Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enzo Amore thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,278 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Lord TSC wrote: »
    She did...

that's good...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

It felt to me like this was as much the straw that broke the camels back as opposed to a firing on its own terms. PWInsider seem to indicate as much
    DUUjVyMX0AABjfw.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 26 PotatoSpud

Enzo didn't tell them, presumably in part because he's been a moron with his money (front row seats to McGregor vs Mayweather, iirc?) and knew telling them, given the **** he was already in with them, would probably lead to his release.

Enzo not telling them gave them the right to completely wash their hands of this mess though. I can't imagine they'll be that keen to get involved with him again, although if he clears his name they may be somewhat obligated to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

PotatoSpud wrote: »
    Enzo didn't tell them, presumably in part because he's been a moron with his money (front row seats to McGregor vs Mayweather, iirc?) and knew telling them, given the **** he was already in with them, would probably lead to his release.

Enzo not telling them gave them the right to completely wash their hands of this mess though. I can't imagine they'll be that keen to get involved with him again, although if he clears his name they may be somewhat obligated to.

If he had told them about it when he should they probably would have just had him drop the belt and do an injury angle to take him off screen and send him home until he can resolve this and then bring him back if/when he clears his name. Heck WWE legal could have even helped him. Not telling them makes him looks guilty and with all the other heat he had was the final straw. He can't say with a straight face that he didn't see a bullet coming with all this.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭soiseztomabel

I think the WWE creating as much distance as possible could also to do with the Ashley Massaro incident from a few years ago. I imagine have someone on the active roster accused of rape is damaging enough in this current climate but having a hand in supposedly covering up an incident with a past female employee could really open them up for a battering in the press.

In my opinion there is not perfect victim in an alleged rape. Judging by her past online content this girl seems "mentally unwell" at best but that's not to say it's not possible it didn't happen, my kneejerk reaction is stupid wrestler, meets stupid girls, both take drugs and we end up with this.

Obviously its way too early to say if he's guilty but if he's is guilty of anything right now... it's being an idiot with a lack of self awareness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

So someone in WWE emailed Jim Cornette about Enzo, which Jim read out like 2 lines from said email.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    So someone in WWE emailed Jim Cornette about Enzo, which Jim read out like 2 lines from said email.

Let me guess. It's Vince Russo's fault somehow.

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    Let me guess. It's Vince Russo's fault somehow.

Russo wasn't mentioned, then again it's only a 2 minute clip. Can only listen to Cornette in small doses, also someone needs to turn down the volume on his mic when he records his stuff..

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Russo wasn't mentioned, then again it's only a 2 minute clip. Can only listen to Cornette in small doses, also someone needs to turn down the volume on his mic when he records his stuff..

I was joking about blaming Russo. I'm not a huge fan of Cornette myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Song is dirt but doesn't pull any punches with the lyrics....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

It's bad but I've heard worse from successful rappers. Video is well produced.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,784 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

That song

nope not for me

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Song is about as good as his in ring skills

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Jeez the last few months must have been hell for this guy.

Complete tool or not, nobody deserves to be falsely accused of such a serious crime. It's fcked up his life.

Will there be any move made on prosecuting his accuser I wonder?

Needs to do about 5 years prison on Perverting the Course of Justice and Wasting Police time.

It would certainly set a precedent and help prevent anymore of these horror stories we've been seeing over the past number of years.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Complete tool or not, nobody deserves to be falsely accused of such a serious crime. It's fcked up his life.

Needs to do about 5 years prison on Perverting the Course of Justice and Wasting Police time.

It would certainly set a precedent and help prevent anymore of these horror stories we've been seeing over the past number of years.

She wasn't found to be lying though. Police said the charges were being dropped due to a lack of evidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I heard the audio to his new rap video. Jesus h Christ what is on about ? Some parts were clearly English while some of it sounded like he was showing the affect of a gas attack. Utter insanity

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I thought the rap was dreadful but Cornette reviewing it with commentary made it all worthwhile for me.

"Consensual Penis!"

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

HA this comment on the video.
    Can we sue Enzo for sexually assaulting our ears?

:pac:

Listened to the actual song, YIKES..

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭bot43

If you went down that route it would prevent more women from coming forward as if they couldn't prove it 100% they are going to jail. And rape is a tough enough one to prove BRD

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

:rolleyes:

Edit: the rolleyes were for another (deleted) post, not for bot43!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Pentecost

MOD SNIP

I’m not sure where to start with this so, in the spirit of respecting all posters as requested, I won’t.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Mod note: Thanks for not taking the bait Pentecost. Obvious troll is banned. Changed thread title to something more generic.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Wow. First thing I'd do if I was Enzo would be to see the doctor about my vocal chords. He sounds sick and not the cool 'sick' either.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I hate missing the trolls

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Report has come out saying Enzo was not told of the investigation by the cops until the accuser went public.

Time to apologise to him if this is true as thats what he said!!!

https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/exclusives/police-report-confirms-enzo-amore-was-not-told-rape-investigation-accuser-went-public

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Even by his own account on the SCSA show, though, he should’ve been sacked. He hired a private investigator to look into the claims after catching wind of it in December, I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,804 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

With Rich Swann appearing on Impact after the allegations against him, could Enzo end up there? Or could he use his G certificate elsewhere?

By the sounds of him on the Austin show, his body isn't holding up to the wrestling business anyway.

Show your support for 'real1' with his tasteful new shorts, available on his website:
    DhtHSB8U8AAqjvM.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Jesus.

Just on him being on Austin's podcast.....I listened to a well timed bit from a while ago where Simon Gotch pegged him and Enzo as buddies.....and I did think Stone Cold was being quite placid in his responses to him. If only they could all be Conrad calling bull****. :pac:

Advertisement