Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soda Stream Fizzi - £20 [+ AddressPal Fee]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭frash

ozmo wrote: »
    Can I ask what you can do with one of these? Any ideas on how best to use it?

I have the old soda stream- still with half bottle gas- but it just creates fizzy water than you can get at about the same cost of the gas in lidl, but already made up...?

That water in LIDL comes in plastic bottles that are typically one use.

With this you can make your own in a re-usable bottle.

Good the for the environment (man).

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Sodastream finally got back to me yesterday on Facebook, and clarified my order did process successfully.

Asked them for some sort of order confirmation, and said they'd sent it.. but yet to receive it. I'm wondering as to did any fraud alert trigger on mine or anything.

Noticed this on the website for it: "Delivery in the UK will be within THREE WEEKS from the day the order is placed..".. we might have some wait to find out how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭dawnied

Tried a few times to get this with my parcel wizard account and no joy. Hope you guys get yours!! Great offer!

For those who got the "fraud check alert", did you pay via card or by paypal?

As I'm wondering if those that paid via Paypal, just put in billing / shipping address as AddressPal would work.. and wouldn't be flagged as a UK shipping address and ROI billing address etc.

Just curious more than anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭ozmo

frash wrote: »
    That water in LIDL comes in plastic bottles that are typically one use.

With this you can make your own in a re-usable bottle.

Good the for the environment (man).

Ok - fair enough - my mistake was probably I was using bottled water and fizzing it up - which made any saving on plastic mute (our tap water tastes terrible).

Any good deals on what to use with it? We mostly used it to make fizzy water to mix with Ribena. Wasn't too impressed with the Soda stream syrups I tried.

I know its supposed to be used for water only - but when I was a kid we put milk in the bottle once and fizzed it - made a huge mess - but a very interesting drink... :)

“Roll it back”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,595 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Basq wrote: »
    For those who got the "fraud check alert", did you pay via card or by paypal?

Card.

Also, still 'Processing' since they removed the fraud alert.

Any good deals on what to use with it? We mostly used it to make fizzy water to mix with Ribena. Wasn't too impressed with the Soda stream syrups I tried.
    Some homemade ones might be best..

http://www.sodasherpa.com/best-sodastream-recipes/

That's great thanks - link was a bit wobbly but above worked for me.

“Roll it back”

Dial Hard wrote: »
    I was going to buy one the last time they had them in Lidl as I have severe guilt over the amount of plastic bottles my sparkling water habit produces but I've no idea where you'd get the gas refilled these days. Superquinn in Walkinstown used to do it back in the 80s when we had one at home.
    I'm the exact same! But buying the bottles just works out cheaper still unfortunately.

http://www.sodasherpa.com/best-sodastream-recipes/

That's great thanks - link was a bit wobbly but above worked for me.
    Sorry yeah.. put it in with HTTPS accidentally.
    I'm the exact same! But buying the bottles just works out cheaper still unfortunately.
    I like the way with the Fizzi though you can control carbonation..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭dawnied

I got an address pal just to try and get this! Wish me luck.
    I'm going to be looking for a Dr. Pepper syrup for the other half...its one thing thats hard to find for him around here sometimes

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Its CO2- its inflamable.
    inflammable
    ɪnˈflaməb(ə)l/Submit
    adjective
    easily set on fire.
    "inflammable materials"

That does 60L, so 30x2L bottles. 60cent per 2L bottle. Own brand fizzy water and soft drinks can cost less.

Just pointing it out as some presume it will be cheaper. We stopped using ours in the 80s as it was so expensive.

Some might have other uses though. I would also wonder how relatively environmentally friendly it really is.
    We mostly used it to make fizzy water to mix with Ribena.
    Ribena is pretty expensive as are the soda stream syrups. I used to use it to refizz up bottles of coke that had gone flat. Could do the same with beer or wine, though I imagine they migth say not to. I used to fizz up apple juice or diluted apple juice or orange juice to make a more "premium" soft drink, like britvic 55. If you like strong carbonation and pour strong vodkas & cokes it could also be refizzed.

The cola syrups are €12, and stupidly come in a set of diet & regular. Says they each make 7-9L, so lets say 8L each, that is 8x2L bottles overall, so €1.50 per 2L bottle for syrup and then €60cent to fizz it. So €2.10 per 2L. Very expensive for what is effectively an "own brand cola". The diet cola I get in tesco is 49c for 2L, pepsi 2L is 1.75 at the moment. Coke is not on offer but the new 3L bottle is €3 in tesco.

rubadub wrote: »
    ....Ribena is pretty expensive as are the soda stream syrups. I used to use it to refizz up bottles of coke that had gone flat. Could do the same with beer or wine, though I imagine they migth say not to. I used to fizz up apple juice or diluted apple juice or orange juice to make a more "premium" soft drink, like britvic 55. If you like strong carbonation and pour strong vodkas & cokes it could also be refizzed.....

Spot on - putting fizz into Wine is a thing Ive heard often.

But what happens when you try to carbonate anything other than water is it , not exactly explodes, but tends to fizz out all over the place - so watch that.

Fun ... but its not a cost saving exercise - in USA there are people who refill the bottles using dry ice - but that's probably not a good idea and anyway not an option for us here not having dry ice.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 5,077 ✭✭✭Mech1

I tried to fizz up some wine once! You would Think i made a bomb instead, from the immediate mess.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Mech1 wrote: »
    I tried to fizz up some wine once! You would Think i made a bomb instead, from the immediate mess.

Did the same with coke- same story- it took me 20 minutes to clean up the sticky mess off everything...........

Fun ... but its not a cost saving exercise - in USA there are people who refill the bottles using dry ice - but that's probably not a good idea and anyway not an option for us here not having dry ice.

Loads of places sell (and deliver) dry ice here.
    We've gotten it a few times for parties for the kids- and for a barbeque during the summer. Polarice.ie, Praxis, hell even BOC will sell small quantities for private use.

Loads of places sell (and deliver) here- its a lot more common these days than it was even 5 years ago. Its cool fun to mess with too!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

We've to hang in another 2 weeks

We know you received an automated email saying your purchase would be with you within 2-3 days as normally happens, but due to a technical glitch, given last week's overwhelming demand, things are taking us a bit longer at the moment.

Rest assured, we'll be packing your machine up to send it out shortly. Please bear with us and it should be with you within the next 2 weeks.

Congratulations on your purchase - together with the other 9,999 people who purchased a Fizzi machine last week, your household will save 100 million single use plastic bottles!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,595 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Same as that, although how the funk there can be unprecedented demand when they offered 10,000 for sale and 10,000 sold is beyond me. I mean, they knew exactly how many were on offer. Unprecedented me hole.

Anyway looks like they should be on their way eventually. They charged my account anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Anyone get address pal accepted delivery details yet?

A2LUE42 wrote: »
    Anyone get address pal accepted delivery details yet?

No- but I've bought stuff off them (Sodastream online) before- give them a chance, it'll turn up- I'd say they're just inundated after their little 10,000 order scheme- I'd guess they never expected to fulfill their allocation.

• Advertisement

Mine arrived in Heathrow this morning. I was wondering how long it normally takes from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Mine arrived in Heathrow this morning. I was wondering how long it normally takes from there.

Did you not get it sent to an Address Pal?

Did you not get it sent to an Address Pal?

Yes - The tracking status is showing as being at LONDON
    HEATHROW TRANSIT HUB since 9.30 this morning.

Yes - The tracking status is showing as being at LONDON
    HEATHROW TRANSIT HUB since 9.30 this morning.

Ah sound. I can't see anything on mine except "processing".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭branners69

Got a confirmation from AddressPal that the item has been received and will be delivered to my address within 3 or 4 working days for €6.99!

So looking good!

Ah sound. I can't see anything on mine except "processing".

Ditto........
    'In Processing'
    No further correspondence received from them since the order was placed (on the 18th).

They took my payment on Thursday

Mine is in PORTLAOISE MAIL CENTRE now, but I have 2 tracking numbers and 2 address pal charges, for one soda stream order of 1 unit..

Mine is in PORTLAOISE MAIL CENTRE now, but I have 2 tracking numbers and 2 address pal charges, for one soda stream order of 1 unit..

Sounds like you'll have an add up on adverts.ie in a day or two.........

• Advertisement

Sounds like you'll have an add up on adverts.ie in a day or two.........

I'm expecting the second one to be a leaflet or something. Or just the sofa stream and gas in two packets.

Advertisement