Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings [Mod Note in Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭the sheriff is HERE

would anyone care to guess what is meant by

"A new approach to confronting these thugs is needed"

tolerance of "soft" drugs?
    guards given bigger guns and resources and left kick thugs faces in?
    take the heads of gangs passports and send them on a one way flights to the poorest part of Africa?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭tomofson

Someone commented on budas facebook that he set his mate up to be whacked.

I assume they are talking about mad mickey

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Rushden

tomofson wrote: »
    Someone commented on budas facebook that he set his mate up to be whacked.

I assume they are talking about mad mickey

Person in his profile pic perhaps

Rushden wrote: »
    Person in his profile pic perhaps

i was thinking tighe alright after seen the picture didnt see he set him up on FB, but was mentioned without names on twitter.

these guys are supposedly clever crims yet there FB pages are open i and even most exclusive pictures for papers come from there pages.

the sun has the pic you speak of in tomorrow paper.

lock up or delete yer FB people.

• Advertisement

One thing for sure, last nights hit-man was making sure of the kill, there was none of this, I shot him in the foot on the eight shot about it.

There seems to be some sort of message or signature about the way David Byrne and Derek Coakley Hutch were blasted in the face? No shots to the head or face last night, was that any indication that it might have been a different feud to the main one?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

One thing for sure, last nights hit-man was making sure of the kill, there was none of this, I shot him in the foot on the eight shot about it.

There seems to be some sort of message or signature about the way David Byrne and Derek Coakley Hutch were blasted in the face? No shots to the head or face last night, was that any indication that it might have been a different feud to the main one?

yes, word on the street, is reprisal for the ballymun shooting of bottlers innocent sister and his friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭tomofson

The fact there was no head shots meant they wanted him to die in pain, so they put enough rounds in his body to make sure of a kill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭BillyBobBS

yes, word on the street, is reprisal for the ballymun shooting of bottlers innocent sister and his friend.

:D Word on the street. Yo yo home boy.

I laugh out loud at the names these fools attach to themselves, The Monk, Mad Mickey etc... What a bunch of losers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

BillyBobBS wrote: »

I laugh out loud at the names these fools attach to themselves, The Monk, Mad Mickey etc... What a bunch of losers.

Paul Williams gave them all their names. Blame him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

It;s always Hutch members that get killed , do the Kinehans ever get shot ?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,486 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Can we not have one mega thread titled “guess what scumbag has been shot today”.
    Is there really a need for individual threads all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

BillyBobBS wrote: »

Astute observation BillyBobBs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

guards are stretched to the max, there's feuds within feud, feuding factions, using hitmen, from other factions, they're trying to protect lives, this is fcuking mental.

As opposed to the previous 20-odd shootings when they were omnipotent?? They can't be everywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

he was on foot!

im looking for type of gun used, smartarse.

edit, if,you,dont,like,my, posts,dont,quote,them.

Runner Registration Number: N/A
    Runner Make: NIKE
    Runner Model: Air Max

Change Of Vehicle Ownership
    Sold by Champion Sports in the last 3 months

Runners Registration Certificate
    No Runner Registration Certificate issued in the last: 3 months

Found them burnt out in Fairview Park I heard, witnesses said there were a pair of Adidas left there unattended for the past week, but they're gone now. They couldn't identify the model. :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Found them burnt out in Fairview Park I heard, witnesses said there were a pair of Adidas left there unattended for the past week, but they're gone now. They couldn't identify the model. :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

Surely you mean abandoned on the power lines ;):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,955 ✭✭✭pgj2015

would anyone care to guess what is meant by

"A new approach to confronting these thugs is needed"

maybe what they did to the scum that thought they could do what they wanted down in limerick.

This is not a negative reflection in anyway on the Guards, they can't predict when, where & who before every hit, but they have for the most part arrived 5 minutes late to most of these hits, considering the main feud is exceptionally personal, were the Guards to arrive on time to one of these events, are these loopers prepared to shoot & kill them too I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

_Brian wrote: »
    Can we not have one mega thread titled “guess what scumbag has been shot today”.
    Is there really a need for individual threads all the time.

The last theee shootings have all been discussed in here. In this one thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭baylah17

Way to go!
    Word on the street is that is best post on the thread:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Runner Colour: Black

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chrongen

I don't blame the Gardai but I do blame the courts and to a certain extent our politicians. Anyone with convictions for anything even remotely related to this feud or related to either of the main factions involved should be locked up for long enough for it to blow over. In the US they have laws to treat a gang as a criminal conspiracy, in which one only has to prove a crime by one member to charge everyone in the organisation with culpability for that - most of these guys have numerous convictions for violent, gang-related crime which begs the question why the hell aren't they already in prison?

Like the McGuire Seven?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 MurmanskRun

TallGlass wrote: »
    With the latest two shootings, only a matter of time before an innocent bystander is killed by a stray bullet.

(Multi quoting is difficult on a phone.)

I was heading towards Fairview on foot, directly across the road from the flats when I heard the gunfire. Four observations in retrospect (for I'm still a bit shook):

(a) There was no hesitation between the shots. None, whatsoever.

(b) It sounded like more than six shots, though I suppose, given the semi-subterranean location, it might've been echos.

(c) I've often heard that shots fired don't sound like they're portrayed to do in the movies. Bollocks, it sounds exactly like gunfire and it's bowel-loosening.

(d) Fair play to the Gardaí and their response time.

Now, I'm still trying to process my reaction - and like I said, I'm still shook up - because in the immediate aftermath, I was torn between legging it across the road to offer assistance and simply... legging it. For shame, I chose the latter. To be honest, I'm quite conflicted about this because essentially I made a snap decision that it was drug/feud/criminal related and not, say, a domestic gone bad.

The fact that it turned out to be another slain scumbag doesn't mitigate my reaction and I'm not liking myself much this morning :(

I was heading towards Fairview on foot, directly across the road from the flats when I heard the gunfire. Four observations in retrospect (for I'm still a bit shook):

(b) It sounded like more than six shots, though I suppose, given the semi-subterranean location, it might've been echos.

(c) I've often heard that shots fired don't sound like they're portrayed to do in the movies. Bollocks, it sounds exactly like gunfire and it's bowel-loosening.

Now, I'm still trying to process my reaction - and like I said, I'm still shook up - because in the immediate aftermath, I was torn between legging it across the road to offer assistance and simply... legging it. For shame, I chose the latter. To be honest, I'm quite conflicted about this because essentially I made a snap decision that it was drug/feud/criminal related and not, say, a domestic gone bad.

The fact that it turned out to be another slain scumbag doesn't mitigate my reaction and I'm not liking myself much this morning :(

Don't beat yourself up over it. he-insight is a great thing and nobody, nobody knows how they will react in a situation like that until it happens.

It's a natural human reaction to protect oneself I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭LENNY86

Dont be ashamed mate, them lads are absolute scum and didnt give a moments thought to any of the 4 people he put in a grave including his best mate. Let is bypass you.

It must have been a terrifying moment when you realised what was going but I dont think you have anything to feel bad about.

It was already over by then and if you had encountered the assailant making his escape as you approached he may not have been in the humour to ask you politely move out of the way.... and what if you accidently caught a glimpse of his face? Theres no fairness in this. It isnt your mother/partner/family distraught this morning over a senseless act of violence and thats something to be thankful for.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭southstar

tomofson wrote: »
    The fact there was no head shots meant they wanted him to die in pain, so they put enough rounds in his body to make sure of a kill.

How old are you ....like six..??

Would the fact the perpetrator fled on foot suggest he may have had a safe house nearby to hold up in?

Would the fact the perpetrator fled on foot suggest he may have had a safe house nearby to hold up in?

Wasnt there a car burnt out in fairview?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Just a reminder, in the last thread we banned the use of initials of people being discussed. I'd like to enforce that here also as it's headwrecking to try read and figure out.

And as usual, no speculation please.

I'm also updating the thread title.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement