Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soda Stream Fizzi - £20 [+ AddressPal Fee]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Where are ye getting that tracking number?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

AddressPal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭branners69

Mine arrived this morning! Thanks again OP!

Anyone know where you can pick up the mixed fruits flavours for it? Argos seem to be sold out at the moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

branners69 wrote: »
    Nice.. you've further than I am. Haven't got anything bar a Paypal receipt and a shady enough confirmation from a Facebook rep that my order is confirmed. I'll be surprised if I get it.
    Anyone know where you can pick up the mixed fruits flavours for it? Argos seem to be sold out at the moment!
    Yeah, I'd be curious if there's anywhere else bar Argos selling SodaStream supplies at the moment.. can't recall seeing it in any supermarkets.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,595 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Seems to be plenty on Amazon, although you do have to buy in bulk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭robbe

My order (placed 17th Jan) is still at 'Processing' in the My Order section of Sodastream website however I've just received notification of the item being received by Addresspal....payment was taken on 18th Jan btw. Hope it makes it over.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭dawnied

Basq wrote: »
    Nice.. you've further than I am. Haven't got anything bar a Paypal receipt and a shady enough confirmation from a Facebook rep that my order is confirmed. I'll be surprised if I get it.

Yeah, I'd be curious if there's anywhere else bar Argos selling SodaStream supplies at the moment.. can't recall seeing it in any supermarkets.

Hey Basq, I remember seeing sodastream stuff in The Range awhile back, maybe its a place to look?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

rubadub wrote: »
    inflammable
    ɪnˈflaməb(ə)l/Submit
    adjective
    easily set on fire.
    "inflammable materials"

That does 60L, so 30x2L bottles. 60cent per 2L bottle. Own brand fizzy water and soft drinks can cost less.

Just pointing it out as some presume it will be cheaper. We stopped using ours in the 80s as it was so expensive.

Some might have other uses though. I would also wonder how relatively environmentally friendly it really is.

Ribena is pretty expensive as are the soda stream syrups. I used to use it to refizz up bottles of coke that had gone flat. Could do the same with beer or wine, though I imagine they migth say not to. I used to fizz up apple juice or diluted apple juice or orange juice to make a more "premium" soft drink, like britvic 55. If you like strong carbonation and pour strong vodkas & cokes it could also be refizzed.

The cola syrups are €12, and stupidly come in a set of diet & regular. Says they each make 7-9L, so lets say 8L each, that is 8x2L bottles overall, so €1.50 per 2L bottle for syrup and then €60cent to fizz it. So €2.10 per 2L. Very expensive for what is effectively an "own brand cola". The diet cola I get in tesco is 49c for 2L, pepsi 2L is 1.75 at the moment. Coke is not on offer but the new 3L bottle is €3 in tesco.
    I use it for Tonic - means I can have nice fresh fizzy tonic with my gin whenever I want. My Mrs loves it for sparkling water as we have our own well and purified water (i.e. we know exactly what's in the water and where it came from)

Just got an addresspal notification. Finally...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Syrups are €6 in the Range

• Advertisement

Noice!

Screen_Shot_2018-01-31_at_10.46.16.png

Mine is now in Heathrow

deadl0ck wrote: »
    I use it for Tonic - means I can have nice fresh fizzy tonic with my gin whenever I want. My Mrs loves it for sparkling water as we have our own well and purified water (i.e. we know exactly what's in the water and where it came from)
    I never even thought about this.. genius!

I've had 1 litre bottles of tonic going flat after a single gin and tonic for years.. do you just give a flat bottle a quick blast?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Mine is now in Heathrow

Mine shipped this morning- so probably arrive here next week at some stage..........

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Pistachios & cream

Just got notification from addresspal to collect mine.

The tonic is a genius idea

Mr.S wrote: »
    :( no fair, mine is lost in limbo, no payment taken and the customer care lady has stopped replying to me!
    I'd say hammer Facebook and customer care with emails..

.. I didn't think I'd get mine either to be honest.

No account was never created, never got order confirmation or notification of despatch. I haven't had a single email from SodaStream themselves - just Paypal and AddressPal.

Arrived this morning, cheers OP.

fizz.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

I never even thought about this.. genius!

I've had 1 litre bottles of tonic going flat after a single gin and tonic for years.. do you just give a flat bottle a quick blast?

No - I make fresh - my Sodastream came with a 1L and a 0.5 L bottle so I use the 0.5L bottle. There's a measuring mark on the lid of the syrup for 1 0.5 and 1L mix too, so it's really easy.

I use the soda stream branded diet tonic and I really like it (although it has mixed reviews).
    I bought a 4 pack on Amazon but don't see it there now...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

Mine appeared yesterday to he collected from the post office, no notice that it had been shipped or that AddressPal had received it for me. I am looking forward to making my own tonic from cinchona bark.

How long are people fizzing the 1L bottle for? Did one or two quick bursts and wasn't nearly carbonated enough. And then did a long burst and was too carbonated... and was aware I probably wasted more gas than I should have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭ozmo

How long are people fizzing the 1L bottle for? Did one or two quick bursts and wasn't nearly carbonated enough. And then did a long burst and was too carbonated... and was aware I probably wasted more gas than I should have.

The instructions that came with my (older) model- say to fizz until it “burps” then do it one more time again until it burps again(excess gas escapes).

I usually wait a few seconds then do it a third time as I like it well carbonated.

“Roll it back”

You can claim £10 off a spare gas cylinder when you register your Fizzi. £12.99 instead of £22.99 (+Postage)

€28.99 in Argos

^ Yeah, was hoping you could use the voucher in their shop on drinks etc. But nope, just the gas canister.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

It also works against the reserve gas pack which has the cylinder and "free" carbonating bottle. Not bad getting the two posted together for £18.98 after the voucher.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭frash

Just unpacked mine and did what it says on the instructions (3 * 2 second bursts).

Wasn't impressed with the carbon levels.

Don't want to be wasting the gas either so what's a good rule of thumb?

What's the purpose of the 840ml line?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

frash wrote: »
    What's the purpose of the 840ml line?

You fill it to the first line with water- and the second line with syrup (obviously after you've carbonated the water!)?

Mine's landed in Portlaoise. That's me getting it on Monday so.

frash wrote: »
    Just unpacked mine and did what it says on the instructions (3 * 2 second bursts).

Wasn't impressed with the carbon levels.

Don't want to be wasting the gas either so what's a good rule of thumb?

Replies to self...
    Think I just wasn't pushing the button down all the way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I gave it 5 bursts and it went every where, are you meant to let it settle for a bit first before taking the bottle out.

No mixes yet where sells them, tried some miwadi, don't bother.

Advertisement