Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,149 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Well half of my group are actually in the UK and I don't even know them all!

Alright boys its time! Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

The best thing about groups of 20+ is usually when one person gets in they can keep going back in and getting more.

Best of luck all.

Says they're sold out

All sold out now, nothing for my group :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Decided to have a go at the coach tickets although I'd prefer general.

Got onto booking page and then onto the Bristol departures page but everytime I selected a time and hit buy tickets, it came up as not available.

Some heart taken from the fact that I got to the booking page.

We go again Sunday!!

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

No joy for any of us either. Dreading more of the same on Sunday :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

A complete con.

I got through to the selection page after twenty minutes. Every single selection I made was met with the message "The coach tickets selected must match the number of registrations" as if it was my fault, yet I'm registered solo and was only attempting to buy one return ticket, didn't care where from.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,076 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

A complete con.

I got through to the selection page after twenty minutes. Every single selection I made was met with the message "The coach tickets selected must match the number of registrations" as if it was my fault, yet I'm registered solo and was only attempting to buy one return ticket, didn't care where from.
    Same here!! Clearly 3 names showing but wouldn't let me select coaches!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

No luck for any of us..... Roll on Sunday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,970 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

wfa.gif

!!!!!BOOYAH!!!!!!!!!!
    Got Thursday morning tickets from Bristol. Need a f*cking drink now :)

Good luck on Sunday folks. And always remember the re-sale if you have no luck on Sunday. I've gotten tickets twice on the resale. Everyone assumes it'll never happen which puts many off even trying.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

!!!!!BOOYAH!!!!!!!!!!
    Got Thursday morning tickets from Bristol. Need a f*cking drink now :)

Fair play, nice one. There really is no better feeling.

No one I know got a sniff. Demand is bananas these days. Sunday will be chaos. Can't decide if being fresh or still pished/hungover like a mótherfcker is better.

In years gone by I would've poo pooed the idea of Thursday but those days are gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭thebusher

Big fat zip here too. 28 minutes of refreshing.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,058 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

MadYaker wrote: »
    I've heard talk of a fairly credible Madonna rumour. I believe Emily Eavis let slip that one of the headliners is female and not british.

Cardi B or Dua Lipa :p

Has Oasis rumours started yet

Drake?

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭keyboard_cat

Did we have to select a time when booking tickets from Bristol ? I got Thursday tickets but don’t recall putting in a bus time... everything happend so fast XD

• Registered Users Posts: 5,970 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Cardi B or Dua Lipa :p

Has Oasis rumours started yet

Drake?

Hah, I know. The Oasis rumour EVERY damn year. Didn't see him last year but all the rumours were going around that Liam was gonna turn up at Noel's set for an unofficial reunion. The Other stage was MENTAL as everyone wanted to see. So about half way through the set Noel goes "You like Oasis?" Everyone loses their sh*t and he says "Yeah, this is from my new album" Assh0le. lol

Again, good luck all on Sunday.

Regarding the times: I personally didn't get the tickets this year (Did the last time) but AFAIKR I don't think you got the option to select a time.

Did we have to select a time when booking tickets from Bristol ? I got Thursday tickets but don’t recall putting in a bus time... everything happend so fast XD

No they'll tell you the time nad picup location after you pay the full ticket in May.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,900 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Madonna and the Cure are the favourites to headline.

https://festipalooza.home.blog/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

Madonna and the Cure are the favourites to headline.

https://festipalooza.home.blog/

Aren't there usually 3 big headliners?

No interest in either of them. I’m worried the the general sale is gonna be just as much of a nightmare.

• Advertisement

Paul McCartney is second favourite behind the cure. Not sure if the contents of that link had changed since it was posted by it also says it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,900 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Paul McCartney is second favourite behind the cure. Not sure if the contents of that link had changed since it was posted by it also says it there.

No the contents didnt change, or at least the Glasto story didnt. I only put the Cure and Madonna in my post here. The Blog is mine. I was looking at a few betting sites last night. I thought it was funny that they are fairly different lists, considering they are normally pretty close on these things. Its only novelty betting but still.

No the contents didnt change, or at least the Glasto story didnt. I only put the Cure and Madonna in my post here. The Blog is mine. I was looking at a few betting sites last night. I thought it was funny that they are fairly different lists, considering they are normally pretty close on these things. Its only novelty betting but still.
    I'm still hoping for pearl jam and Fleetwood mac

• Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭Alkers

MadYaker wrote:
    No interest in either of them. I’m worried the the general sale is gonna be just as much of a nightmare.

There were only 15k coach tickets on sale yesterday, there are 150k general admission tickets on Sunday morning so fingers crossed!

When's the best time to arrive if you are going by car?we prob won't get there til Thurs morn is that too late? We will be bringing kids so just wondering does family camping fill up as quick as other areas?

Simona1986 wrote: »
    There were only 15k coach tickets on sale yesterday, there are 150k general admission tickets on Sunday morning so fingers crossed!

There’s only 135k tickets in total but I get your point!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

judeboy101 wrote: »
    When's the best time to arrive if you are going by car?we prob won't get there til Thurs morn is that too late? We will be bringing kids so just wondering does family camping fill up as quick as other areas?

Family camping doesn't fill up as quick as some of the other prime areas, and in theory it should be a bit less congested, but you'll struggle to get a spot by midday Thursday I'd expect. There will be plenty of other quieter areas though and just ask the campsite crew as you get in the gate what areas are emptyish at that point. You'll have a longer walk to the Kidz Field though from anywhere else.

robinph wrote: »
    Family camping doesn't fill up as quick as some of the other prime areas, and in theory it should be a bit less congested, but you'll struggle to get a spot by midday Thursday I'd expect. There will be plenty of other quieter areas though and just ask the campsite crew as you get in the gate what areas are emptyish at that point. You'll have a longer walk to the Kidz Field though from anywhere else.
    Thanks, it'll b our first time going to a festival so fingers crossed for Sunday.

I've always gone on Thurs morning and have had no problems finding space near the bus drop off. No idea what family camping is like at that stage though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Wooderson

judeboy101 wrote: »
    Thanks, it'll b our first time going to a festival so fingers crossed for Sunday.

Wicket Ground (2nd family camping field) will have lots of room on Thursday morning. Aim for Orange Carpark.

Advertisement