Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rosemary Mac Cabe suggests #yesallmen...then claims she was joking

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,038 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Empty vessels......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

ffs

You can ffs all you want, the point of the thread was the hashtag she used #yesallmen. It's bullshìt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭donegaLroad

She makes Louise O'Neill look reasonable.

She is retweeting Loise O'Neill on her Twitter page.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭shampoosuicide

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    You can ffs all you want, the point of the thread was the hashtag she used #yesallmen. It's bullshìt.

the vast majority. you realise how ridiculous this makes you look? the #notallmen thing is literally a punchline, like.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,038 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

ffs

Does you read the op??

If you didn't mean 'every man' then answer kersplats question.

If you DID mean every man than that's a wild wild accusation your making

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

This simpleton is exactly why I describe Twitter as the AGM for the oddball in every village and town across the land

You most likely will never encounter or have to listen to them in real life but by God do they make noise when they all flock together like moths to a light

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

i think men (I'm a man) could take the current moment as an opportunity to look at their own actions and assumptions when it comes to the opposite sex. i think a lot of the people getting enraged at mccabe, if they really thought about it and examined their own history, could think of occasions where their behaviour made a woman uncomfortable. it doesn't have to be an assault to qualify as that. and i'm no big fan of mccabe, but that's irrelevant.

I think you're mixed up with the wrong crowd if you think that's common place.

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Does you read the op??

If you didn't mean 'every man' then answer kersplats question.

If you DID mean every man than that's a wild wild accusation your making

hello, I'll try to break this down for you. 'i can see where she's coming from' doesn't mean 'every single man in the world..whatever'. it's not meant to be taken literally, but it's obviously not a complete joke either. stop being deliberately obtuse and try some empathy.

Peatys wrote: »
    I think you're mixed up with the wrong crowd if you think that's common place.

what's commonplace?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

what's commonplace?

The bit i high lighted

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Grayson wrote: »
    I however am not psychic and she's not in anyway worth spending any more time on.
    This +1000. Attention seeking type spouts idiocy on a platform noted for its fair share of idiots. Big whoop. Ignore.

The time she accused a guy of raping her 20 years ago on her blog, with selfies of her crying(nuttier than squirrel poo), was more worthy of a WTF alright.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭soiseztomabel

anna080 wrote: »
    Because she's not able to be challenged on her idiocy. It's a running theme with gowls like her. Tweet what you like from the comfort of your couch and then claim lol joking bbz when you're called out on it. Much easier than having to back up your nonsense or articulate any kind of argument.

Hopefully someone will gift her some balloons

• Registered Users Posts: 8,278 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Candie wrote: »
    Perhaps, but deciding who and who isn't stable or mentally ill is best left to the professionals.

It's not particularly helpful to anyone for casual online commentators to proclaim on the mental state of anyone else on the basis of tweets.

She's a woman in her 30s, not some stroppy teen-hence my views.
    i think men (I'm a man) could take the current moment as an opportunity to look at their own actions and assumptions when it comes to the opposite sex. i think a lot of the people getting enraged at mccabe, if they really thought about it and examined their own history, could think of occasions where their behaviour made a woman uncomfortable. it doesn't have to be an assault to qualify as that. and i'm no big fan of mccabe, but that's irrelevant.

That is a ridiculous thing to believe- feeling uncomfortable is just a way of life. Some people feel uncomfortable around a woman breastfeeding-but who are you going to blame there? Others are uncomfortable discussing diabetes, blood donation,planning for a family etc. I have family who are squeamish around blood-should they go to jail for it?

You can not police emotions.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭buckwheat

Come on lads, all this "someone said something on twitter, who cares" crap. She has 30k followers so it's not your standard eejit talking shyte. They may all be the same as her, and tbh I've no interest in what she's saying, but all of this instant dismissal is dangerous in itself IMO. If she's spewing hateful/ignorant bullsh!t she should be called out on it.

edit: "and tbh I've no interest in what she's saying," that's a complete oxymoron. My issue is with the dismissal of her as being just another tweeter. She should be called out on her tweets.

Sure off ya go if you've that little to be at. I'm sure once you've called her out she'll acknowledge what a moron she was being and the world (by world I mean Twitter) will be a better place. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,127 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

To be fair, it's possible to say all men have been insensitive to a woman at some point. We were all young and stupid and either deliberately, or unknowingly said/did something insensitive. And it's not like there's lessons in this. Most of us learn as we go along. Some however don't. They never question if there's anything wrong, they just assume it's ok.
    That's not saying that all men are Harvey Weinsteins. Just that most young lads are idiots and most of them will grow up to not be assholes.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭soiseztomabel

Ahh it all makes sense.... her podcast is being released this week, obviously trying to drum up attention.

Cabbage

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭buckwheat

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I don't think so, I really believe that she wanted to write something topical and controversial but didn't think too far ahead.

We all do sh*t like that in fairness.

Do we? Speak for yourself. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭Icemancometh

To be fair, it's possible to say all men have been insensitive to a woman at some point. We were all young and stupid and either deliberately, or unknowingly said/did something insensitive. And it's not like there's lessons in this. Most of us learn as we go along. Some however don't. They never question if there's anything wrong, they just assume it's ok.
    That's not saying that all men are Harvey Weinsteins. Just that most young lads are idiots and most of them will grow up to not be assholes.

Hasn't everyone been insensitive to someone at some point. Why single out the fellas?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Hasn't everyone been insensitive to someone at some point. Why single out the fellas?
    Indeed. If I were to write "most young wans are idiots and most of them will grow up to not be assholes", I'd get a lot more static and rightfully because it's generalised bollocks of the finest cloth, just like writing "most young lads are idiots" is. Most young people are fine, they're just young people. I have found through life about the same percentage of insensitive silly bitches as insensitive stupid bastards and age doesn't make for much of a difference, save for the older idiots just get better at hiding in in plain sight.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,173 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

She's posting crap again? :pac:

Ah pay no attention to her. Wonder if she'd include her father and boyfriend as a rapist since they're men too. Bloody won't tho.

Hey rosie tho, am pretty sure you're reading all these comments so why dont you go out there and get a real job for yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,370 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

12 pages of replies and I still have no idea who the gee bag in question here is.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,173 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

nullzero wrote: »
    12 pages of replies and I still have no idea who the gee bag in question here is.

There was a thread about her in after hours a few months ago. Pretty much the same stuff.

Shouldn't be posting about her on here tho. She says controversial things so she can reach a new audience. By creating a thread and talking we're all just being idiots.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

i had to google her names to find out who she is , therfore i dont care what she says or thinks ,

she is as unimportant as her opinions to me and rightly so having read some of them ,

in fact this whole thread is unimportant and serves no purpose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

A quick google of her name...tells me that she was stepping away from social media and would be no longer posting less than a month ago

https://www.her.ie/life/blogger-stepped-away-social-media-good-reason-378812

• Registered Users Posts: 5,802 ✭✭✭Rfrip

She has an account here actually

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

So based on her utterings can we start a hashtag: #yesallwomenareadoseofsh1te

• Registered Users Posts: 7,506 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

Rfrip wrote: »
    She has an account here actually

she was watching last year . she was quoting us

• Registered Users Posts: 16,127 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

True but I meant in a manner that most of the opposite sex would find offensive. It's very easy to say something stupid. It doesn't mean they'e a bad person. In adults you only see that kind of sexual immaturity happen with people who don't care if they offend, never learned that a particular behaviour is inappropriate or do care but want to offend/hurt someone.

That's not saying the blogger in the OP is correct. If she's serious then she's referring to far, far worse behaviour. And you certainly cannot say all men in elation to that.

I'm just saying that the poster a couple of pages back does have a point that pretty much every guy has said or done something inappropriate. And that maybe asking ourselves occasionally, if our behaviour is appropriate, isn't a bad thing. Because it's possible that the most well intentioned person could say something bad because they never learned/realised that it was inappropriate/offensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

True but I meant in a manner that most of the opposite sex would find offensive. It's very easy to say something stupid. It doesn't mean they'e a bad person. In adults you only see that kind of sexual immaturity happen with people who don't care if they offend, never learned that a particular behaviour is inappropriate or do care but want to offend/hurt someone.

That's not saying the blogger in the OP is correct. If she's serious then she's referring to far, far worse behaviour. And you certainly cannot say all men in elation to that.

I'm just saying that the poster a couple of pages back does have a point that pretty much every guy has said or done something inappropriate. And that maybe asking ourselves occasionally, if our behaviour is appropriate, isn't a bad thing. Because it's possible that the most well intentioned person could say something bad because they never learned/realised that it was inappropriate/offensive.

I’m a woman and I’ve no doubt that over the years I’ve said inappropriate and offensive things unintentionally to both sexes.
    You know, in the normal course of conversation at work , socializing , family gatherings etc
    So what?
    No really tell me. What’s the problem?
    If im in company then there’s a good chance if I say “Mary your dress is gorgeous it really suits you” that someone else is going to say to themselves “always with the remarks about people’s clothes Jesus everything is a fashion show with her”
    Why should I care? If I’m not using foul language or verbally insulting someone or pontificatingcabout politics or religion then if other people take offense then that’s really their problem, not mine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭TheDavester

splinter65 wrote: »
    I’m a woman and I’ve no doubt that over the years I’ve said inappropriate and offensive things unintentionally to both sexes.
    You know, in the normal course of conversation at work , socializing , family gatherings etc
    So what?
    No really tell me. What’s the problem?
    If im in company then there’s a good chance if I say “Mary your dress is gorgeous it really suits you” that someone else is going to say to themselves “always with the remarks about people’s clothes Jesus everything is a fashion show with her”
    Why should I care? If I’m not using foul language or verbally insulting someone or pontificatingcabout politics or religion then if other people take offense then that’s really their problem, not mine.

victimhood needed to gain "points" on the oppression Olympics games on social media

era she's a guineys version of Louise o Neill, I find it funny , that another I think blogger is recommending people not to go to her gym she works at....it be mean but id like something to take her down a peg or two

Advertisement