Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is anyone else starting to become a bit worried? mod note in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭AH92

Eth Cme Futures are coming out tomorrow, Curious to see if there's a repeat of 2017 with Btc cme futures and the bloodbath after.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Mucashinto

Bit disheartened personally to think that the ultimate result of bitcoin may be to gift Apple even more money tbh. Not sure what I expected to happen I suppose, just feels a bit unpleasant now it's in motion.

Feel it's a harder to spin a hedging asset like this to the wider public than inflated stocks as well. At least with overvaluing start-ups it can be positioned as a positive outlook - banking on future value through their innovation etc (hiding the fact that most of the innovation revolves around removing human costs) - but with a ballooning btc price...

"Lol, why is this bitcoin thing worth so much?"
    "Because money is worthless"
    "Oh, right, cool :("

• Registered Users Posts: 19,847 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Mucashinto wrote: »
    Bit disheartened personally to think that the ultimate result of bitcoin may be to gift Apple even more money tbh. Not sure what I expected to happen I suppose, just feels a bit unpleasant now it's in motion.

Feel it's a harder to spin a hedging asset like this to the wider public than inflated stocks as well. At least with overvaluing start-ups it can be positioned as a positive outlook - banking on future value through their innovation etc (hiding the fact that most of the innovation revolves around removing human costs) - but with a ballooning btc price...

"Lol, why is this bitcoin thing worth so much?"
    "Because money is worthless"
    "Oh, right, cool :("

How many Bitcoin do Apple own?

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Mucashinto

Will announce $5bn holding soon apparently. Seems like it’s the only show in town atm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭HillCloudHop

Is it possible that Elon Musk manipulating BTC price will ultimately result in the SEC bringing in more crypto regulation that will tank the market?

Mucashinto wrote: »
    Will announce $5bn holding soon apparently. Seems like it’s the only show in town atm.

I'd like to see a link to the source of that rumour.

I took a look on Reddit, and the story seems to point to: https://www.cryptoreportage.com/bitcoin-news/apple-rumored-to-make-5-billion-bitcoin-purchase/

Wherin some dweeb flaps his gums along the lines of: 'If Tim Cook wasn't gay, he might have married a woman and had children.'

I would like the story to be true, because Bitcoin would hit $80 K before Friday, but what I see in that link is less than worthless.

Is it possible that Elon Musk manipulating BTC price will ultimately result in the SEC bringing in more crypto regulation that will tank the market?

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

we got another possible 12 months of a bull market

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    we got another possible 12 months of a bull market

Are you basing this estimate on the 2017 bubble?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭dougal0691

5 minute bitcoin segment on the 6.01 news this evening. Time to get out?

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭jmlad2020

dougal0691 wrote: »
    5 minute bitcoin segment on the 6.01 news this evening. Time to get out?

It will be on 6.01 news again in 6-12 months. Maybe then

we need more dumb money first

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Jin luk

jmlad2020 wrote: »

As long as big companies start to get behind it its going to grow massively, it shot up after tesla announcement imagine what the likes of a few more big companies would do to it.

I'm hoping it crashes again in the near future so I can accumulate more. Just need some good FUD.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Stormington

jmlad2020 wrote: »
    No. But have your exit strategy planned.

I'm waiting for a mention on the Late Late Show and the Coinbase IPO/public issue before moving to cash.

I'm hoping it crashes again in the near future so I can accumulate more. Just need some good FUD.

Best of luck.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    we need more dumb money first

One of the old fellas at work bought Litecoin a while back then sold it at the first sign of trouble. When it dipped end of January I'd say. Knew nothing about the Paypal thing. No research done, understands none of it.
    After BTC hit $40K the other day and then corrected back to $38K my father came to me in a panic. To "warn me".

These are the type of people we're dealing with here. And I'd say they make up about 80% of this island. If we could get all of them to go in. We could make a lot of money off them.
    Jin luk wrote: »
    imagine what the likes of a few more big companies would do to it.

Rumours of Apple buying in soon. Anything up to $5billion I heard. And that they're working on their own exchange of sorts for the app store.

That would be huge.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Rob2D wrote: »
    Rumours of Apple buying in soon. Anything up to $5billion I heard. And that they're working on their own exchange of sorts for the app store.

That would be huge.

I am off the opinion that the Silicon Valley’s plan A is to create its own cryptocurrency which it controls and with the blessing of governments (maybe as some type of SDR) which would favour it over the likes of Bitcoin.

But I wouldn’t mind being proven wrong! And of those companies all make a move towards Bitcoin it would indeed be huge and basically make it unstoppable.

Wow, everything in the red today. I guess we were due a bit of a pull back after the excitement of the last few days. My net worth went down by about 2K since I came into work this morning haha.

Wish I was good at trading and stuff so I could make gains from all these swings.

• Advertisement

One of the old fellas at work bought Litecoin a while back then sold it at the first sign of trouble. When it dipped end of January I'd say. Knew nothing about the Paypal thing. No research done, understands none of it.
    After BTC hit $40K the other day and then corrected back to $38K my father came to me in a panic. To "warn me".

These are the type of people we're dealing with here. And I'd say they make up about 80% of this island. If we could get all of them to go in. We could make a lot of money off them.

That would be huge.

Link to this Apple buying bitcoin rumour please. I have found nothing remotely credible and until I see something, this is a load of BS.

cnocbui wrote: »
    Link to this Apple buying bitcoin rumour please. I have found nothing remotely credible and until I see something, this is a load of BS.

Yeah, that's why it's called a rumour......

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Jin luk

cnocbui wrote: »

Yeah I've seen lots about it on this and reddit but no actual concrete links still though think bitcoin is finding its base in the 30s now hard to see it drop below tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

The rumour could well be BS but the first sign of the Tesla splurge was over a month ago on Reddit, in a thread that remained commentless until Tesla reported it themselves.

Sometimes posts that seem like baseless hopium are true. Apparently.

grindle wrote: »
    The rumour could well be BS but the first sign of the Tesla splurge was over a month ago on Reddit, in a thread that remained commentless until Tesla reported it themselves.

Sometimes posts that seem like baseless hopium are true. Apparently.

It's not a f'n rumour, it's a hot air blu skies suggestion by an RBC analyst of what he thinks Apple ought to do, with not the slightest suggestion they have done anyting with Bitcoin.
    Apple Inc. should follow in Tesla Inc.’s footsteps, but by getting into cryptocurrencies, not electric vehicles, according to RBC Capital Markets.

The iPhone maker could create a sizable new market for growth if it were to develop its Apple Wallet into a crypto exchange, said analyst Mitch Steves.

”The wallet initiative appears to be a clear multi-billion dollar opportunity for the firm (potential for well over $40 billion in annual revenue with limited R&D),” Steves wrote in a note to clients.
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-02-08/apple-bull-suggests-creating-crypto-exchange-and-buying-bitcoin

And somehow some brainless idiot or spoofer took that $40 billion in revenue and manufactured a stupid rumour of a $40 Billion investment.

Get a grip on reality and do some basic research.

I mentioned Twitter earlier.
    Matter of time tbh.
    Oracle may be one to watch.

Enter Mastercard.

That would be huge.

These are the same people who said at 5k I'm not buying yet bought at 20k

and now you have people saying no way I'm buying at 40k but will start buying at 100k

and now you have people saying no way I'm buying at 40k but will start buying at 100k
    We need those people to sell to.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭antgal23

Am I starting to get a but worried? No

A bit cautious, yes.

I don't plan on holding a bag of crypto when the market crashes, and it will crash.

New people will learn expensive lessons when they get their faces ripped off.

I am not going to argue with the fact that the market will reach higher highs after it crashes but that process will take years, just like it did in 2013 , 2017 and in 2021.

The emotions and hysteria on Twitter and forums is borderline childish.

In a zero sum game somebody has to lose

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

antgal23 wrote: »
    Am I starting to get a but worried? No

A bit cautious, yes.

I don't plan on holding a bag of crypto when the market crashes, and it will crash.

New people will learn expensive lessons when they get their faces ripped off.

I am not going to argue with the fact that the market will reach higher highs after it crashes but that process will take years, just like it did in 2013 , 2017 and in 2021.

The emotions and hysteria on Twitter and forums is borderline childish.

In a zero sum game somebody has to lose

In your opinion it will crash. Nobody knows what will happen but the space is much stronger now than it was in 2017 with DeFi NFTs social money more smart contracts and the acceptance of BTC by financial institutions.

If it does crash imo it won't be anywhere near as spectacular as previous dips.

Advertisement