Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings [Mod Note in Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Lehiff

Machina wrote: »
    Same as your type then.

What type would that be then pal???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Machina

Lehiff wrote: »
    What type would that be then pal???

People that call for extreme state intervention including eugenics. Your numbers are on the rise.

People that call for extreme state intervention including eugenics. Your numbers are on the rise.

They are indeed yeah.This website is full of them.

More extreme than me also.
    I see posters calling for sterilisation of people because they are on the dole Haha.

Dirty junkies that bring misery wherever they go shouldnt be allowed have children. Funny things if you gave them 500 euro they'd q around the corner for sterilisation.

They are indeed yeah.This website is full of them.

More extreme than me also.
    I see posters calling for sterilisation of people because they are on the dole Haha.

Dirty junkies that bring misery wherever they go shouldnt be allowed have children.

Any more opinions you'd like to share? Let it all out.

Any more opinions you'd like to share? Let it all out.

Can you give me one good reason why you think it's ok for heroin addicts to have children?

Do you think its humane for a child to come out of the womb addicted to heroin or methadone and suffering withdrawals?

• Advertisement

Can you give me one good reason why you think it's ok for heroin addicts to have children?

Do you think its humane for a child to come out of the womb addicted to heroin or methadone and suffering withdrawals?

I don't think it's okay. I wish I had the answer but, like everyone else, I don't.

I just find these calls for state sterilisation, or worse, quite remarkable. Our government cannot even maintain an accurate electoral register and yet people would like to see them create an administrative system to oversee the denial, or termination, of human life. You must have great faith in your local TD.

I don't think it's okay. I wish I had the answer but, like everyone else, I don't.

I just find these calls for state sterilisation, or worse, quite remarkable. Our government cannot even maintain an accurate electoral register and yet people would like to see them create an administrative system to oversee the denial, or termination, of human life. You must have great faith in your local TD.

It's been done in the states.im not for forced sterilisation but I think there should be something in place that if a heroin addict wishes to be sterilised they can,maybe with a little cash incentive as a sweetener. I'm sure in the long run it would be a good thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭El_Bee

What's your stance on abortion?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,117 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

El_Bee wrote: »
    Poor impulse control and crappy parenting don't help.

Throw in the fact that many babies were born addicted and you have a perfect storm.

I see some of these ladies and gents around that I knew when they were at school and it astonishes me they are still alive, the abuse their bodies have taken before and after birth.

It's been done in the states.im not for forced sterilisation but I think there should be something in place that if a heroin addict wishes to be sterilised they can,maybe with a little cash incentive as a sweetener. I'm sure in the long run it would be a good thing.

Offering cash to someone that's likely in desperate need of cash in exchange for a medical procedure is the type of thing I'm concerned about.

You, and all of these other people calling for this stuff, how does it work? What are the safeguards that have to be negotiated? Have you ever actually thought about how it might be implemented?

I was teasing you to begin with, but I'll take your opinions at face value. How would it work?

I'm sorry to personalise the issue, but I've smoked heroin before. Many times. My older brother found out and kicked the living crap out of me and that was the end of it. Some of the guys weren't so lucky. I can think of two of them now and they're in bad shape. They've no kids (that I know of). Should they be taken off the street and have their nuts cracked? Is it that simple. They didn't have a big brother to whip them into shape and that's how fine the margins are?

Sorry for rambling but I'm trying avoid my gut reaction against what you're saying and trying instead to give it serious thought.

How does it work in America?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Mod

Thread closed for review.

Mod

Lehiff and Machina, dont post in this thread again.

@Everyone else; keep things civil, dont mention names as per mod warning on post #1, and stay on topic.

Declarations people should be sterilised are hyperbole and can be left out of the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭El_Bee

spurious wrote: »
    Throw in the fact that many babies were born addicted and you have a perfect storm.

I see some of these ladies and gents around that I knew when they were at school and it astonishes me they are still alive, the abuse their bodies have taken before and after birth.

I've heard of Crack babies in the States but you don't hear much about it over here.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Bravestaar

VW 1 wrote: »
    Nobody grows up wanting to be a junkie, people are a product of their social circumstances and what they've been exposed to in life. With time these attitudes and behaviours can shift and change.

Not everybody with such social circumstances end up a drug addict. They make choices.

I don't know why people make excuses for others who chose that way of life.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭Fan of Netflix

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Kauto

I've heard of Crack babies in the States but you don't hear much about it over here.

Its a myth. No such thing as crack babies. Numerous studies back this up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

Kauto wrote: »
    Its a myth. No such thing as crack babies. Numerous studies back this up.

There is such a thing as a baby born with hep c because of her junkie mother. The same mother who ran off to England when the baby was 6 months old and left her here. And came back 6 years later with another 2 kids.

I fcuking despise junkies.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I've never heard of them closing off O'Connell Street before, Was it a fight that continued up the road?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭Hoboo

This thread is like a knitting group sometimes, come and talk ****e about any topic you like until someone gets shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭MrFresh

Suckit wrote: »
    I've never heard of them closing off O'Connell Street before, Was it a fight that continued up the road?

Wasn't there a shooting a few years back where a good few streets had to be closed off because there was some kind of chase involved?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Suckit wrote: »

It was, but the guy with the knife was also injured and took off. Some of the marked off areas are probably for collection of evidence from him.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Fiftyfilthy

Hoboo wrote: »
    This thread is like a knitting group sometimes, come and talk ****e about any topic you like until someone gets shot.

Haha

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭rondog

Junkies are the worst form of vermin scum on the planet.
    They are zombies without feelings and their sole existence is gear at the expense of family friends and even their own children.

If you take that first smoke of heroin or stick a needle in your arm you know full well the consequences-HIV,Hepatitis,addiction,Overdose.
    So,i have no pity for anyone ,regardless of their past life, who takes heroin.
    I work in the city centre and every single day i see junkies robbing, bumming money and smokes,drinking in the street and puking all over the place.

For all the bleeding hearts who justify these junkies id love to see you after they nicked your kids iphone,held a syringe up to your mothers neck.

The only good junkie is a dead one.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,523 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

rondog wrote: »
    They are zombies without feelings and their sole existence is gear at the expense of family friends and even their own children.

If you take that first smoke of heroin or stick a needle in your arm you know full well the consequences-HIV,Hepatitis,addiction,Overdose.
    I work in the city centre and every single day i see junkies robbing, bumming money and smokes,drinking in the street and puking all over the place.

For all the bleeding hearts who justify these junkies id love to see you after they nicked your kids iphone,held a syringe up to your mothers neck.

It may be your experience of a junkie but does not mean its the same for all junkies

A member of my family was a junkie and died as a result he was only 21 years old and never robbed anyone or caused anyone but himself harm ,

Yes he made an stupid awful decision and one he regretted and tried to overcome until the day he died , He killed himself rather than be a junkie ,

I understand people have had different experience's of junkies and they can be horrific and some are horrible people but like anything in life nothing is black and white

I'm not saying your experiences are not true or anything like that but not everyone is like that ,

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

I know of two kids who were born junkies. And that's in a small rural town. One of the kids has obvious learning difficulties as a result of his mother shooting up while pregnant.

So yeah, that sh1t happens here. :(

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

In relation to the raids earlier, were there any arrests or was it just goods recovered?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,153 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    In relation to the raids earlier, were there any arrests or was it just goods recovered?

unless they found drugs or guns i can't imagine what they would arrest anybody for. i doubt he is stupid enough to keep that in his own house.

rondog wrote: »

It may be your experience of a junkie but does not mean its the same for all junkies

A member of my family was a junkie and died as a result he was only 21 years old and never robbed anyone or caused anyone but himself harm ,

Yes he made an stupid awful decision and one he regretted and tried to overcome until the day he died , He killed himself rather than be a junkie ,

I understand people have had different experience's of junkies and they can be horrific and some are horrible people but like anything in life nothing is black and white

I'm not saying your experiences are not true or anything like that but not everyone is like that ,
    BattleCorp wrote: »
    I know of two kids who were born junkies. And that's in a small rural town. One of the kids has obvious learning difficulties as a result of his mother shooting up while pregnant.

So yeah, that sh1t happens here. :(

Mod

Lads; get back on topic and/or start a new thread for the above.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,262 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Baggly wrote: »
    Mod

Lads; get back on topic and/or start a new thread for the above.

Junkies: The Final Solution.

Might be a thread with its own headaches.

• Advertisement

Danzy wrote: »
    Junkies: The Final Solution.

Might be a thread with its own headaches.

300px-Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement