Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Thread 4.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Thought you married guys would know, the last time you has a choice was when you said I do.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

This will bring a smile to your day. Skip to the end.
    https://soundcloud.com/thestandwitheamondunphy/ep-167a-8th-amendment-referendum-john-waters-no

Not sure which pleases me more; Waters losing it or Dunphy being told to **** off.

Haven't listened to this but was speaking to someone over lunch who heard it.

I don't know why Waters is still given any airtime. It actually feels like abuse at this point because I don't think he is anything close to right in the head and as much as I couldn't stand him back in his days at the Times I don't see the intellectual or entertainment value in allowing him to embarrass himself like this either.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

That's a man that in (my lay person's) opinion needs help with anger issues. The way he attacked Sarah McInerney on TV was horrible also.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

he took Eurovision rejections really really badly

• Advertisement

I got John Waters mixed up with Roger Waters

• Subscribers Posts: 41,100 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

I got John Waters mixed up with Roger Waters

how VERY dare you !!!!!!

• Administrators Posts: 53,444 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

The yank vicar was some craic at the Royal wedding today.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,785 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

awec wrote: »

I was at work and missed my footing coming down a ladder and fell on my arse. Still reckon it was better than watching that wedding.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,232 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Awec watching the Royal Wedding with select family and friends.

IMG_4164.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,016 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

mfceiling wrote: »
    I was at work and missed my footing coming down a ladder and fell on my arse. Still reckon it was better than watching that wedding.

Watching that certainly would be! :pac:

Finding a creche is a frustrating and stressful process.

Not to mention expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 24,184 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Welcome to the next stage. We ended up having to go with a childminder due to lack of availability combined with the insane costs. But then we have to take holidays when the childminder is on holiday, sick days when they have sick days. But we generally have more flexibility in our day to day set up and the childminder will take them when they're a bit sick unlike a creche for the most part.

About to start into our free montessori in the near future. Thank f*ck.

Plan ahead. Make sure the creche has a relationship with your intended school, if you are still up my way apparently it's gotten impossible now, especially with the sudden increase in local population and no new infrastructure.

Buer wrote: »
    Welcome to the next stage. We ended up having to go with a childminder due to lack of availability combined with the insane costs. But then we have to take holidays when the childminder is on holiday, sick days when they have sick days. But we generally have more flexibility in our day to day set up and the childminder will take them when they're a bit sick unlike a creche for the most part.

About to start into our free montessori in the near future. Thank f*ck.

We have her name down for a creche that's near my work but it's not a great long term solution as it means I'd have to do both the drop off and pick up.

Looking at child minders too, they do have that downside but I can work from home if needs be.

Plan ahead. Make sure the creche has a relationship with your intended school, if you are still up my way apparently it's gotten impossible now, especially with the sudden increase in local population and no new infrastructure.

We've actually bought a house in Greystones, so we're moving there around Christmas. She is down for a creche in Dublin just up the road from you.

Ideally though we'd get her into somewhere in greystones asap.

School wise we're fine I think, her name is down and we should be grand based on her position on the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,211 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Awec, have you tried purchasing in the Irish Riviera? Dublin's Northside, were dreams come true and every day is a fairytale. The ambience of the northside is unlike any other and the people are the salt of the earth. You can even have your nipples pasted at an extraordinarily fair price , right under the spire. Friendly and relaxing atmosphere and the weather is better in the north of Dublin.
    Greystones!! Are ye mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Congrats on getting the place awec, some man!

Dubinusa wrote: »
    Awec, have you tried purchasing in the Irish Riviera? Dublin's Northside, were dreams come true and every day is a fairytale. The ambience of the northside is unlike any other and the people are the salt of the earth. You can even have your nipples pasted at an extraordinarily fair price , right under the spire. Friendly and relaxing atmosphere and the weather is better in the north of Dublin.
    Greystones!! Are ye mad.
    The northside was on our list of places we wouldn't mind living.

It was immediately below Longford.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,797 ✭✭✭b.gud

A thread to remind all you parents, or soon to be parents that volunteering to help with kids should always be left to other parents

https://twitter.com/simonfromharlow/status/998470432176123904

• Advertisement

That’s a bit harsh on Longford.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,211 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Good man yerself Awec. Congratulations and best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,609 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

In our defence, you did manage to pick one of the worst spots in North Dublin to live in.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

b.gud wrote: »
    A thread to remind all you parents, or soon to be parents that volunteering to help with kids should always be left to other parents

https://twitter.com/simonfromharlow/status/998470432176123904

Read that this morning, absolutely brilliant. :D

In our defence, you did manage to pick one of the worst spots in North Dublin to live in.
    I have never lived in north Dublin in all my puff.

I went to the Woolshed bar once, that's the furthest north of the liffey I have ever set foot. Always being within running distance of the safety of the river is important.

Settle an argument for me; your buying some dishwasher tablets, is there a huge difference, if any, between generic tablets and the more expensive power ball ultra tablets?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,785 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

stephen_n wrote: »
    Not to mention expensive

There's an old saying at home...

"Don't dip your wick if you can't afford the oil"

Seriously I don't envy any of you having to sort out childminders, new homes, creche places and schools. I know the sort of pressure it put on my wife when she had to do this.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Settle an argument for me; your buying some dishwasher tablets, is there a huge difference, if any, between generic tablets and the more expensive power ball ultra tablets?

depends, are your plates paper or ceramic?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

I've lived in Stoneybatter, Phibsboro and Glasnevin. I'd go back to Stoneybatter or Phibsboro. I'd buy in Howth or Clontarf. Further out, I'd be happy in Malahide, Skerries or Portmarnock.

Currently looking ourselves. D6 is the target, but I'm not sure I have enough kidneys to sell. Feels like the market is slowing down a little, but still mental when you look at what you could buy for the same money in !Dublin.

• Advertisement

CatFromHue wrote: »
    depends, are your plates paper or ceramic?

Cera-what?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement