Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soda Stream Fizzi - £20 [+ AddressPal Fee]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭branners69

No mixes yet where sells them, tried some miwadi, don't bother.

Argos, I have the mixed fruits on order for Tuesday!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,595 ✭✭✭Kat1170

I gave it 5 bursts and it went every where, are you meant to let it settle for a bit first before taking the bottle out.

No mixes yet where sells them, tried some miwadi, don't bother.

The Range

Carlow, Cork, Limerick and Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭dawnied

Yay! mine has finally arrived today..
    Have some of the syrups ready and waiting at home for after work.
    Next job will be finding the cheapest refills haha

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭ifeelstupid

Thanks OP - arrived today. Looking forward to experimenting with it!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Maybe I'm asking a stupid question- but can you use this to add fizz to wine?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭dawnied

Maybe I'm asking a stupid question- but can you use this to add fizz to wine?

I'd carbonate the water and add it to the wine... I think when its not water there seems to be a messy explosion, but you can always try it a first time

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

^ You *could* but I reckon you could do more damage than good by gunking up the wand with anything other than water.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Mine arrived Monday. Finally got to use it yesterday. Pretty impressed so far with the fizz. 3 blasts, as per the sticker on top is too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Anyone find the best way to replace or refill the Co2 yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭JabbaTheHut

Argos do refills. Just bring the used one with you, or you will have to pay for a new bottle.

• Advertisement

A2LUE42 wrote: »
    Anyone find the best way to replace or refill the Co2 yet?

I am assuming Argos €19 when you swop your old one. Otherwise it is €29 for a new one.

branners69 wrote: »
    I am assuming Argos €19 when you swop your old one. Otherwise it is €29 for a new one.

Yup.
    Does anyone know anywhere thats better value?
    19 quid for a refill seems a bit over the top?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

These are made in Israel afaik, in case anyone has moral objections to buying from there

vicwatson wrote: »
    These are made in Israel afaik, in case anyone has moral objections to buying from there

They are indeed. Big sticker on the box saying so.

But what to do now that it's bought.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,415 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Dial Hard wrote: »
    I was going to buy one the last time they had them in Lidl as I have severe guilt over the amount of plastic bottles my sparkling water habit produces but I've no idea where you'd get the gas refilled these days. Superquinn in Walkinstown used to do it back in the 80s when we had one at home.

I'm kicking myself for missing this offer, as I share your habit, and your guilt about the plastic bottles. How did it work out for you in terms of quality and cost of use?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,390 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I'm kicking myself for missing this offer, as I share your habit, and your guilt about the plastic bottles. How did it work out for you in terms of quality and cost of use?

I didn't buy one in the end, figured the best solution long-term was to just wean myself off the sparkling water, which I managed successfully by buying an infuser bottle and putting cucumber in it.

It's being used non stop in my house. Once it was demonstrated to the mother she got on board.

I couldn't fault it and have been selling its virtues to everybody.

Dial Hard wrote: »
    I didn't buy one in the end, figured the best solution long-term was to just wean myself off the sparkling water, which I managed successfully by buying an infuser bottle and putting cucumber in it.

That's a shame. Is anyone else using it mainly as a replacement for bottled sparkling water?

That's a shame. Is anyone else using it mainly as a replacement for bottled sparkling water?

The wife is, kids haven't got a look in! Wife loves being able to pick how fizzy it is. She also appreciates not carrying 6 X 2 litres anymore!
    Yup.
    Does anyone know anywhere thats better value?
    19 quid for a refill seems a bit over the top?

To be fair the Range have them for £20 and Amazon for £22, both in sterling, so €19 isn't too bad!

The wife is, kids haven't got a look in! Wife loves being able to pick how fizzy it is. She also appreciates not carrying 6 X 2 litres anymore!

Thanks, just ordinary tap water going in? And are you getting the expected 60 litres per canister?

• Advertisement

To be fair the Range have them for £20 and Amazon for £22, both in sterling, so €19 isn't too bad!

Those are for 'spare' cylinders (that is new cylinders that you're not leaving an empty back for). I think its a reasonable expectation that you'd get a significant discount for leaving the cylinder back- and CO2 isn't exactly an expensive gas........

Its £12.99 for a refill from Sodastream themselves- however, you have to pay a £10 deposit upfront- that is £22.99 per bottle- with the £10 deposit refunded on receipt of the empty cylinder.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Me because I haven't been able to get the flavours actually in stock anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Me because I haven't been able to get the flavours actually in stock anywhere.

I got the Cola/Diet-Cola pack in my local Argos.. they've definitely improved since having them as a child.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭keyboard_cat

If anyone has access to dry ice apperently the canisters can be refilled manually. There are a few videos on YouTube on how to do it looks handy enough but obviously be careful if attempting

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭ozmo

If anyone has access to dry ice apperently the canisters can be refilled manually. There are a few videos on YouTube on how to do it looks handy enough but obviously be careful if attempting

I had a look into it - and yes it looks like an option...but not one I would be bothered with...

3.5Kg of dry ice for sale here for €32 (optional €10 shipping)->
    https://dryice.ie/shop/dry-ice-pellets-3-5kg/

And instructions here say you need 410g to fill One bottle...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-a3pISQLQg&t=315s

So you would need ideally 8 empty canisters... or at least 3 empty canisters to make it worthwhile.

“Roll it back”

Does anyone know if Argos still do the refills? Can't see them on the website - maybe affected by the co2 shortage??
    Thanks

Mr.S wrote: »
    Was only wondering this myself, my canister from this offer just finished!

Mine just ran out today so lasted pretty well, only me using it tho. Luckily I had bought a spare canister - it was on offer I think, may have spotted it here so I'm not in a major panic to get one. Have emailed Argos and I might pop in tomorrow if I'm passing to check. Will let you know how I get on.

Mine just ran out today so lasted pretty well, only me using it tho. Luckily I had bought a spare canister - it was on offer I think, may have spotted it here so I'm not in a major panic to get one. Have emailed Argos and I might pop in tomorrow if I'm passing to check. Will let you know how I get on.

I got a few refills over the past few weeks- most recently about 10 days ago.
    Its definitely gone from the website though- so not sure what the story is.
    Does anyone else stock them in Ireland at a reasonable price (not that Argos was anyway reasonable, how and ever, thats a different story)............
    Powercity used stock them a few years ago- nada on their website anymore though..........

• Registered Users Posts: 13,626 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

vicwatson wrote: »

Actually they were made in the occupied West Bank on land confiscated from Palestinians that were thrown off by Israeli soldiers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SodaStream#Controversy

I think they've moved to Israel proper now though.

Still... eh... the bubbly water wouldn't make me feel too good about buying from them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭robbe

I got a few refills over the past few weeks- most recently about 10 days ago.
    Its definitely gone from the website though- so not sure what the story is.
    Does anyone else stock them in Ireland at a reasonable price (not that Argos was anyway reasonable, how and ever, thats a different story)............
    Powercity used stock them a few years ago- nada on their website anymore though..........

Apparently they are available from Argos here in Ireland though not listed on the website - that's what the UK Soda Stream twitter have said....I haven't checked myself and it's entirely possible that you would be greeted with a blank stare should you rock up holding an exchange cannister. I emailed Argos and they said that they expected stock at the end of August - not sure which of them are correct tbh...I was in NI and got my cannister exchanged. If you look at the UK sodastream twitter they seem to have had the same problem with Argos in the UK a few weeks ago. If anyone manages to get sorted let us know.....

Advertisement