Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is anyone else starting to become a bit worried? mod note in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

Bob24 wrote: »
    Yes, 1rst of April is the exact date I am told ;-)

More seriously ... every BTC bull cycle has seen multiple corrections. They are more typically in the 20-30% range and 50% would really be a massive one (not impossible, but not my base case).

We have already seen a few corrections in this cycle and are likely to see a couple more later in the year, but I wouldn’t pay too much attention to people trying to predict their timing. Talk is cheap and it is easy for them to make many predictions until one of then eventually comes true.

If we knew exact dates we’d be zillionaires :)
    Ha I just want to retire in my 30s!

I think I’ll be bold and if it hits 70k usd early April I’ll sell and see if I can rebuy at a 20/30% drop.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,918 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Rob2D wrote: »

That was my hypothesis I expressed in the excited thread when someone asked why it had fallen.

He's the head of the Fed, so yeah, they are like that. Glass half full; he's created a buying opportunity.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

Media will always try and fix a narrative to price movement when there may not even be one. It's just ranging. He didn't say anything that the rest of them haven't said (Legarde & Yellen, etc.) in recent weeks. In fact, I found it interesting that he seemed to be aligned with their thoughts...they don't want any competition for their CBDCs so they won't countenance btc being perceived as a currency...but they're alright with it being digital gold ...or will put up with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

In fact, I found it interesting that he seemed to be aligned with their thoughts...they don't want any competition for their CBDCs so they won't countenance btc being perceived as a currency...but they're alright with it being digital gold ...or will put up with that.

That is my impression as well.

Having said that, they might not be alright anymore *if* a large number of people started losing faith in one of their currencies and seeing Bitcoin (and gold and all hard assets) as a safe heaven.

We are not there yet at all, and I don't know what they would try to do. But I think this is the one scenario whereby they wouldn't be fine at all anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

Bob24 wrote: »
    That is my impression as well.

Having said that, they might not be alright anymore *if* a large number of people started losing faith in one of their currencies and seeing Bitcoin (and gold and all hard assets) as a safe heaven.

We are not there yet at all, and I don't know what they would try to do. But I think this is the one scenario whereby they wouldn't be fine at all anymore.

Remember that people always had the ability to utilise gold - it's just that the majority of the world's citizens don't really. So from the viewpoint of governmental status quo, they may not like btc but they can tolerate it in that role.. Now if it starts to come into play for payments, that's another story.
    I was trying to find the clip but I could have sworn he criticised it on the basis that btc is useless as a means of payment. Not sure what he thinks of Breez Wallet launching streaming podcast payments via lightning. That goes beyond the cup of coffee purchase example to micro/continuous payment in real time.

The ideal scenario is if it continues to make in-roads as a store of value and as a base settlement layer (large transactions). It's probably best if improvements to usability and layer 2/small and micro payments continue to take an age. Let it seep in so that when they do think that they can't tolerate it anymore, it will be too difficult to shut it down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

It's highly coordinated FUD, just the usual keep poor mantra that is being fed to the masses.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭timeToLive

Timmaay wrote: »
    About 15% of my crypto portfolio gone to usdt now (staked in crypto.com for between 6 and 10% so it's still going up), the aim is to push that up to 30% next few weeks, and let it sit until there is some serious pullback.

That is not a bad idea.. never thought about doing that..

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭dirk_dangler

Could be of concern if holding Cardano, so far a lot of promises with very little delivered
    www.amazon.com/Out-Ether-Amazing-Ethereum-Destroyed/dp/1119602939
    1.jpg

2.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Could be of concern if holding Cardano, so far a lot of promises with very little delivered

Oh great, riddles again.

Graham wrote: »
    Oh great, riddles again.

Did you bother to read the 2 book excerpts?
    If so what do you think of them ?
    No riddle there as far as i can see

I'm sure they mean something to you.

I'm sure they mean something to you.

It means something to the people who worked with Charles, they are putting in print that he is a bullshîtter, he is currently promising the earth, moon and starts with Cardano, coming soon, and it has been coming soon for years.
    Nothing is being build on it, nothing of note planing to build on it, it is being called a ghost chain by many people who know a hell of a lot more about blockchain than the regular investor.
    Pile on if you want, its your money.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

The first time I've noticed a mod in this forum for years and he comes to stir ****? Hahaha.

It means something to the people who worked with Charles, they are putting in print that he is a bullshîtter, he is currently promising the earth, moon and starts with Cardano, coming soon, and it has been coming soon for years.

Thank you, a bit of context and that makes much more sense. I assume Charles is connected to Cardano.

He could have 50 dead hookers in his basement and go around calling himself Napoleon for all I care as long as he pulls this off. Regardless, whether it's all hot air or not, smart contracts are coming in a couple months and the price is probably due to double from here. Smart thing to do is hodl until later in the year, then reassess.

Thank you, a bit of context and that makes much more sense. I assume Charles is connected to Cardano.

Why comment if you don't even know what's going on? Surely it was obvious what the connection was?

He could have 50 dead hookers in his basement and go around calling himself Napoleon for all I care as long as he pulls this off. Regardless, whether it's all hot air or not, smart contracts are coming in a couple months and the price is probably due to double from here. Smart thing to do is hodl until later in the year, then reassess.

+1

I've dipped in and out of it a few times. No complaints so far :)

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Somecrimesitry

Cardano has been like a boss, you could have turned €10k into €300k+ since March 2020. If you hold until after smart contracts go live in August you'll have €600k+ in your pocket. Best investment I ever made back in 2018 at sub €0.03. It's recently surpassed my very costly stock portfolio painstakingly built up over 20 years. All the while you'd have also earned a few extra grand in staking rewards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭timeToLive

Cardano has been like a boss, you could have turned €10k into €300k+ since March 2020. If you hold until after smart contracts go live in August you'll have €600k+ in your pocket. Best investment I ever made back in 2018 at sub €0.03. It's recently surpassed my very costly stock portfolio painstakingly built up over 20 years. All the while you'd have also earned a few extra grand in staking rewards.

ah the things can only go up mentality :D

What Cardano haters? Some images were just shared about the questionable personality of the person behind the project. Nothing wrong with that. Jeez, people are so touchy.

Whelo79 wrote: »
    What Cardano haters? Some images were just shared about the questionable personality of the person behind the project. Nothing wrong with that. Jeez, people are so touchy.

I never claimed there was anything wrong with that. I stated that people criticising a project based on the character of the crypto founder should apply that to all founders equally.

snipped

Conspiracies have it the global elite are into Pedophilia, this would be bullish for Polkadot if true.
    Charles is 33, dressing like and pretending to be a 63 years old college professor, the book excerpts are only from recent years, he has history of promising and failing to deliver, i predict Cradano will miss its target for smart contracts and the price will bleed out of the top 10 all summer

Some holders fall in love and marry their coins, wont hear a bad word about them no matter what happens

I never claimed there was anything wrong with that. I stated that people criticising a project based on the character of the crypto founder should apply that to all founders equally.

Charles has a history of making promises and failing to meet delivery dates, just check out the Cardano history, it was supposed to be fully up and running in 2017.
    He was kicked out of his two previous projects before Cardano, he has been caught being less that truthful many time on the videos he posts.
    If you have made money on Cardano, fantastic, but be wary of another missed milestone and the effect on the price of ADA.

Charles has a history of making promises and failing to meet delivery dates, just check out the Cardano history, it was supposed to be fully up and running in 2017.
    He was kicked out of his two previous projects before Cardano, he has been caught being less that truthful many time on the videos he posts.
    If you have made money on Cardano, fantastic, but be wary of another missed milestone and the effect on the price of ADA.

I assume you've done your due diligence on Cardano and can outline for everyone else on the thread why Cardano missed those early targets?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,273 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I assume you've done your due diligence on Cardano and can outline for everyone else on the thread why Cardano missed those early targets?
    Mod:
    Standard rule on boards is you don't ask others to do research for you and back up your own claims; you're very hyped on Cardano and it's up to you to back it up not the other way around.

I've cleaned up some allegations etc. which is not relevant to the topic at hand.
    The first time I've noticed a mod in this forum for years and he comes to stir ****? Hahaha.
    A moderator posting outside their forum is simply another user but there are moderators here; the fact you don't see us a lot is not necessary a bad thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Some holders fall in love and marry their coins, wont hear a bad word about them no matter what happens

That's true especially the LINK marines :pac: They never stop shilling :D

• Advertisement

Oh man. I haven't looked at the market since the weekend and I'm only noticing this dip now!

Think I'll take a break from crypto and just not look at my portfolio for a couple weeks :pac:

Advertisement