Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rosemary Mac Cabe suggests #yesallmen...then claims she was joking

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

She's the same dopey eejit who quoted conor mcgreor saying "the double champ does what the f he wants" and said he was speaking about assaulting women.
    Also she posted before about how she was upset that the men didn't look at her when she was on holiday :D

She's a dose and the only thing for an irritating c unt is canasten

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

I looked at her Twitter account as I had no idea who she was.

The poor thing is a hackneyed cliche.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    If she's spewing hateful/ignorant bullsh!t she should be called out on it.

Twitter has a report function. Perhaps OP would have been better served to use that as opposed to complain on a different site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

But it's not just that. It's the other side feeding off it and just doing the exact same thing the writer of the original tweet said. I'd also add that having followers doesn't necessarily mean much. People often follow things they have little-to-no interest in or to get some opposing views. I definitely wouldn't say that 30,000 people agree with her just by looking at her follower count.

My point was she isn't a standard user, she has a following and is capable of reaching a sizable audience. She should be called out at every opportunity.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

The funny thing is I bet she really thought this tweet would take off and the retweets would be flooding in but in all actuality it was just a massive boo boo. Haha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

cantdecide wrote: »
    If her post to her considerable audience was #yesalltravelers, to at least some applause, I would have no problem reading an AH thread condemning her hate speech.

That's been pointed out to her. She blocked the person.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,506 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

Is this the same woman that made false rape claims about a guy she regretted sleeping with in callage

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,275 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

My point was she isn't a standard user, she has a following and is capable of reaching a sizable audience. She should be called out at every opportunity.

She probably is but I would imagine a large portion of that audience is looking for something to offend them to rail at so I'd take that 30,000 figure with a mound of salt.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

Is this the same woman that made false rape claims about a guy she regretted sleeping with in callage
    No she cried rape because she didn't want to tell him she didn't want to have sex

Same person though.
    Not much difference between the two

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Peatys wrote: »
    Free country, say what she likes.

That's true, the mentally ill ugly dog can say what she likes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

Come on lads, all this "someone said something on twitter, who cares" crap. She has 30k followers so it's not your standard eejit talking shyte. They may all be the same as her, and tbh I've no interest in what she's saying, but all of this instant dismissal is dangerous in itself IMO. If she's spewing hateful/ignorant bullsh!t she should be called out on it.

edit: "and tbh I've no interest in what she's saying," that's a complete oxymoron. My issue is with the dismissal of her as being just another tweeter. She should be called out on her tweets.

She might have 30k followers, but her tweet has not 1 retweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Rezident

Ugh - she seems like the female Donald Trump - she will be very popular online.

Rezident wrote: »
    Jesus. He is hardly that bad

Rezident wrote: »

No, thats Katie Hopkins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭Fox_In_Socks

I’m glad I’m not on Twitter in a way. It’s like people getting outraged over nothing and then others feeding off their outrage.

Do these people ever read books or challenge their own thinking?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,653 ✭✭✭Corvo

Account suspended :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

hprhyff.gif

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Herself and Sam Boland sound like they'd make a great match.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭The Legend Of Kira

Read the tweets the OP mentioned; strongly disagree with her, what I hate more is selective outrage & double standards some people have about things, here Rosemary tweeted #Yesallmen as if to imply all men are guilty of something; which is kinda sexist- yet a few years ago Brenda Power wrote an article in the Irish daily mail about anti social behaviour problems within the traveller community; at the time certain people on the left wanted Brenda to be taken to task & investigated under incitement laws etc; yet most of the same people who wanted Brenda taken to task are all quiet when someone says #Yesallmen directly implying all men are guilty of something; double standards & selective outrage in my view .

• Advertisement

There's been uproar in the blogging community and all the big bloggers have come under fire and have had loads of attention. I'm wondering if someone's feeling left out?!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭worded

As someone wrote in a similar thread ....

I think she will find it hard to find a husband now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭TheDavester

There's been uproar in the blogging community and all the big bloggers have come under fire and have had loads of attention. I'm wondering if someone's feeling left out?!

Ya So Sue me who started this crap over here got some backlash for the cropping of seagulls in every pic, and accusing someone of bullying for calling her and others for falsely stating something

Christ I think you need an iq test to have a social media account

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭TheDavester

worded wrote: »
    As someone wrote in a similar thread ....

I think she will find it hard to find a husband now

she has a fella according to looking at her tweets/fb, before you ask I was curious does she come out with nonsense often and she does....didn't know her latest bandwagon is being a "personal trainer"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

I'm going to look for a tweet I disagree with by some nobody I've never heard of so I can get offended.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭The Legend Of Kira

A few months ago George Hook said something on radio which he apologised for, he was accused of some sorts of things by some people such as victim blaming/sexism among other things + many calls for him to lose his job; yet here we have someone with a very large social media following who posts tweets that are openly sexist towards men; a lot of people who were selectively outraged are what Hook said have little or nothing to say about Rosemaries open sexism which is a double standard .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

I made the mistake of looking up Louise O'Neill following seeing a similar thread in the past. Not making the same mistake again with this person. Life is too short.

what George said is a lot better than what she said. she should be brought to task and silenced for her views.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

I just found this on Twitter. I'm so angry. :mad:

438787.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

I just found this on Twitter. I'm so angry. :mad:

438787.jpg

Have you been triggered????

"U OK HUN"

Advertisement