Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Thread 4.0

Options

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,648 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Molloy moments before he typed this post:

348d9203e47acff693e1139ad4e50fc1--mens-fashion-styles-fashion-men.jpg

This is funny cause molloyjh actually looks and dresses like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Molloy please recant what you said about Oasis, thanks.

Unsurprising that you’re an Oasis fan.

awec wrote: »
    Unsurprising that you’re an Oasis fan.

I'm actually more a Blur fan, or Radiohead, but they're all good bands with great albums.

I'll go listen to WTSMG now to try and offset molloy's bad juju.

I'm actually more a Blur fan, or Radiohead, but they're all good bands with great albums.

I'll go listen to WTSMG now to try and offset molloy's bad juju.

Blur and Radiohead. Goodness me.

• Advertisement

Blur and Radiohead. Goodness me.

All good bands.

Once you get finished with the new ABBA stuff you should give them a listen!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

It very much had to do with a time and place in life, but I loved Definitely Maybe and What's The Story Morning Glory... I always ****ing hated Blur and can't stand Radiohead post-OK Computer. Oasis songs were simple, but I still think some of them were great.

Fairly sure I've trotted this out before, but what a shower of arseholes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

I never realised that the Oasis v Blur rivalry was actually a real thing until I came to Ireland. In New Zealand it was viewed as a marketing gimic but having spoken to people who grew up here in the 90s and early 00s, it was real. The fans really bought into it. Bizarre.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

That will never happen. But I will agree on Blur and Radiohead (up to OK Computer).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,796 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Me and IBF vs the rest of you heathens.

Awec you don't count due to your love of Ed Sheeran.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,975 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Presume the 13 man code of Rugby is Off-Topic but thought this quality finishing was worth sharing.
    https://twitter.com/johnbateman1/status/990666067881193473?s=20

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

molloyjh wrote: »
    That will never happen. But I will agree on Blur and Radiohead (up to OK Computer).

New Radiohead is actually good. It's not acceptable to pull the "I liked them before the were cool card" because it's actually cooler to like them after they were cool. Check at the next communal meeting, it's in the statutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

I like Radiohead tunes but **** me their fans are some of the most miserable people on the planet. Saw them in the 3 last year and the crowd had the atmosphere of a funeral.

Bazzo wrote: »
    I like Radiohead tunes but **** me their fans are some of the most miserable people on the planet. Saw them in the 3 last year and the crowd had the atmosphere of a funeral.

Yeah it’s like the Aviva!

mfceiling wrote: »
    Me and IBF vs the rest of you heathens.

Awec you don't count due to your love of Ed Sheeran.

At least Ed Sheeran can sing

• Registered Users Posts: 24,212 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Ah the good old "The noises I listen to are much cooler than the noises you listen to" debate.

At least Ed Sheeran can sing

He can sing and he can help write songs and he's absolutely loaded. He's obviously seriously compensating for his folicular defect but I'd have no problem with him at all.

Obvously noone will ever reach the musical heights of what Two Door Cinema Club bestowed onto the globe, but he's definitely done well for himself.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Buer wrote: »
    Ah the good old "The noises I listen to are much cooler than the noises you listen to" debate.

It's almost as good as the "The 15 men who throw around a ball that I like are better than the 15 men who throw around a ball that you like" debate.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Ed Sheeran's great, he seems like an all round good bloke who's really enjoying what he does.

I don't like some of his stuff but Castle on the Hill is a great song, a great song.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

If you're looking for old school theatrics, Ghost seem to be serving it up in spades these days.

Not even sure I like the bad that much, but wanna go see em for the craic

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

If you listen to a full Radiohead album, you’ll be ****ing miserable too. Good music but more depressing than being an Ulster fan at play off time.

Ed Sheeran does my head in.

It's like him and Adele were put on this earth with the sole intention of pìssing me off.
    His appeal is right from 6 year old girls (I'm including awec in this category), middle aged housewives (awec is also in this category) through to blue rinse grannys (again awec makes this category).

I'd love to see his notebook for his lyric ideas...

Dance through the rain
    Remember when we were 9
    I loved you before I knew you
    My eyes see your love
    Schooldays seems like forever away
    We used to laugh forever
    Who knew my best friend would be my one true love

Feel free to use any of the above shìte Ed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

On the music has anyone heard of Lafayette Rock Band? My mate sent me a link last week....they are very good.

Listened to a couple of their tunes last night. They're alright. Sunny weather chill out tunes. I'd probably be allowed to play them at the next BBQ. Remind me a bit of The Roots and De La Soul.

The bands that have been getting the most play on my Spotify over the past few weeks are Disturbed and Sabaton. I'm not allowed to play them at the BBQs.

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    Listened to a couple of their tunes last night. They're alright. Sunny weather chill out tunes. I'd probably be allowed to play them at the next BBQ. Remind me a bit of The Roots and De La Soul.

The bands that have been getting the most play on my Spotify over the past few weeks are Disturbed and Sabaton. I'm not allowed to play them at the BBQs.

The Roots

*Internet high five*

Now they are quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,116 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Ed Sheeran does my head in.

It's like him and Adele were put on this earth with the sole intention of pìssing me off.
    His appeal is right from 6 year old girls (I'm including awec in this category), middle aged housewives (awec is also in this category) through to blue rinse grannys (again awec makes this category).

I'd love to see his notebook for his lyric ideas...

Dance through the rain
    Remember when we were 9
    I loved you before I knew you
    My eyes see your love
    Schooldays seems like forever away
    We used to laugh forever
    Who knew my best friend would be my one true love

Feel free to use any of the above shìte Ed.

If it cheers you up, I still get Lionel Richie in my head pretty much every time I read one of your posts. Ohhh ohhh what a feeling.

Neil3030 wrote: »
    If it cheers you up, I still get Lionel Richie in my head pretty much every time I read one of your posts. Ohhh ohhh what a feeling.

This?

Just reading up on this cervical check scandal - seriously, how are people not setting fire to parliament buildings over this?

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Just reading up on this cervical check scandal - seriously, how are people not setting fire to parliament buildings over this?

Been a ferocious few weeks in work, haven't really had time to get up to speed. What have the parliamentarians done to exacerbate the issue?

• Advertisement

Been a ferocious few weeks in work, haven't really had time to get up to speed. What have the parliamentarians done to exacerbate the issue?

It's just an unforgivable cluster ****. This summary is worth reading; 2014 audit showed 208 women were falsely given the all clear, of which 17 are dead and 162 still to be informed that their original test was a false negative. The woman at the centre of the case (now with under a year to live) had the audit results delayed to her by three years because her GP and the head of the HSE subsidiary argued over who should tell her. Head of the HSE has refused to resign over it, citing that he "can’t take full responsibility for it". In the UK, forget the NHS, they'd be looking for a new health minister.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement