Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings [Mod Note in Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭PLOPS

Og81 wrote: »
    You tell me? You have said he should be incarcerated I asked for what?

I said he shouldn't have been shot, but jailed for any criminality he was involved in. I cannot say exactly what crimes he committed, but lets no pretend he was an upstanding citizen. Did he have a job may I ask?

The innocent taxi driver? Eddie who provided his own car for the regency shooters to leave st Vincent’s GAA club in? Or innocent Clive who was found to have €1 million euro cash and 342k in a bank lodgement.

His Hats and scarves must be moncler

I hadn't heard any of that. Then both were clearly involved, i only base opinions on media reports.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Og81

PLOPS wrote: »
    I hadn't heard any of that. Then both were clearly involved, i only base opinions on media reports.

You haven’t heard that hahah selective in what you hear then but sure we’ve only a few more days to wait and Fox will be exposed and a lot of red faces will appear

I said he shouldn't have been shot, but jailed for any criminality he was involved in. I cannot say exactly what crimes he committed, but lets no pretend he was an upstanding citizen. Did he have a job may I ask?

What criminality is what I’m asking?

• Advertisement

So you think I was aware of the eccentricities of the allegations made against the Taxi driver and pretended he was innocent?

Also, are we really going to pretend Byrne wasn't a drug dealer or at least involved at some level in drugs? Are you going to pretend he was a normal member of society and contributing to daily life as a citizen, and the Garda tergeted him for no reason?

So you think I was aware of the eccentricities of the allegations made against the Taxi driver and pretended he was innocent?

Also, are we really going to pretend Byrne wasn't a drug dealer or at least involved at some level in drugs? Are you going to pretend he was a normal member of society and contributing to daily life as a citizen, and the Garda tergeted him for no reason?

I’m not pretending anything. You said he should be in prison I asked for what that’s all?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,171 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

well it is definitely crazy i'll give you that.

Really? what part do you reckon is crazy?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,348 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Really? what part do you reckon is crazy?

The whole having enough evidence to actually convict them part. Arresting them otherwise is pointless.and then the whole finding the pair of them. No extradition treat with Dubai so best of luck catching Daniel on his occasional trips home assuming he still makes them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,171 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

The whole having enough evidence to actually convict them part. Arresting them otherwise is pointless.and then the whole finding the pair of them. No extradition treat with Dubai so best of luck catching Daniel on his occasional trips home assuming he still makes them.

They are both wanted for questioning for other matters. As for dubai, Danny is long gone from there.

I’m not pretending anything. You said he should be in prison I asked for what that’s all?

for being a drug dealer

for being a drug dealer

But how does anyone know he sells drugs? There is no proof.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭6541

And there will be no proof as he got shot before the law could prove it. The Byrne family are criminals - This is proven in courts of law and is a matter of public record. CAB brought successful prosecution against them.

6541 wrote: »
    And there will be no proof as he got shot before the law could prove it. The Byrne family are criminals - This is proven in courts of law and is a matter of public record. CAB brought successful prosecution against them.

Action was never started against Dots. Action was started 7 months after his death.

That's why we have the verdict "Beyond reasonable doubt".

Lets not pretend he was an innocent person. He didn't work and had a fairly lavish lifestyle. I think we have enough proof to say he was involved in some criminal activity. You want the record put straight that the Hutch's aren't deserving of the "Innocent family" tag, well you need to accept Byrne was a criminal and had ties to fairly dubious characters.

Action was never started against Dots. Action was started 7 months after his death.

Yes - that is what my post said - he got shot, the rest of his family are criminals - that is a proven fact in an Irish court. Sorry lad.

6541 wrote: »
    Yes - that is what my post said - he got shot, the rest of his family are criminals - that is a proven fact in an Irish court. Sorry lad.

So grand his family are criminal. Not dots I’m happy with that.

If that is a comfort blanket to you then no problem.

Og81 wrote:

Was he involved with criminality?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭jim-mcdee

If the laws were enforced we wouldnt have half the problem. Seen loads breaking minor laws in front of gards and not a word said to them....running red lights, no lights on bike etc. When people get away with little things it builds a culture. i dont mean dishing out fines left righ and center. but a, hey lads, you cant be doing that, i know what your up to there, makes people realise that there are actually laws in this country. thats without even going into the lads breaking bail and nothing being done.

Was he involved with criminality?

No.

No.

What was he?

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭spider baby 172

The way i see it is, between these two factions warring against each other has led to the deaths of innocent people. They both seem to think they are moral compasses and accuse the other side as being "Rats" as if thats the worst thing anyone can be, failing to see that having people murdered is worse. While the Hutch side seems to have the more sympathy with the public because they are taking more casualties, both sides are scum and they fail to see that.

The Kinihan side seems to be very upset about the killing of David Byrne, nearly making him out to be a bastion of our society who was brutally slain for no reason. In one Twitter post discussing the picture being used of Gary Hutch laying dead someone justified all the killing with a photo of David Byrne and the title "That's why" under it. I just wish we had a court system to lock all these up for a considerable amount of time.

there is still a major problem with cocaine use in our society and the money is feeding these parasites. Its become acceptable to do coke now and its worse now than it ever has been.

sorry to bring it back.

great post. I personally don't believe David Byrne deserved to be killed, I believe he was involved with drugs and associated with some serious criminals, but he didn't deserve what happened, he wasn't the target.
    With this being said the Kinahans / Byrnes seem to believe his life is worth countless others, because he was killed it gives them a license to kill whoever they want, which is crazy. The Hutches gain sympathy because even the innocent ones aint safe. not all Hutches are criminals, and even if they are criminals it doesn't mean they deserve to be killed just because Daniel Kinahan or Liam Byrne or Jaws Byrne have an insatiable thirst for blood. They have ruined the North Inner City, made people afraid to poke their heads outside their front door, which will always make them the villans in my opinion, and more than anything else, they really don't care

The innocent taxi driver? Eddie who provided his own car for the regency shooters to leave st Vincent’s GAA club in? Or innocent Clive who was found to have €1 million euro cash and 342k in a bank lodgement.

His Hats and scarves must be moncler

Does that automatically mean they deserve to be shot dead in or outside their home??

See this mediation meeting that took place. Please tell me where it happened when?

we were never told that, but there is no proof that a meeting didn't happen either. even on that shockingly lopsided E-Book, Blood feud, it stated that a meeting did take place to come to an arrangement so that Gary could be safe. The general belief is that the Monk and Christy senior came to an agreement, money was exchanged, and Daniel went back on the agreement and killed Gary anyway

With what exactly? Would be nice to see how you can justify yourself.

Actually, when i said David Byrne deserves to be where he is right now, I was wrong.
    Nobody deserves to be shot dead, but he deserved to be incarcerated until he wasn't a danger to society.
    sorry to bring it back.

great post. I personally don't believe David Byrne deserved to be killed, I believe he was involved with drugs and associated with some serious criminals, but he didn't deserve what happened, he wasn't the target.
    With this being said the Kinahans / Byrnes seem to believe his life is worth countless others, because he was killed it gives them a license to kill whoever they want, which is crazy. The Hutches gain sympathy because even the innocent ones aint safe. not all Hutches are criminals, and even if they are criminals it doesn't mean they deserve to be killed just because Daniel Kinahan or Liam Byrne or Jaws Byrne have an insatiable thirst for blood. They have ruined the North Inner City, made people afraid to poke their heads outside their front door, which will always make them the villans in my opinion, and more than anything else, they really don't care

In my opinion nobody deserves to be shot, regardless of what they have done. Especially from another criminal with a gun, whatever about a Court sentencing someone to death at least there was a trial. I think throwing these lads in prison for a very long period is worse than a death sentence too.

I don't have sympathy for any of the criminals shot though, they knew the life the signed up for. Anthony Campbell, now there was a poor young lad in work and shot dead, I cannot fathom how his killers did what they did. His mother and Father were robbed of a son for no other reason that he would be a witness. I have thought about him every now and then and think how unlucky he was, and I have no relation to him. I wish his family had the justice they deserved.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Yeah, but come on! Drug dealers in betrayal shocker. You make out that after a deal is struck it can't be gone back on? These are drug dealers and murderers, their moral compasses aren't pointing in the right direction. Its irrelevant who the public have sympathy for, in fact i don't even think that exists for the Hutch's. Maybe the innocent Taxi Driver, people would feel sorry for him, but the rest? there comes a point in life when you have to accept the road you have gone down, 'lie with dogs, don't be shocked when you get fleas'.

I was merely responding to a poster who suggested that the Hutches have more sympathy because more people on their side have been killed in this feud. From talking to people about it and just general chatter, most people I know who've taken that stance aren't sympathetic to the Hutches because of the death toll being slanted towards their side, but because they believe the reports suggesting that Daniel Kinahan had Gary Hutch murdered after his people shook hands with The Monk and promised not to do so.

Again, it's not my own opinion because I'm very wary of journalists with anonymous claims, I'm merely pointing out that in my view, the public sympathy towards the Hutches isn't down to them having lost more people to this feud, but rather down to the widespread belief that the Kinahans "started" it unprovoked, while the Regency was a response to an unjustified provocation. I'm not saying I agree, merely stating that this seems to be the most popular public belief about the feud - neither side are "the good guys", but the Kinahans acted brutally and without provocation while the Regency was the reaction of a grieving family to an unjustified act against one of their own.

I was merely responding to a poster who suggested that the Hutches have more sympathy because more people on their side have been killed in this feud. From talking to people about it and just general chatter, most people I know who've taken that stance aren't sympathetic to the Hutches because of the death toll being slanted towards their side, but because they believe the reports suggesting that Daniel Kinahan had Gary Hutch murdered after his people shook hands with The Monk and promised not to do so.

Again, it's not my own opinion because I'm very wary of journalists with anonymous claims, I'm merely pointing out that in my view, the public sympathy towards the Hutches isn't down to them having lost more people to this feud, but rather down to the widespread belief that the Kinahans "started" it unprovoked, while the Regency was a response to an unjustified provocation. I'm not saying I agree, merely stating that this seems to be the most popular public belief about the feud - neither side are "the good guys", but the Kinahans acted brutally and without provocation while the Regency was the reaction of a grieving family to an unjustified act against one of their own.

I 100% agree with you, and it was me who had said the Hutches seemed to have more public sympathy.

The more i think about it, Gary Hutch was a suspect in a few murders, 'Sympathy' is stretching it, i think the public don't really care once its just criminals involved.

• Advertisement

In my opinion nobody deserves to be shot, regardless of what they have done. Especially from another criminal with a gun, whatever about a Court sentencing someone to death at least there was a trial. I think throwing these lads in prison for a very long period is worse than a death sentence too.

I don't have sympathy for any of the criminals shot though, they knew the life the signed up for. Anthony Campbell, now there was a poor young lad in work and shot dead, I cannot fathom how his killers did what they did. His mother and Father were robbed of a son for no other reason that he would be a witness. I have thought about him every now and then and think how unlucky he was, and I have no relation to him. I wish his family had the justice they deserved.

Spot on, that was a shocker. Not to forget the 2 innocents killed in this feud. They are not mentioned enough. I think its fair to say the Kinahans / Byrnes have not lost a minutes sleep over those 2 killings.
    Obviously the term "innocent" is thrown around a bit too much in this feud, as a lot of the players have some criminal history in some form or fashion, but for me, if their not active in the feud, then its just a cheap shot and below the belt to kill them, one side trying to pad the numbers to look more deadly. e.g Noel Kirwan, Kane McCormack, Gareth Hutch, Derek Hutch, Clive Staunton, possibly others

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement