Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Dunshaughlin news

Options
1232425262729»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Justin10

Do none of the pubs still not offer any sort of music over the weekend?

Find it very strange.

Was in Carberrys last Friday night and it was fairly dead, which it shouldn't be with only 3 pubs to the population. (Not including the shibin)

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Metalpanic

There are 4 not including The Síbín. The Arch and Peter's do occasionally have music. Peter's do quizzes and I'm pretty sure there was a band competition there before Christmas. Lawless' very rarely have someone in. There used to be a Trad group in Carberry's once a week on a weekday, but no idea if that's still going. It used to be The Síbín that had bands most regularly but not for several years. Bands had to set up at the back door, which blocked it. Or go upstairs which doesn't have a raised area for a band and they have to lug their equipment up stairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Justin10

Had completely forgotten about Peter's and I was only in there for some quick food recently.

Ye it's a pity, even someone with a guitar.

Surprised these pubs aren't pushing harder for the influx of new residents, to make their pub a regular spot.

I know lawlesses on and off have a Trad session on a Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 karlak

Does anyone happen to have any information on the new houses in Grange Park? Price and when they are selling? Hard to get any info on them and the houses look like they are flying up.

Best thing to do would be to contact the auctioneer. Not sure if I can post contact details here, but they are built by Hora and lets say they keep all the business in the family 😀 I viewed the first phase 5 years ago. Back then 4 bed detached was €475k and 5 beds €520 I think. 4 bed semi in the Willows was up for €555k on Daft recently so I would say that price at least for Grange Park. They were more expensive than the Willows in Phase 1.

• Advertisement

Hi,

thanks for the reply. I’ll get in touch with Hora. I was also wondering about the plot of land on the corner of the Drumree Road, opposite the school and garage. Has it been sold and is there anything likely to be built there soon?

TIA

Beside the Arch Bar? I think that was zoned for shops/Apartments.

Yes just at that junction. Opposite the across from the Arch bar, at the lights. It’s quite a big site when you look at it closely. Can imagine they’ll try and squeeze in as much as possible on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Diddleydoo

Thanks Rizzee, would you have anymore information on this please?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Sure thing. Click the link below:

Click "JOIN THE CLUB" then on the next screen (below) walking membership is available. You must also click Senior/Juvenile for the Athletics Ireland section:

• Advertisement
Advertisement