Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enzo Amore thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Remember how I spoke about how women get labelled while lads get excuses made for them?

You’ve no idea what happened. What you believe about a rape case doesn’t matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

She also faked a pregnancy on an ex boyfriend, but I suppose that doesn't matter either.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

IF what's being throw at Enzo is legitimate, why not go to the authorities and tell them, instead of posting about it on social media opening herself up to all kinds of abuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,801 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Not saying he's guilty or innocent, but seems most accusations are through public channels now. Interviews and social media. It's why the names are getting out before any charges are brought. So she's not the first

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Not saying he's guilty or innocent, but seems most accusations are through public channels now. Interviews and social media. It's why the names are getting out before any charges are brought. So she's not the first

Fine and dandy in theory, but in execution not so much, she's got her side out first, and now Enzo's been tarred with the "rapist" brush unfairly.

Social media has it uses, but it's also a curse when stories like this come to surface, everyone and their dog wades in with their opinions.

Trial by social media, doing it properly be damned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Not right to call someone names when they are making a serious accusation of rape. This almost instinctive reaction of victim blaming is one of the reasons celebrities feel they can act with impunity, and why many genuine victims are afraid to come forward in case they suffer a backlash.

He is entitled to be considered innocent until proven guilty, but likewise she should be afforded basic courtesy. Not like anyone here knows the full facts. Bringing up that she allegedly faked a pregnancy with an ex - sounds like people are trawling through her history to try to find reasons to discredit her.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

It's a very serious accusation, but not serious enough to go to the police with in October, still hasn't by the way. Went to twitter though where most people will believer her story without question. Not saying she's lying either, but it's hard to believe someone with a history of making up stories for revenge purposes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Enzo Amore is a piece of **** human being. No if, ands, or buts. I wanna slap the **** outta that little bitch"

"Enzo Amore can ****ing choke why is this guy still employed"

"Enzo Amore can **** right off, and so can the people whose first instinct is to be like "Hmm doesn't sound like the Enzo I know from TV and Instagram, I am very intelligent"

These are three tweets from people on the subject, his brand is damaged because of her accusations. He will probably not be on tv tonight or tomorrow, so his ability to work is affected. This is a police matter, not a matter for twitter

It's a serious accusation, correct, but it's also one that's hard to prove either way. Her word against his/theirs. And that's why a lot of these assaults go unreported. It's hard to prove then and now.
    We don't know the full story and I hope people better qualified than us will look into it. But sadly for Enzo, it means Enzo's name has been ruined and as has been said elsewhere before, the name gets out when accused but if found innocent it rarely gets publicity.

We'll know more if WWE release a statement

• Registered Users Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Sirsok wrote: »
    Enzo Amore is a piece of **** human being. No if, ands, or buts. I wanna slap the **** outta that little bitch"

"Enzo Amore can ****ing choke why is this guy still employed"

"Enzo Amore can **** right off, and so can the people whose first instinct is to be like "Hmm doesn't sound like the Enzo I know from TV and Instagram, I am very intelligent"

These are three tweets from people on the subject, his brand is damaged because of her accusations. He will probably not be on tv tonight or tomorrow, so his ability to work is affected. This is a police matter, not a matter for twitter

He should be taking immediate legal action if there's no truth to it.

• Advertisement

No one has any compulsion to believe her, but no need to try and discredit her account either. A lot of people didn't go to the police over Saville or Weinstein but it would appear there was illegality involved. There could be a lot of reasons why she had difficulty going forward. Here's a tweet from someone I read on her:
    "This girl loves cocaine, and wants money for her nude, and she’s supposed to be the rape victim of Enzo. That’s how much credibility she’s lost to the point the police will just call the mental hospital again. Even IF she’s telling the truth, why do all this? Just saying."

There's someone trying to discredit her reputation and querying her motives even if she was raped.

The woman may be lying...or she may not. We don't know the facts so no need to make judgement calls on it. Maybe this person is more dishonest than a Tory politician but such people can still be raped or sexually assaulted.

I'd add that I don't think Enzo should be called names either. He's entitled to a presumption of innocence.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Twitter is not a suitable place to discuss attacks, the interactions people actually have must be very confusing at times.

Only have to look at the Ched Evans case to see how messed up these interactions can be for people on both sides.

A man who ended up in prison before released and found not quilty in a retrial. A woman who never accused anyone of rape is put through her own hell of trials and retrials, abuse on social media ever since. It appears the prosecution decided there was a case to answer. Her sex life ended up part of the trial. Awful stuff all round.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Sirsok

If you can go to twitter, you can go to the police. An investigation should occur and a judgement to be made. If you dont think that, and believe she is right to go public, then then judicial system needs to change.

I am not defending either, I am merely saying the process of trial by twitter is seriously flawed. Literally anyone can come forward and claim what they like.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

DM_7 wrote: »
    Twitter is not a suitable place to discuss attacks, the interactions people actually have must be very confusing at times.

Only have to look at the Ched Evans case to see how messed up these interactions can be for people on both sides.

A man who ended up in prison before released and found not quilty in a retrial. A woman who never accused anyone of rape is put through her own hell of trials and retrials, abuse on social media ever since. It appears the prosecution decided there was a case to answer. Her sex life ended up part of the trial. Awful stuff all round.

I feel like it got undercovered just how badly that all went. Her life was ruined, and so was his reputation. And in the end if you study the case, it is basically impossible to know what really happened. Justice for noone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

Not right to call someone names when they are making a serious accusation of rape. This almost instinctive reaction of victim blaming is one of the reasons celebrities feel they can act with impunity, and why many genuine victims are afraid to come forward in case they suffer a backlash.

He is entitled to be considered innocent until proven guilty, but likewise she should be afforded basic courtesy. Not like anyone here knows the full facts. Bringing up that she allegedly faked a pregnancy with an ex - sounds like people are trawling through her history to try to find reasons to discredit her.

If someone with little credibility or with a track record of lying made an accusation that Enzo, say, mugged her, would it be ok to question the veracity of it then?

It's a grey area. You can offer concerns about the legitimacy of a story without calling someone a nutter or a liar.

Monokne wrote: »
    If someone with little credibility or with a track record of lying made an accusation that Enzo, say, mugged her, would it be ok to question the veracity of it then?

It's a grey area. You can offer concerns about the legitimacy of a story without calling someone a nutter or a liar.

Nothing wrong with questioning the veracity of an accusation. Like I said, people are entitled to be considered innocent until proven guilty. It's when judgement calls are made that concern me. I'm seeing that happening to both at the minute. Some are calling her a liar and saying the whole thing should be dismissed, others are saying he's a rapist and calling him names. All of these are judgement calls without any of the full facts. The police need to look into it and decide if it's something worth pursuing. In the meantime I think the approach should be to reserve judgement until more information is known.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Stories popping up today about a woman claiming that Enzo allegedly raping her.

https://www.fightful.com/enzo-amore-accused-rape

Being accused is bad enough in this climate. The woman in question seems a bit... Out there... as you will read.

Who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

For both of there sakes,,hope there is nothing in this.

Enzo better lawyer up, for now can see the belt been taken of him asap.

True.
    Expect him to lose it tonight or tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

• Advertisement

That was fast.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Shows how serious it is when he was suspended.

Did he not know about the investigation, I expect the WWE will be very annoyed if he kept it from them?

People need to spend some time looking up why female victims often don’t report assaults before commenting on people’s motivations.

Take a picture and frame this if you like but I 100% agree with everything Mr Nice Guy has said here.

Enzo has been suspended.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

DM_7 wrote: »
    Shows how serious it is when he was suspended.

Did he not know about the investigation, I expect the WWE will be very annoyed if he kept it from them?

I think it falls under their zero tolerance policy to abuse domestic or otherwise.....police possibly involved so.

Curious to see how it's handled tonight. They may just not mention it until 205 Live or wait til next week to give them time to assess.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

205 is a bit cursed, isn't it? Neville taking his ball. Swann domestic abuse the week before a title match and now Enzo's rape allegation.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

WWE feels like a busting powder keg of sexual harassment allegations. I half wonder if this goes in anyway mainstream (and it might givdnntheyve suspended him, which will be seen as a proof of guilt by some), will that powder keg actually ignite.

Police report has been filed, Enzo suspended, standard procedure, this is still he said/she said.

• Advertisement

Police report has been filed, Enzo suspended, standard procedure, this is still he said/she said.

So first she should go to the police. Then she does, and WWE responds, and it’s still bogus and she’s a lunatic making up rumours?

Do you think you might have an issue with victim blaming by any chance?

Advertisement