Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2019

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭Wooderson

robinph wrote: »
    Family camping doesn't fill up as quick as some of the other prime areas

Cockmill 3rd or 4th to fill after Pennards/Kidney/Big Ground. Full by early afternoon Wed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

In the unlikely event of my getting through tomorrow how much is the deposit plus booking fee in sterling?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

In the unlikely event of my getting through tomorrow how much is the deposit plus booking fee in sterling?

£50.00GBP per ticket. Booking fee is paid with the remaining ticket balance in April.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Cardi B or Dua Lipa :p

Has Oasis rumours started yet

Drake?

Kylie Minogue or Diana Ross also rumoured. Madonna my preference from those.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Those two are rumoured to be playing the legends slot, it's more than likely Kylie. No way Madonna plays without headlining. Can't see her being at the festival.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,266 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Jeez when was the last time Diana Ross performed live, it must be yonks ago and reckon this will be her retirement tour anyways.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Jeez when was the last time Diana Ross performed live

Last Wednesday.

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Those two are rumoured to be playing the legends slot, it's more than likely Kylie. No way Madonna plays without headlining. Can't see her being at the festival.

I agree. And if it proves true that The Cure and Paul McCartney re headlining I'd expect a newer act alongside them rather than Madonna. Kendrick Lamar must be a possibility.

Eagles also in England that weekend and free on the Saturday so maybe they'd do the ZZ Top slot from 2016?

The Nal wrote: »
    Last Wednesday.

And finishing her tour in New York State tonight before a Vegas run.

I agree. And if it proves true that The Cure and Paul McCartney re headlining I'd expect a newer act alongside them rather than Madonna. Kendrick Lamar must be a possibility.

Eagles also in England that weekend and free on the Saturday so maybe they'd do the ZZ Top slot from 2016?
    Arctic monkeys and Stromzy look like favourites for that third slot.

The Eagles demand too much money for a headline slot let alone further down the bill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,128 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Arctic Monkeys are nailed on I reckon and after all male headliners last year I think there'll definitely be one female next year. Emily Eavis is pretty much running the show now. No chance of Stormzy or Kenrick I don't think.

Arctic monkeys and Stromzy look like favourites for that third slot.

The Eagles demand too much money for a headline slot let alone further down the bill.

Stormzy - with just one album? Can't see it, but kudos for Glasto for believing in newer acts if it happens.
    AMs - long-rumoured but a trio of The Cure, Macca & the Arctics would be as unadventurous as they'd ever had.
    Eagles - many acts happy to drop their money demands for the exposure of a Glasto slot.

MadYaker wrote: »
    Arctic Monkeys are nailed on I reckon and after all male headliners last year I think there'll definitely be one female next year. Emily Eavis is pretty much running the show now. No chance of Stormzy or Kenrick I reckon don't think.

They said in 2017 they already had two headliners for 2020. Long been chasing Fleetwood Mac so I reckon that's one of them. With two women to the forefront.

Stormzy - with just one album? Can't see it, but kudos for Glasto for believing in newer acts if it happens.
    AMs - long-rumoured but a trio of The Cure, Macca & the Arctics would be as unadventurous as they'd ever had.
    Eagles - many acts happy to drop their money demands for the exposure of a Glasto slot.
    Yeah more likely to be AM, The Cure and McCartney.

Could be subs of Stormzy, Lady Gaga and Liam Gallagher

Yeah more likely to be AM, The Cure and McCartney.

Could be subs of Stormzy, Lady Gaga and Liam Gallagher

Hopefully not. All will likely put in great sets but three returning headliners is not usual and a bit too conventional for Glasto. Has never happened before.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

Have to agree, nothing controversial about those three, something for all ages. Hardly chance childish Gambino or shock horror, Eminem?

Hopefully not. All will likely put in great sets but three returning headliners is not usual and a bit too conventional for Glasto. Has never happened before.
    True, if ever there was a year they could get away with it, it's next year though.

They had Kanye in 2015 and I'm not sure they'll book another hip hop headliner so soon. I really think there'll definitely be one female too.

They had Kanye in 2015 and I'm not sure they'll book another hip hop headliner so soon. I really think there'll definitely be one female too.

Isn't four years a fair gap though? Particularly for the most prominent music form of our era.

He was diabolical.

• Advertisement

Wooderson wrote: »
    He was diabolical.

Yeah and it was a real shame tbh. I remember watching it on TV and I really wanted him to nail it because I'm a huge fan of his music. He let his awful personality ruin it.

I could be totally wrong I'm just guessing really. When people talked about Kendrick headlining in '16 and '17 I was like nah he's not big enough but now he definitely is.

Yeah and it was a real shame tbh. I remember watching it on TV and I really wanted him to nail it because I'm a huge fan of his music. He let his awful personality ruin it.

I could be totally wrong I'm just guessing really. When people talked about Kendrick headlining in '16 and '17 I was like nah he's not big enough but now he definitely is.

Emmm. Dunno mate. He wasn’t exactly pulling up trees in Stradbally last month. Another mistake IMO.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

Best of luck today everyone, may the odds be ever in your favour :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,757 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Sick to the pit of my stomach this morning.. felt good about it yesterday, but today not so much. But hey.. as always.. best of luck all!

And for all you first timers who get tickets, if only you knew how much of an enjoyable experience you're in for!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

ok text doc with the codes open and ready for pasting, page ready, card ready..........i hate this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

I cant even open the website :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

mutley18 wrote: »
    I cant even open the website :(
    Same for me, did the site crash or is it the same for everyone?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Yeah, can't get into the website either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Can't get on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭rockatansky

Guys if youre trying on your phones turn off the wifi and use the data network.

Just got 4.

Advertisement