Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AllTogetherNow Festival 2018

Options
1676869707173»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Want to go next year with wife and child, we live in Waterford. If we buy family tickets and go out with our child during the day then leave to drop him home before returning to see The National, will we have trouble getting back in with 'Family' tickets?

no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭LFC CONNAUGHTON

Does anyone know how strict they were at the gate last year checking ID? I'll be a week off 21 at the time of the festival and would hate to miss the National.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Does anyone know how strict they were at the gate last year checking ID? I'll be a week off 21 at the time of the festival and would hate to miss the National.

You will be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭boomshakalaka

I actually don't remember being asked for ID or seeing anyone being asked for ID. That said, I am a few years off 21 now so ... that might have played a part ;) .

In my experience, the second year of a festival tends to be a bit stricter than the first (I'm thinking on the booze being brought in and Garda checkpoints going in to the festival, and maybe to check ID, but there really wasn't an issue with any of these things last year so it remains to be seen)

I'd say you'll be fine though, it's only a week and I can't see the festival refusing you entry if you have a ticket. If you want to be extra sure you could contact the organisers but if I was you I'd probably chance it.

Best advice I can give here really is don't act like a 20 yo when you're going in, don't mess about in the queue, reducing the chance you'll get asked for ID :p

Who are you going with? Will they be people your age / just over 21 as well or an older crew? I'd say this plays a part as well

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

Suckit wrote: »
    I wonder will Smashing Pumpkins and/or Tame Impala play this.

I would buy my ticket today if that was the case!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,885 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

The Strokes just announced for Bilbao BBK Live , Would be another perfect headliner for ATN

48383763_10157109004107932_2138762888704163840_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=b5631b8732dcb80d6a3c4a721090c9a5&oe=5C8EDC90

• Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

I would buy my ticket today if that was the case!

Nope for SP, Not likely for Tame Impala.

last time Impala played was at Forbidden Fruit (another POD fest),

More than likely this time will be either Electric Picnic (likely) or Body & Soul (not very likely)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

The Strokes just announced for Bilbao BBK Live , Would be another perfect headliner for ATN

Christ, yes please!

Would love any/all of IDLES, Slaves, Weezer, Shame, Vince Staples from that lineup too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

There are several others on that poster that I would prefer over the strokes tbh.

Edit: The Blaze, John Grant, Modeselektor, IDLES, Suede.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Weezer and Suede would be fantastic additions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭LFC CONNAUGHTON

Who are you going with? Will they be people your age / just over 21 as well or an older crew? I'd say this plays a part as well

Yeah I was thinking it wouldn't be an issue as long as I'm not making hassle. I'll be going with someone a couple of years older than me, not in a big group either so I'm going to take the chance anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I think the 2018 ATN thread should be locked now as its confusing with the 2019 one also in the forum, I notice things being mentioned in this one and answered in the 2019 thread ha ha. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,885 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I think the 2018 ATN thread should be locked now as its confusing with the 2019 one also in the forum, I notice things being mentioned in this one and answered in the 2019 thread ha ha. :)

Yea i didnt realise i had posted in this thread instead of the 2019 thread

Advertisement