Posts: 21,565 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Yes I have a similar issue (LOL) on apple pay with PTSB. Turns out the "issue" is no longer possible as they changed to €40 preauth.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭markad1

I see the BMW Ionity Plus package has decreased from €13.99 to €7.49 a month.

The €13.99 package had a charge of €0.30/Kwh.

The new €7.49 package shows a discount -€0.15/kWh (The session fee is waived.). According to the app it's €0.73/Kwh = €0.58.

An increase of €0.28/Kwh. That's some increase.

Charging on the go is getting expensive. ESB DC charges are gone from €0.38/kWh to €0.49/kWh

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭CivilEx

Chargemyhyundai has exactly the same package it seems with a €7.49 monthly fee and a discount of €0.15/kWh, bring it to €0.58/kWh. It's a bit of a headscratcher.

Going directly with Ionity with their "passport" option of €5.99 per month and €0.53/kWh is far better value.....if Ionity locations suit.

Post edited by CivilEx on

Been trying to sign up to passport since yesterday- just getting http internal server error - raised a ticket yesterday no response yet :(

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Toome, Northern Ireland

Just missing led heads on the lighting poles, and a grid connection. Supposed to go live by the end of march according to M&M Contractors at the final Faster Project webinar last year.

• Advertisement

Yep noticed the €40 preautorisation charge on Friday city north, fair enough I suppose. Even though charger bombed out due to "power issue" after 20mins and I didn't get the charge I wanted but refused to restart as didn't want to be charged another €40

Advertisement