Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings [Mod Note in Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Really wish this crap would stop.
    People will be terrified to go outside now. Working beside Coolock at the moment and people look genuinely worried.
    We as a country spent hundreds of years fighting invaders and dying and now young lads are fighting each other over stupid crap.
    Makes me want to leave this country for the sake of my own kids.
    It’s terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭White lighting

People will be terrified to go outside now. Working beside Coolock at the moment and people look genuinely worried.
    We as a country spent hundreds of years fighting invaders and dying and now young lads are fighting each other over stupid crap.
    It’s terrible.

Where do you move? Everywhere in the world is probably just as bad. All other English speaking ones anyway

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭The Enbalmer

It’s terrible.

Wait ten years..you wont recognise the country!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭Fan of Netflix

Telly wrote: »
    He was openly named in the papers
    He was never named as Mr Big and there were stories about Mr Big for many years in the papers.

Where do you move? Everywhere in the world is probably just as bad. All other English speaking ones anyway

Iceland or something. Pretty low crime there. Anywhere for the sake of my kids.
    It’s just so horrible what has happened to our beautiful isle.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

El_Bee wrote: »
    I've never heard of these Taliban Bros who were they? Also why didnt they just get a new Jury?

https://m.herald.ie/news/feared-mr-big-henchman-is-back-on-streets-28964256.html

Iceland or something. Pretty low crime there. Anywhere for the sake of my kids.
    It’s just so horrible what has happened to our beautiful isle.
    This island has always been a violent place. At least it will hopefully never be as bad as it was back in the famine days. Or the troubles, civil war, war of independence, nine years war, viking raids, cromwell, numerous rebellions, irish confederate wars etc.

We should count ourselves lucky!

Exactly. America is a much grimer place. And England is as bad if not worse, and will likely get even worse in the coming years. Although the Irish English drugs trade is heavily connected.

It’s terrible.
    I wouldn't leave the country, just probably avoid the likes of Coolock, Darndale, parts of Blanch and a few other places. Be a nightmare bringing up kids now in any of these areas. Thats why a lot of Dubs move down the country.

• Advertisement

I wouldn't leave the country, just probably avoid the likes of Coolock, Darndale, parts of Blanch and a few other places. Be a nightmare bringing up kids now in any of these areas. Thats why a lot of Dubs move down the country.

How long will it be till the bad dubs move to the country though?
    I’m in Tallaght myself and even I’m seeing how much rougher it’s getting now.
    I’m just afraid for my children’s sake. They’ll be growing up in worse time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 335 ✭✭.Charlo

With the population set to be increased by another million in the next 20 years soon enough there'll be nowhere to escape to

• Registered Users Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

This island has always been a violent place. At least it will hopefully never be as bad as it was back in the famine days. Or the troubles, civil war, war of independence, nine years war, viking raids, cromwell, numerous rebellions, irish confederate wars etc.

We should count ourselves lucky!

Ah yes, and I can go back as far as the price war.
    That was a long war and fought way back between Quinnsworth and Dunnes Stores.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭leestone

major bill wrote: »
    I'd rather not live in a country where every thicko that comes out of templemore is handed a weapon.

Thicko?

Haha maybe your the thicko?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,762 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

leestone wrote: »
    Thicko?

Or maybe *you're* the thicko?

;)

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Thicko?

cough you're cough

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

unluckers

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

.Charlo wrote: »
    With the population set to be increased by another million in the next 20 years soon enough there'll be nowhere to escape to
    Find out where our TDs are living . They will be very safe “ I’m Betting "

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

I'm also in Tallaght, do you reckon it's got much rougher? Was pretty bad in the early 90s to be fair.

Ush1 wrote: »
    I'm also in Tallaght, do you reckon it's got much rougher? Was pretty bad in the early 90s to be fair.

I live in a pretty nice estate and five year ago it was lovely. Now it’s slowly starting to fill up with trouble. Seems like everyone is paranoid about something happening.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭leestone

Or maybe *you're* the thicko?

;)

But the question remains.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Thicko?

Sorry Garda

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Tomw86

I live in a pretty nice estate and five year ago it was lovely. Now it’s slowly starting to fill up with trouble. Seems like everyone is paranoid about something happening.

You'd only be paranoid if you had done something that might come back on you IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Righteouswrong

Wonder if flashy and the Gucci boys will be at these two funerals as well

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

in the 80's ordinary decent people would get beaten up walking through dublin on a normal night. Dublin is way better now than it ever was.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

No danger of them moving down the country like mice on their own.
    Some big farmer with hands like shovels would eat them for breakfast.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 335 ✭✭.Charlo

in the 80's ordinary decent people would get beaten up walking through dublin on a normal night. Dublin is way better now than it ever was.

Still happening regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭ollkiller

Not an avid reader of it, but it's probably one of the few newspaper that is still printing and surviving into the coming years, truth sells.

Meanwhile: Times Ireland (aka Irish Times, which has gone even further left leaning recently) announced this week it's to make most editorial staff redundant
    https://www.irishtimes.com/business/media-and-marketing/times-ireland-to-make-most-editorial-staff-redundant-1.3899808

Tell that to the families of the Hillsborough victims.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Dalomanakora

It’s terrible.

I'm living and working in the area. It's a sad day when one of your customers pops in to tell you to go home a different way because he knows your route and doesn't want you walking by a crime scene.

It's quieter than usual here. Locals are all talking about it. We all know there are dealers and gangs in the area, we know who they are, but it's horrifying that our young adults are involved and getting shot dead.

Sadly not surprising though. I've seen 16-18 year olds in the area with knives stuffed down their bottoms, and large amounts of coke, obviously running for dealers.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭The Enbalmer

mgn wrote: »
    No danger of them moving down the country like mice on their own.
    Some big farmer with hands like shovels would eat them for breakfast.

They move to Dub enclaves like Clogher Head,Virginia,Gorey and other kips like that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement