Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aziz Ansari - sexual assault or unwarranted assault on reputation

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,638 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

It's a very weird story. Hard for most people to fathom, she's in his apartment, free to leave any time she wants, but stays. She kisses him, get undress, receives oral sex, gives oral sex.. all on the first date. She's not exactly a girl with ethic or morals. I thought it was a spoof article, just a parody of an assault.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

#YeahSureMeTooWhyNot

In fact, I have looked back at all my posts in this thread, I have not mentioned Rape in this case in any way shape or form (I did refer to rape in a different context completely)....I have persistently called it a prolonged sexual assault....

You introduced rape by talking about women who are most often raped by someone they know:

You wrote:
    Most women are raped by people known to them...by your logic, they all just failed to exercise their right to control the situation....

Something sexual related might be kissing to one person, it could be full on sex to someone else, it is why we need the self awareness to know the difference...
    You wrote:
    Well, the same applies to all women who are raped by people they know, perhaps it should be the first thing said to them when they report it...

The ONLY thing she didn't do was say No...she did everything else...it seems she hasn't embellished the account or omitted her actions....

You did keep pointing at rape. Amounts to the same thing since you introduced it into the discussion when nobody had even mentioned it before.
    He forced her hand onto his c##k on between 5-7 occasions....that is sexual assault...

Prove to me that he forced her hand. The article does not show that. It says he put her hand on his cock a number of times, and she moved his hand away. IF he was forcing her... why would he allow her hand to move away? 7 times?
    I don't know what to say...feel free to doubt the accuracy of what she outlined, feel free to sling insults at me....but if you do not thing that forcing a woman's hand on your cock is not an assault then we will just be going around in circles....

Hilarious. I have not slung any insults at you. (unless you find your own mindset insulting? :pac:)

And as for the accuracy of the article, It's such a shame that I don't automatically believe such a well organized and well-written article, that has so much detail about certain areas, and is remarkably silent about others.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

I can actually understand why a woman in this position wouldn't go to the police...for a start it is a humiliating process for the victim, she is on trial as much as he is...he is a very wealthy man no doubt has a legal team that reflects that wealth....there is no physical evidence it is one persons word over someone more powerful, wealthy...

I don't know how that study relates to what we are discussing here...for now in this case, we have only one side, Ansari has refused to comment or explain the incident...

I must be a mob of one, one this thread anyway...I have been accused of mob rule on three occasions...irony indeed!

to me the only person that is a victim is him. only for the accusations against him that are out in public and going to ruin is good name

clearly he is no angel but hardly guilty of anything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

And she told all that. To her credit she's provided a lot of detail, including a lot that exposes her to criticism. It's not some simplistic "he sexually assaulted me", it's a "here's what happened, I think he sexually assaulted me". I'm not sure she's right at all, but if what she says is accurate, he's at least a little creepy.

Consider the way she describes his behavior when they got into his apartment. He sounds like a virgin or someone with extremely little experience of sex or women. Bad foreplay, constantly asking what position she would like to start sex in?

However, we're talking about a fairly established young comedian. He's not ugly, fat, or old. He's had previous relationships. Do you really think this guy would really be the bumbling idiot creep she describes?

It's just so... odd.

I've read similar stories about musicians. They get sex thrown at them so much they don't even try.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Non story. Woman is an idiot.

Silentcorners posts are so wrong it's not even funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

I can actually understand why a woman in this position wouldn't go to the police...for a start it is a humiliating process for the victim, she is on trial as much as he is...he is a very wealthy man no doubt has a legal team that reflects that wealth....there is no physical evidence it is one persons word over someone more powerful, wealthy...

I don't know how that study relates to what we are discussing here...for now in this case, we have only one side, Ansari has refused to comment or explain the incident...

I must be a mob of one, one this thread anyway...I have been accused of mob rule on three occasions...irony indeed!

I wouldn't accuse you of anything. I'd just like to know, going by what the woman herself said. what constitutes sexual assault worthy of informing the police.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

Yeah, better use the media where only he is on trial.

And the very accusation is enough to ruin his career.

You go girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,165 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

to me the only person that is a victim is him. only for the accusations against him that are out in public and going to ruin is good name

clearly he is no angel but hardly guilty of anything

Well he was given an opportunity to defend himself...he chose to stay silent...he could have taken preventative legal action...this wasn't a social media post, it was published by a company that can be sued...

Not saying that it makes him guilty, but I do know, that media outlets take legal advice before they publish an accusation of this kind...

Well he was given an opportunity to defend himself...he chose to stay silent...he could have taken preventative legal action...this wasn't a social media post, it was published by a company that can be sued...

Not saying that it makes him guilty, but I do know, that media outlets take legal advice before they publish an accusation of this kind...

I do find that strange. but he could be being told to say nothing by his legal team

• Advertisement

professore wrote: »
    I've read similar stories about musicians. They get sex thrown at them so much they don't even try.

Not even try what though? He'd invested time flirting and chatting with this woman for a week or longer before they had their date. Not try to learn how to have good sex? What's the point then? He had a 2-year relationship with another celeb at one stage... You really think he didn't learn how to have sex in those 2 years?

Just seems bizarre to me that any man in his 30s who has had past relationships would be so inept at all this.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,859 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Consider the way she describes his behavior when they got into his apartment. He sounds like a virgin or someone with extremely little experience of sex or women. Bad foreplay, constantly asking what position she would like to start sex in?

However, we're talking about a fairly established young comedian. He's not ugly, fat, or old. He's had previous relationships. Do you really think this guy would really be the bumbling idiot creep she describes?

It's just so... odd.

From an (old)woman, he’s not an attractive guy in any way, physically.

anewme wrote: »

to you. he could be George Clooney to someone else.
    attraction is a funny thing. beauty is really in the eye of the beholder

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110729155134AAEm6Bh

At least three internet people like him.. so... :D

to you. he could be George Clooney to someone else.
    attraction is a funny thing. beauty is really in the eye of the beholder

It is indeed and that’s why I’m responding to the post saying he’s not ugly.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Hamlet.

Total nonsense.

A girl gives a guy head twice, regrets it after and believes it was assault because she's ashamed of herself for giving a guy head.

Regret is not assault. Dumb cow.

You introduced rape by talking about women who are most often raped by someone they know:

You did keep pointing at rape. Amounts to the same thing since you introduced it into the discussion when nobody had even mentioned it before.

Prove to me that he forced her hand. The article does not show that. It says he put her hand on his cock a number of times, and she moved his hand away. IF he was forcing her... why would he allow her hand to move away? 7 times?

Hilarious. I have not slung any insults at you. (unless you find your own mindset insulting? :pac:)

And as for the accuracy of the article, It's such a shame that I don't automatically believe such a well organized and well-written article, that has so much detail about certain areas, and is remarkably silent about others.

I introduced rape in a different context, I did not at any point suggest that this case was rape....

I can't prove what happened that night...I am reading the same article as everyone else...this is her account

Ansari also physically pulled her hand towards his penis multiple times throughout the night, from the time he first kissed her on the countertop onward. “He probably moved my hand to his dick five to seven times,” she said. “He really kept doing it after I moved it away.”

But the main thing was that he wouldn’t let her move away from him. She compared the path they cut across his apartment to a football play. “It was 30 minutes of me getting up and moving and him following and sticking his fingers down my throat again. It was really repetitive. It felt like a ****ing game.”

If this girl has embellished her account, if she is lying, then may she burn in hell...

However, the way I have read that article...I just see an account of a sexual assault...a woman who found herself back in a famous/rich guys apartment and got into a situation she clearly lost control of...if I am wrong then so be it...

I agree with you it does read odd, but then it is a traumatic incident for her, there is no comfortable way of putting it...

I do find that strange. but he could be being told to say nothing by his legal team

That is my point...

him saying nothing doesn't mean he is guilty of anything or even that the story she said is factually correct

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭RDM_83 again

Oh dear! Aziz, another self proclaimed Male feminist turns out to be a bit of a sexual predator, if the story is true!

While I don't believe this trail by social media is a good thing, I can't be bothered getting worked up about someone like Aziz getting screwed in a manner that he would probably normally applaud when the target isn't him.

I am waiting for Justin Trudeau to have some serious allegations gain traction against him, he very much fits the profile.

• Advertisement

him saying nothing doesn't mean he is guilty of anything or even that the story she said is factually correct

Of course it doesn't...

But she approved the story with the journalist, the journalist would have an editor and a legal department to consult with....they are obliged to make contact with Ansari to allow him respond, either through a statement or through whatever legal options he may have (and he would have plenty of time to respond)...

The other news outlets that are covering this story would have gone through similar processes...

It's just so... odd.

George Clooney may be old.....but would he wear this jacket.?

2vv99qo.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Of course it doesn't...

But she approved the story with the journalist, the journalist would have an editor and a legal department to consult with....they are obliged to make contact with Ansari to allow him respond, either through a statement or through whatever legal options he may have (and he would have plenty of time to respond)...

The other news outlets that are covering this story would have gone through similar processes...

it sounds like they have a rigorous editorial process alright :rolleyes:
    babe started in May 2016 as an experiment by a group of editors in our early twenties. We now reach more than 3 million readers a month, and a million girls follow us on Facebook. And because we aren’t owned by a magazine empire which needs cover stars, we can say what we like.

George Clooney may be old.....but would he wear this jacket.?

Do you really think George Clooney would be a bad or inexperienced lover though? :D

Duck Soup wrote: »
    I wouldn't accuse you of anything. I'd just like to know, going by what the woman herself said. what constitutes sexual assault worthy of informing the police.

Well, the part I have a huge problem with, is where he tries on 5-7 times to place her hand on his c##k....which she is obviously refusing to do (obvious as in he has to make 5-7 attempts to get her to do something she clearly doesn't want to do)....

This was after she gave him oral sex by the way (which she says she was uncomfortable with)...this was the point where she stopped being submissive, in my opinion...

Could she go to the cops with that, like I have said, there would be no physical evidence...that would be a very tough call for her and her family/friends...

Would George wear these shoes and ankle biter trousers?
    ekl1l0.jpg

Graham wrote: »
    it sounds like they have a rigorous editorial process alright :rolleyes:

Let me tell you, if you publish articles that reach 3 million people you are very aware of what a lawsuit would cost you (the larger the audience the larger the compensation)...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

Let me tell you, if you publish articles that reach 3 million people you are very aware of what a lawsuit would cost you (the larger the audience the larger the compensation)...

It must be amazing to live in a world where you freely make things up to suit your own narrative.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

You're basing this understanding on........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

That twit Louise O' Neill at it again on Twitter. Speaking for the 'hive mind'.

I have never once heard anybody in my daily life mention this louise O'neill but she seems to come up on boards in every feminism discussion? Who even is she some rte made up 'celeb'?

Advertisement