Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joking has escalated - Read Mod warning in post 1

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,631 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

All you have to say is your comment was not about her looks but about her ugly attitude towards you ,
    You've ever right to tell her you feel she is ugly on the inside for commenting about your physical condition ,

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭soiseztomabel

I wonder what would happen if you walked in , sat down and said
    iv been thinking about this over the week end and I don't think having this on her permanent record is warranted . if she apologises I wont report it . I feel the embarrassment of someone standing up to her is enough punishment for now

This person knows !!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I would agree with this. More then likely the person made a complaint and the supervisor has to talk with the OP. I have an example where my supervisor came to me to have a discussion because someone made a complaint (it was about noise) and it went look they made a complaint saying you are noisy I and nobody else think you are but I had to just say something.

It should go like this but if on the off chance it does/didn't (could be late here) have your defense ready saying it was reactionary but she started

Perhaps the OP should have made also make a complaint.

Thus far they've only received one.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,072 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Are ya on the scratcher now OP?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

Good lord, I'm so glad I don't have a job. :pac:

• Advertisement

Waiting all day to find out what happened

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Dylann

Went to the meeting today and straight away the other employee said to me, I don't know why we are here I was joking with you and you went mad. I didn't say anything to her. My supervisor said she was in the wrong to start slagging but I shouldn't of reacted like that. The other employee then apologised and so did I . They just said can we move on and I said yeah I just want to get on with my work. Leaving the room the other employee said it was just a laugh I didn't think you would react like that, if I did I wouldn't of said anything. I just said forget about it.
    I don't want hassle in work I just want to get my work done and that's it.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭martin101

Well done, you did good today OP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Benildus

She was the one who went away crying!!!!!!!! i reckon she realised she fcuked up over the weekend and needed to apologise first

Benildus wrote: »
    She was the one who went away crying!!!!!!!! i reckon she realised she fcuked up over the weekend and needed to apologise first

Or she read this thread.

<waves>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

On the bright side op, no one will ever call you baldy in work again

Good to hear it worked out

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Well done baldy :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭NollagShona

That softened her cough.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Sounds like the supervisor wanted it sorted out and the other employee got a fright cos she KNEW she did wrong

Well done op - you handled it very well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

On the bright side op, no one will ever call you baldy in work again

Not to his face anyway :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

Dylann wrote: »
    I don't know why we are here I was joking with you and you went mad. I didn't say anything to her.

I am reading from this she did nothing wrong and you went off the deep end.
    You are still getting the blame in her eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Gonad

It must be terrible being baldy in this weather

Cheerio now ,,, baldy conscience !

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭DuffleBag

RobAMerc wrote: »

This.

It appears to me she "won". What happened all the good advice we gave you?

Now it's like you have a rage issue and fly off the handle at "jokes". Because you know now she will tell others you "went mad" at the joke that she and the others laughed about when she called you baldy, and that you apologised for it. :(

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,072 ✭✭✭✭beertons

You're a dead cert for a wig in the work Kris Kindle.

Practice that smile, grumpy pants!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

Gonad wrote: »
    It must be terrible being baldy in this weather

Cheerio now ,,, baldy conscience !

Was this thread transferred to AHs?

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭solderon

RobAMerc wrote: »

When someone treats you like OP has described, what they think isn't worth considering.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Good for you OP. I hope that taught her a lesson in cop on. What an appalling thing to say to anyone, she should be ashamed of herself. Hiding behind the "it was only a bit of craic" defence is the preserve of bullies and the terminally stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,218 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

In this modern age of 'the womans always right', you came out of this pretty well OP.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Watch your back, OP.

And your dome.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Rezident

NIMAN wrote: »
    In this modern age of 'the womans always right', you came out of this pretty well OP.

Yes you were lucky. Live and learn but fair play for standing up for yourself, more men need to start doing that nowadays, although - and it's easy to say this when you're not in the heat of the moment - but perhaps more elegantly. I know, I'm as bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭daheff

Dylann wrote: »
    Went to the meeting today and straight away the other employee said to me, I don't know why we are here I was joking with you and you went mad. I didn't say anything to her. My supervisor said she was in the wrong to start slagging but I shouldn't of reacted like that. The other employee then apologised and so did I . They just said can we move on and I said yeah I just want to get on with my work. Leaving the room the other employee said it was just a laugh I didn't think you would react like that, if I did I wouldn't of said anything. I just said forget about it.
    I don't want hassle in work I just want to get my work done and that's it.

Good to see common sense prevailed all round.

Advertisement