Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enzo Amore thread

Options

Comments

It's a little bit crap that all I have to do is publicly state 'Bobby Roode/Randy Orton/etc. raped me' and as far as anyone is concerned he's a rapist. He's pulled from TV, his merchandise will likely disappear, etc. and the chap might not have done a thing wrong.

Should be severe consequences for this kinda stuff. Even if he did do it, i'd at least like if this kinda stuff was kept quiet until he was actually found guilty of it. He'll have a hard time coming back from this. I doubt he'll recover, even if he is innocent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

You have a serious issue, that's for sure. Anyone can file a police report, doesn't make Enzo guilty.

Don't believe in investigating something first no?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

But she did the thing you said she should do and she’s still every name under the sun? If you actually believe in due process, you’ll let the police do their job and reserve judgement on all parties until then. You’ll notice I haven’t slated Enzo, so that’s possible.

She should have reported it in October when it happened not today after twitter telling her to. Anyway, see how it goes. If Enzo is guilty of course he should get what's coming to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Sirsok

I believe shaming on social media is a dangerous slippery slope, realistically it can very well lead to the death of someone who has been trialed by the internet.

I dont understand or pretend to understand the motivations of a rape victim, and I cant imagine the suffering of a genuine case, I just think using twitter as a means to disclose your suffering is dangerous in the long run.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,293 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Is Otunga still suspended from his split from Jennifer Hudson which ended with her getting a protection order against him alleging he was physical with her.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Is Otunga still suspended from his split from Jennifer Hudson which ended with her getting a protection order against him alleging he was physical with her.

She dropped the protection order a couple of months ago and he has custody of their son now.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Well he's apparently part of the 25th anniversary raw pre show, so it would appear not.

I think there’s a valid argument to be had over whether it’s wise or helpful for victims to post accounts on social media.

It’s just when name-calling comes into play when it’s clear to see there’s a blatant attempt by accused parties to discredit the accuser (which, by the way, is also taking place away from the investigation...why isn’t that just as wrong?! Because a man is doing it? Because Enzo is famous?)...questions need to be asked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Stories popping up today about a woman claiming that Enzo allegedly raping her.

https://www.fightful.com/enzo-amore-accused-rape

Being accused is bad enough in this climate. The woman in question seems a bit... Out there... as you will read.

Who knows.

She is clearly trying to jump on the #metoo bandwagon. Faked a pregnancy to trap an ex-boyfriend. Claimed to spend 45 day in a mental hospital, but her social activities show out and about on the days she claimed to be in.

They need to start throwing the book at false accusers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

leggo wrote: »
    I think there’s a valid argument to be had over whether it’s wise or helpful for victims to post accounts on social media.

It’s just when name-calling comes into play when it’s clear to see there’s a blatant attempt by accused parties to discredit the accuser (which, by the way, is also taking place away from the investigation...why isn’t that just as wrong?! Because a man is doing it? Because Enzo is famous?)...questions need to be asked.

To be fair if you were accused wrongly youd be trying to discredit the accuser too.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    To be fair if you were accused wrongly youd be trying to discredit the accuser too.

For sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    She is clearly trying to jump on the #metoo bandwagon. Faked a pregnancy to trap an ex-boyfriend. Claimed to spend 45 day in a mental hospital, but her social activities show out and about on the days she claimed to be in.

They need to start throwing the book at false accusers.

Totally agree.
    She should face prison time if it's proven it's all lies. Which if I am to be honest sounds like it's all in her head.

Guess we'll find out in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Wow so looks like its been under investigation for a long time and only coming out now

https://twitter.com/WONF4W/status/955585663910498304

Uh oh. That's new.

Ricochet to be the new cruiserweight champ?

Do you really think so? Like realistically...I'm trying to put myself into the shoes of someone who's wrongly had this accusation levelled at them, my first step would be when DMs and whatnot with my friends started flying around, directly approaching the woman in question and talking to her (ideally in writing or recorded). I'd first try determine what she felt happened in case she perceived something differently to me and there was wires crossed, in case god forbid I was in a grey area and actually had done something to upset her!

I'd also be thinking of any legal consequences if she did make it legal and trying to gently get her - because both she and I would know for a fact that it was untrue and it's very difficult to lie to someone under those circumstances - to admit that the accusations were false. Then I'd be proactive and seek my own legal counsel to head off any accusations before they start, I'd consider a civil case of my own for damage to my good name if the solicitor thought it was a good idea because I'd be privately fuming. I'd also fully cooperate with any investigation that followed because I knew I had nothing to hide. Depending on the specifics of the situation, I may even tell my employer if I'm in the limelight so they're not caught off guard either. And I'd sleep soundly knowing that I could prove as much because the law says she has to prove an accusation and I know that's impossible because it didn't happen. I'd continue life as normal and show I had nothing to hide, over time people would see that and it'd go away.

What I absolutely wouldn't do is have a middleman try and determine if she's "cool" and going to speak about something vague that happened or not. I also wouldn't try attack her publicly through said middleman because it's a terrible look, no matter how frustrated and angry I was, you look like you've something to hide and are going on the offensive when there's a question mark over you.

sky88 wrote: »
    Wow so looks like its been under investigation for a long time and only coming out now

https://twitter.com/WONF4W/status/955585663910498304

Okay, so now she's literally done everything posters have asked of her.

Are we going to see anyone back down over slating her publicly because they themselves were ignorant of the facts?

Leggo, you need to relax.

I’m totally relaxed man, I’m in bed waiting for Raw after live tweeting loads of class Raw moments. But my level of relaxation doesn’t stop it being total bollocks that days after it gets pointed out on this forum that accused men get believed and accusing women get trashed, that exact thing happens. And then as the facts start to come out, all of the reasons that people trashed the woman to begin with get stripped away piece by piece, but the points people made to begin with are still allowed hang there unchallenged and unretracted...

This is why there’s a problem. This is why #MeToo is happening. This is why victims don’t report and bad guys can get away with horrible things for years.

Do you need a hand getting off your high horse? Wait and see how it plays out before you put Enzo in a noose.

• Advertisement

I’m totally relaxed man, I’m in bed waiting for Raw after live tweeting loads of class Raw moments. But my level of relaxation doesn’t stop it being total bollocks that days after it gets pointed out on this forum that accused men get believed and accusing women get trashed, that exact thing happens. And then as the facts start to come out, all of the reasons that people trashed the woman to begin with get stripped away piece by piece, but the points people made to begin with are still allowed hang there unchallenged and unretracted...

This is why there’s a problem. This is why #MeToo is happening. This is why victims don’t report and bad guys can get away with horrible things for years.

You also realise that theres two sides here... right....

"Investigation" that's the key word here.

Where have I slated Enzo? Quote me where I’ve said one negative thing about Enzo. I’ll wait...

Where have I slated Enzo? Quote me where I’ve said one negative thing about Enzo. I’ll wait...

Wait till after Raw, relax and have fun for a few hours. Saving the world can wait.

Have i slated anyone..... your one sided moral crudasde is stomach churning

• Registered Users Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Lord TSC wrote: »
    WWE feels like a busting powder keg of sexual harassment allegations. I half wonder if this goes in anyway mainstream (and it might givdnntheyve suspended him, which will be seen as a proof of guilt by some), will that powder keg actually ignite.

Yeah for sure, hope I am wrong obviously, but would not be surprised if we hear some horror stories over next few months.:(

Have i slated anyone..... your one sided moral crudasde is stomach churning

What? Who said you slated anyone?

If you're determined to argue with me, will you actually argue with the words I said and not stuff you're imagining I said? I haven't slated Enzo, you said "there are two sides" like I wasn't taking his side into account when I said this a couple hours ago...
    If you actually believe in due process, you’ll let the police do their job and reserve judgement on all parties until then. You’ll notice I haven’t slated Enzo, so that’s possible.

Now Jerichoholic is making that same point himself because his argument has been stripped away when he started like this before he waited for the facts to come out:
    Enzo's been accused of rape... by a complete lunatic. I don't believe it for a second.
    She also faked a pregnancy on an ex boyfriend, but I suppose that doesn't matter either.
    It's a very serious accusation, but not serious enough to go to the police with in October, still hasn't by the way.

She did. You just didn't know that.
    She should have reported it in October when it happened not today after twitter telling her to.

Again, she did. You just didn't know that. And when you learned it...
    Uh oh. That's new.

Then you started talking about booking 205 Live like that matters.

Have a bit of class and dignity and just admit you were wrong dude.

Nobody knew any of that at the time. What do you want me to do about it, and why do you care?

Nobody knew any of that at the time. What do you want me to do about it, and why do you care?

Just learn a lesson and don't slate the next woman who makes a sexual assault claim against someone famous you like before you know the full facts. You can see now that you can look like a fool in minutes. If you don't care about sexual assault and the societal bias that leads to women having to suffer in silence, maybe you'll at least care about that. Cheers. Enjoy Raw.

• Advertisement

Nobody knows the full facts, it's being investigated. I just don't believe her yet since she's lied before for revenge.

Advertisement