Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭thebusher

Sorted with 2 at 9.12 am

First time going. Always been on the bucket list.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭BabyEater

Got 2 delighted

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Sold out now, didn't manage to get any.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭bleary

Yes on since before 9 no tix, never managed to get any on this sale

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

got through to payment screen 4 times and each time it frooze up

• Registered Users Posts: 12,149 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Jesus that was brutal. I couldn't get off the holding page. Mate in the UK got all of ours though so happy daaaaaaaaaaaays :D

Edit: no confirmation email yet though....

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭sibeen99

No joy :(

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Yeah, I got 6 for our group at 9.05am. Absolutely chuffed!

Autofill was absolutely crucial as no faffing around with reg numbers etc.

I didn't get anywhere near booking page after my initial run for another group though.. it's nightmarish still!

Commisserations to anyone who missed out but like i said elsewhere, they're always resale. I've had luck before in resale.. some people have never gotten tickets in general sale, always in resale. Don't give up hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

No luck and using multiple devices with different IP addresses.

Wouldn't even let me through to the holding page just kept saying server down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,461 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

We all got sorted luckily. 9 of us and another group we hang out with there, maybe 7 or 8 of them. First time Ive seen the payment page this decade.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Well that was the least successful our combined groups have ever been in getting tickets.

I did once have to resort to the resale in April, but if I don't get anything then my streak of every Glastonbury since 1995 may finally come to an end. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,348 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Got nowhere this year. But hey, been enough years so time for others to enjoy the place. I won't bother with the resale and will make other plans.

To those who got lucky, well done. And for those going for the first time, wow, I envy you the excitement you'll feel.

My friend in London bought 24 tickets lol, once he got in once he was able to get in again no problem it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,348 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

MadYaker wrote: »
    My friend in London bought 24 tickets lol, once he got in once he was able to get in again no problem it seems.

I'll add my name to his list for 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Toast

Not a sausage with 9 people trying. The sometimes getting the holding page and sometimes getting server connection failed seemed to be related to the server you got from the pool of 4. It is meant to rotate out every 60s or so but there's a 25% you'd get the same one again after that. It seemed from what I could see at least 2 were dead for most of it.

Just from reading efests and facebook it seems that almost all the people who were successful were working in groups of 20+ demand is crazier every year and that's the best way of increasing your chances. We had 24 people all trying for eachother and when one group got tickets they focused on trying for another group and so on. It's the only way. Though it seems that when someone gets through once they get in again easily.

Just from reading efests and facebook it seems that almost all the people who were successful were working in groups of 20+ demand is crazier every year and that's the best way of increasing your chances. We had 24 people all trying for eachother and when one group got tickets they focused on trying for another group and so on. It's the only way. Though it seems that when someone gets through once they get in again easily.

Did you get sorted yerself?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Just from reading efests and facebook it seems that almost all the people who were successful were working in groups of 20+ demand is crazier every year and that's the best way of increasing your chances. We had 24 people all trying for eachother and when one group got tickets they focused on trying for another group and so on. It's the only way.
    Yep, same as.
    Though it seems that when someone gets through once they get in again easily.
    I don't know how true this is.. I've always heard the same.

But like I said, I got on at 9.05am and didn't get a sniff of a booking page after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,461 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

We had about 20 trying and only 3 of us got into the details page. I just used 1 device and got in at 9.15. Its totally random.

• Advertisement

Did you get sorted yerself?

Yeah I my friend in the UK got mine and 23 others. I didn't even get off the holding page. Still no confirmation email but he says the money is gone from his account.

I've gone from F5ing the holding page to F5ing my gmail haha

The Eavis's really should practice what they preach in terms of equality, love etc.

Long time registrations that have never managed to get tickets should be given priority. Instead the same people seem to get tickets year on year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭rockatansky

The Eavis's really should practice what they preach in terms of equality, love etc.

Long time registrations that have never managed to get tickets should be given priority. Instead the same people seem to get tickets year on year.

That's exactly what they do. Everyone has an equal chance of getting one.

Don't turn it into some sense of entitlement snobbery, the demand is simply too high for that.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I got nothing and have been going for 20+ years.

efests himself didn't get anything and he's been going for, well pretty much forever I believe.

Annoyed that I didn't get anything, but it really is about as fair a system as you can get. Yes some people won't have internet, but other than that it is basically the same chances for everyone. I thought we were going to be lucky this year as there were people in our groups trying from non UK/Ireland IP's which has worked well for me before, but still not even a sniff.

That's exactly what they do. Everyone has an equal chance of getting one.

Don't turn it into some sense of entitlement snobbery, the demand is simply too high for that.

I disagree. There should be a portion of "loyalty" tickets available to persons who have been registered for upwards of five years and log in/renew their registration details every year but who have never been.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Got them!!!!!

Waiting on confirm email.

robinph wrote: »
    I got nothing and have been going for 20+ years.

efests himself didn't get anything and he's been going for, well pretty much forever I believe.

Annoyed that I didn't get anything, but it really is about as fair a system as you can get. Yes some people won't have internet, but other than that it is basically the same chances for everyone. I thought we were going to be lucky this year as there were people in our groups trying from non UK/Ireland IP's which has worked well for me before, but still not even a sniff.

There seems to be some chat on social media that groups from certain counties got nowhere at all and that the bulk of ticket buyers successful were from the London area.

There seems to be some chat on social media that groups from certain counties got nowhere at all and that the bulk of ticket buyers successful were from the London area.

People post sh!t like that on the internet every year. Think about it. London area is the most densely populated part of the UK so of course there's going to be more successful people there compared to the rest of the UK.

The system is about as fair as it can get. Everyone has the same chance. Servers crashing and stuff like that is frustrating and I can see how people are pissed but there's not much else see tickets or glasto can do.

Still no confirmation email for me. The guy who bought my ticket has his and I was in his group of 6 so should be grand.

People post sh!t like that on the internet every year. Think about it. London area is the most densely populated part of the UK so of course there's going to be more successful people there compared to the rest of the UK.

The system is about as fair as it can get. Everyone has the same chance. Servers crashing and stuff like that is frustrating and I can see how people are pissed but there's not much else see tickets or glasto can do.

Still no confirmation email for me. The guy who bought my ticket has his and I was in his group of 6 so should be grand.

I do think some system should be brought in where those who have been many times should temporarily step aside for those who haven't been but who have remained registered with the site.

Put it this way, and just making up an example, if someone was say registered with EP but never got tickets I wouldn't have a problem with a portion of tickets being made available specifically for that group of users at my expense having been four times myself. Where demand overwhelmingly exceeds supply it's only fair.

• Advertisement

I think it's a nice idea. I don't think they'll ever do it though.

Advertisement