Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is anyone else starting to become a bit worried? mod note in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64,794 ✭✭✭✭unkel

That's not value. BTC has become more scarce since I started, for a start.

No it hasn't :p

The number of BTC out there is still growing every day. It's becoming less and less scarce until the maximum pre set number of coins is reached.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

unkel wrote: »

The number of BTC out there is still growing every day. It's becoming less and less scarce until the maximum pre set number of coins is reached.

Saying this for the enjoyment of the discussion and it is unimportant; but given the fact that some bitcoins are being lost forever because people are losing access to their keys/wallet, technically the number of actually usable bitcoins could already be stable or even dropping. Of course it is impossible to make call either way, as while the number of new bitcoins made available each days is public and unquestionable information, there is no way to know how many are being lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Stormington

unkel wrote: »

Lots of lost and near inaccessible BTC accounted for in the interim since I started buying (not 2020).
    There's no way there will ever be close to 21 million BTC available so it is more scarce than advertised.

Bob24 wrote: »
    technically the number of actually usable bitcoins could already be stable or even dropping.

Only if more coins are being lost today and in the future than are being mined. I find that very unlikely :p

But yes, of course a lot of coins have been lost in the past. I remember a video about this dude in the UK who mined for a bit on his laptop back in 2009, then swapped his hard disk and accidentally threw it away. He's gone as far as considering purchasing the local landfill dump where it likely went and spending millions paying for people sifting through the rubbish trying to find the disk. His coins would be worth something like a hundred million today :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,720 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

It would be worth about €118 million since the drive reportedly had over 7500 BTC.

• Advertisement

I wasn't far off then with my hundred million - GBP as the lad is in the UK :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭el diablo

Bob24 wrote: »
    bitcoins

The plural of bitcoin is ...bitcoin. :pac:

Not sure why but "bitcoins" really bugs me. :p

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

el diablo wrote: »

Or the bitcoin

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭joe250

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    Or the bitcoin

Bitcoins to Euros.:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

You actually sent me to google to look it up as I never thought about this, and there doesn’t seem to be any consensus either way. Wikipedia says the plural is “bitcoins” though.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitcoin

Also says here that uppercase Bitcoin is uncountable (as the concept) and lower case bitcoin is countable (as the unit) and therefore its plural is bitcoins. Makes sense to me.

https://www.oxfordlearnersdictionaries.com/definition/english/bitcoin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Daithi40

joe250 wrote: »
    Bitcoins to Euros.:-)

Do you mean the Euro :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,781 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Market cap hitting around $600 billion. Jesus christ, just to be very cynical here, that amount of money in a bunch of tokens that pretty much do nothing but suck electricity and provide solutions for problems that don't exist, sorry couldn't resist ;)

In all seriousness though, if this bull gets big enough I'll be unloading a good bit of this stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Daithi40

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Market cap hitting around $600 billion. Jesus christ, just to be very cynical here, that amount of money in a bunch of tokens that pretty much do nothing but suck electricity and provide solutions for problems that don't exist, sorry couldn't resist ;)

In all seriousness though, if this bull gets big enough I'll be unloading a good bit of this stuff.

Fair enough. But why? Why wait..... if you are not a HODLer etc, then what is your price to cash out.... $2trillion.... who knows? I definitely dont know - back to the good advice - only invest what you can afford to lose, if you are quids in then cash out and enjoy the €€s i guess

think I'll wait a bit :) ...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

It should be bitcoinses

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

$600 billion is nothing, wait until its $4 trillion

• Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

Dohnjoe wrote: »

Didn't you tell us that bitcoin had stalled 6 months ago? I thought you had offloaded then?

It's like having a JF hybrid on here....it's all woeful stuff but apparently you're holding :D

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭antgal23

Didn't you tell us that bitcoin had stalled 6 months ago? I thought you had offloaded then?

It's like having a JF hybrid on here....it's all woeful stuff but apparently you're holding :D

Worried? Only for the peeps about to buy crypto

This is just another cycle, the space has matured a lot in the past 36 months

Once the self off comes BTC lows will be higher than the 2018 lows

antgal23 wrote: »
    Once the self off comes BTC lows will be higher than the 2018 lows
    aaf.png

Was a bit confused by the answer as makeorbrake appeared to be replying to DohnJoe.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Did Johnnyflash fake his own death and use the Pintman alt account to post it because he was too embarrassed by how wrong he was about this run? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Thargor wrote: »
    Did Johnnyflash fake his own death and use the Pintman alt account to post it because he was too embarrassed by how wrong he was about this run? :D

Shhhhhhh, it's all headed to zero. Any day now. Should be right about now. Or maybe 3 years from now during the next cataclysmic suicide-dip. Then it'll die, for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rapul

I see sky news are running a story on bitcoin, doomed!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

Its on rte 1 o clock news there.

FFVII wrote: »
    Its on rte 1 o clock news there.
    You have a link by any chance? If so, it's time to plan your exit if you don't have one in place already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

I remember hearing someone talking about how XRP is the next Bitcoin on today FM about a day or so before the top back in 17.

I remember hearing someone talking about how XRP is the next Bitcoin on today FM about a day or so before the top back in 17.
    CNBC were showing people how to set up Ripple/XRP wallets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

]
    CNBC were showing people how to set up Ripple/XRP wallets.

3tmng9.jpg

Daithi40 wrote: »
    Fair enough. But why? Why wait..... if you are not a HODLer etc, then what is your price to cash out.... $2trillion.... who knows? I definitely dont know - back to the good advice - only invest what you can afford to lose, if you are quids in then cash out and enjoy the €€s i guess

think I'll wait a bit :) ...

Have been in this since 2013, I'm waiting, but will unload of a lot stuff if there's a sufficient bull this time around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

You have a link by any chance? If so, it's time to plan your exit if you don't have one in place already.

Business guy said it was approaching all time highs and the governor of the bank of England was worried or cautious (i forget which word) about people transfering money into it.

FFVII wrote: »
    Business guy said it was approaching all time highs and the governor of the bank of England was worried or cautious (i forget which word) about people transfering money into it.
    Sound man, thanks. Lets see if Tubridy gets on this too in the next few weeks.

• Advertisement

Another big rug pull, take care out there
    https://www.coindesk.com/compounder-developers-implicated-alleged-smart-contract-rug-pull

If going for these "crypto moon shots", at the very least make sure the team are not anonymous

Advertisement