Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soda Stream Fizzi - £20 [+ AddressPal Fee]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Basq wrote: »
    Good deal this.. but bear in mind, you need to be patient with the website as it's limited to 10,000.

http://www.sodastream.co.uk/betterplanet

Buy a Sodastream Fizzi for £20 with free delivery to mainland UK (AddressPal only, as NI is out).

These are almost €82 euro in Argos at the minute, so some saving!

PS - you can pick up 2 x 500ml bottles for Argos for under a tenner too.. so cheaper than than buying them with it: http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/3553358/Trail/searchtext%3ESODASTREAM.htm

Would An Post ship a gas cannister though?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭frash

Where can you get the gas refilled?

frash wrote: »
    Where can you get the gas refilled?

You can buy them in argos but they cost 19 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Jay_Cee1985

I bought one to addresspal and got a confirmation, but also a warning saying "FRAUD SUSPECTED!! PUT ON HOLD". Quite funny I thought :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I got a Paypal confirmation but nothing else..

.. also can't log into my account anymore so m not holding out hope.

• Advertisement

Ordered it & got confirmation email
    No sign of the fraud email yet

Mr.S wrote: »
    FYI I just emailed them and explained the weird address and they processed the order

Thanks - might be why I didn't get the fraud email

^ Thanks Mr.S.

Sent them an e-mail though but I've a feeling the order didn't go through.. as I've no account and got no order confirmation e-mail.

Will see what I hear back.

Can you cancel the PayPal request? Sounds like the site crapped out after you processed on PayPal and didn’t get returned back to the site.
    No, I got returned back to the site and got an order confirmation on screen (as below), but didn't get any email or anything about a fraud check. Just have Paypal receipt and PDF of order confirmation I got after successful payment.

Screen_Shot_2018-01-17_at_11.07.14.png

Can't cancel payment so I'll see what they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Jay_Cee1985

FYI I just emailed them and explained the weird address and they processed the order

Same here, they accepted the order but said

"[FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]I will release your order for you. We do not deliver to Ireland, But you are arranging delivery yourself. If your courier claims the parcel is lost, we do not replace your order.[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif] [/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]Your machine comes with a 2 year warranty. If it gains a fault you will have to send it for testing. Normally on the UK Mainland we collect."[/FONT][/FONT]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,390 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I was going to buy one the last time they had them in Lidl as I have severe guilt over the amount of plastic bottles my sparkling water habit produces but I've no idea where you'd get the gas refilled these days. Superquinn in Walkinstown used to do it back in the 80s when we had one at home.

Dial Hard wrote: »
    I was going to buy one the last time they had them in Lidl as I have severe guilt over the amount of plastic bottles my sparkling water habit produces but I've no idea where you'd get the gas refilled these days. Superquinn in Walkinstown used to do it back in the 80s when we had one at home.
    They fill them in Argos for 18 euro!

Excellent thanks for that.

Fantastic bargain this turned out to be!
    Hopefully I can get mine. Were ye long waiting for a response from them?

Sent them an email at 10.30 this morning to customer.care-uk@sodastream.com and have had no response.

Tempted to order another in case they're gone by the time they get back to me.

Next hurdle is getting an post to post compressed gas!

Which they surely won't?
    Isn't it illegal to send these things via plane or ship due to fire hazard?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Which they surely won't?

Its CO2- its inflamable.
    It could explode of course........

Which they surely won't?
    Yeah, I can't see it happening..

.. but you're not supposed to even ship anything containing a lithium ion battery.. but they're getting shipped.

2 emails and one Facebook message, and no reply to my query.

Having heard nothing but good things about Sodastream's customer service, but I must be the exception.

Fizzi seems to be gone from the website now, so balls to it!

Having heard nothing but good things about Sodastream's customer service, but I must be the exception.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Fizzi still there- just ordered one a minute ago.
    Have an e-mail from the warehouse advising they are getting my shipment ready and will e-mail me again with a tracking number once its on its way.
    Note- I also ordered some syrup- and a twin pack of extra bottles- and in the delivery instructions- advised delivery requested in plain packaging that does not indicate the contents.

Note- I had a pre-existing Sodastream account- which may have helped (though it was at least a decade ago when I last used it). Had to get a password reset on it- which worked without issue.

^ Yeah, was temporarily gone this morning. Might just order another seeing how my emails are going ignored. Worst happens, I'll end up with a second one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,077 ✭✭✭Mech1

where can i buy the syrup in Dublin? Argos never has stock and only very limited range.

^ Yeah, was temporarily gone this morning. Might just order another seeing how my emails are going ignored. Worst happens, I'll end up with a second one.

Worst is you'll be down £40 as AP won't ship gas & SodaStream won't give you a refund cos it was delivered.

Worst is you'll be down £40 as AP won't ship gas & SodaStream won't give you a refund cos it was delivered.
    Surely they'll just reject it (due to warning labels etc) and it'll go back to Sodastream.

Surely they'll just reject it (due to warning labels etc) and it'll go back to Sodastream.

Hopefully there's no labels & AP will just pass it through.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭TresGats

Allright if you will buy Israeli products.

Hopefully there's no labels & AP will just pass it through.
    Think there's definitely legal implications of not including warning labels..

.. but in saying that, I've had power bank's posted to my via AddressPal in a box covered in warnings about "contains lithium ion battery" and they've reached me without issue.

Maybe Sodastream won't put shipping warning labels on it because they're taking every precaution not to send it by air or sea as that's what's illegal.
    Also I doubt anyone in Address Pal is there checking labels on every package as it comes in the door on the off chance it's explosive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,595 ✭✭✭Kat1170

ordered and got the Fraud !! alert. Contacted their customer support and got this reply a few minutes later,

Hi kat1170,

The billing address should be the same as your bank card details address.  Our system will not accept orders from Ireland, we do not ship to Ireland.  There are reasons for this. If your machine becomes faulty, if you live off the main UK Mainland, We cannot arrange collection, you will need to send it back for inspection.

I have now released your order

Kind regards

Kim

Order says 'Processing' now so fingers crossed.

Thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭ozmo

Can I ask what you can do with one of these? Any ideas on how best to use it?

I have the old soda stream- still with half bottle gas- but it just creates fizzy water than you can get at about the same cost of the gas in lidl, but already made up...?

“Roll it back”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Good deal this.. but bear in mind, you need to be patient with the website as it's limited to 10,000.

http://www.sodastream.co.uk/betterplanet

Buy a Sodastream Fizzi for £20 with free delivery to mainland UK (AddressPal only, as NI is out).

These are almost €82 euro in Argos at the minute, so some saving!

PS - you can pick up 2 x 500ml bottles for Argos for under a tenner too.. so cheaper than than buying them with it: http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/3553358/Trail/searchtext%3ESODASTREAM.htm
    Great shout bucko.

Cheers.

Advertisement