Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

pT7KaMbkc.png

I watched an old 80's film last week, there were about four accounts that had posted it up. Today those options are all deleted and only the official yt version for 3 bucks is available. grrrr.

If you want to see any films make it quick, yt are doing a complete movie purge atm.

I order DVD from the library. They have a great website and notify you when it's ready for collection, and it's free. Currently watching series 1 and 2 of Victoria.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,649 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Our library charges 20c per order, but that's hardly going to break the bank, is it?! Besides, I'd rather give my money to the libraries network than to give it to a big corporation!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Why do I have to work and go outside and be in public and act human. My heart, my head, my whole life, is an actual tornado of emotions at the moment but I still have to go to work to get money to buy things like electricity and food.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,137 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

That "It's not what it looks like" ad being on every five minutes...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Radio silence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Because I live/work with dogs, pretty much every window/door in the house is open. So I have to open and close them at least three times a day on three floors.

No matter how I try to organise it my bedroom is always stuffy as the window has been closed too long, so the room is too hot to sleep in, the fan goes on and wakes me up when it clicks itself off. Just don't get me started on the creatures who want to get in the window at night.

A generalised tatata

*While not being a soccer head or an "england" fan, I love 'three lions', it was the backdrop to a lot of positive change in my life. It makes me sad /annoyed that ppl have taken against it so much this year.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

New Home wrote: »
    Our library charges 20c per order, but that's hardly going to break the bank, is it?! Besides, I'd rather give my money to the libraries network than to give it to a big corporation!

Come to my library, we don't charge for dvd's

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,649 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Come to my library, we don't charge for dvd's

They only charge for books, DVDs, etc. they have to order in from somewhere else. God, I love the library!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,338 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

They only charge for books, DVDs, etc. they have to order in from somewhere else. God, I love the library!

I always owe them money. I get 5 or 6 kids books out at a time and then forget the dates that they are due back. I miss the old stamp they used to put on the books with the date of return*. I think I owe them €20 at the moment :o

TA when the library is closed on the Saturday of a bank holiday weekend. I seem to always choose that day to decide to go there.

*which to be fair would probably not help anyway.

Doesn't your library have an "Open library" facility? Ours does, and it's great! We can also check/ renew our books online. Did I mention that I love it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Dust everywhere. I'm fed up fecking dusting.
    Why is it every time I go out the sun comes out, I go back in, the sun goes in. Same with the blinds.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,338 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Doesn't your library have an "Open library" facility? Ours does, and it's great! We can also check/ renew our books online. Did I mention that I love it?

Of course I can renew on line but I forget to do that that too:o

to be fair I don't mind the fines. The library is worth its weight in gold. I am delighted to pass a love of books onto another generation. My 4 year old couldn't sleep until late last night and sat in bed quietly looking through his library books until it got too dark to see anymore.

Adorable, and not a TA at all. :)

My TA is when you ring somewhere and they tell you "We couldn't possibly do that", and you have to explain to them that not only they can, but they have also done so a million times before. I don't mind having to deal with new people, we have all started from somewhere, but I do mind when new people aren't given all the infofmation they need to do their job.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Trying for the 1st time to figure out GCT, the local office doesn't answer their phone and the online info doesn't apply.
    Why make it hard for ppl to pay their tax(esp as its a higher level than prsi)

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

When the bank machine spits your card back out because it only gives out multiples of 20. Could it not just let you choose again rather than having to start from scratch FFS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

Not very trivial but I'm very annoyed by myself and my stupidity :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,187 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Shpud2 wrote: »

Hmmmmm.………… joined July 18..handful of posts....bit early to be trying to curry favour, buddy.

Word in yer ear....not a good strategy.

Good lad, gather yersel up and stop being a wimp like that tool on the Axa ad.

Hmmmmm.………… joined July 18..handful of posts....bit early to be trying to curry favour, buddy.

What?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,867 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Don't beat yourself up over it S , we all are too hard on ourselves at times .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

A couple of those big ugly house flys got in a few days ago. I bought these really pretty sticky pictures that you stick to windows, then the flies are supposed to land on them and stick.

So far I've caught dust, a spider web, two weird moths I didn't know were in the house, and my own hair. No flies yet though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Was at a luas stop today and saw a group of scumbags there. They were lining a handbag with tin foil. It really annoyed me that most decent people work hard to buy stuff but those assh*les decided to spend their Sunday afternoon robbing shops.

I got the Dublin Bus 40 one day. Ah the 40. Used to be the 78A and it didn’t improve with the number change.

A howiya gets on the top deck one roaring crying down the phone. Says she was robbed, lost hundreds of euros of stuff. Ah da best a stuff. It was hysterical crying, I think people were concerned for her

Eventually the story came out. She was shop lifting with a comrade who took everthing and left her behind with nothing. Robbin a shop is fine, a friend robbing you is an outrage

Ah the 40, was an education on shoplifting. They love to brag. If they were successful they will boast

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭umop episdn

Some people have been here before Bendar, a change is as good as a rest and all that

• Registered Users Posts: 19,187 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

What?

You heard me just fine.

You heard me just fine.

I don't understand what you mean though.
    "bit early to be trying to curry favour, buddy." What does that mean?
    And how exactly am I being a "wimp" and what Axa ad are you on about?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,124 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Is there a set timeline after joining when we can post on certain threads ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Mod-Very harsh Brendan, 24 hour thread ban for it( nothing more warranted). Don't post in the thread again till 19.15 tomorrow evening. If you do the ban becomes permanent.

Please let the matter drop now everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭umop episdn

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Is there a set timeline after joining when we can post on certain threads ?

Yeah, footie, politics and the (yawn) sex forum...stops trolls reregging and causing trouble straight away....I've lost count of all my aliases at this stage :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Yeah, footie, politics and the (yawn) sex forum...stops trolls reregging and causing trouble straight away....I've lost count of all my aliases at this stage :D

I preferred your other ones..ta.😂

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭ozzy78

My addiction to my phone without even realizing it..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,106 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Toooof ache from ice cold water why is everything good bad for me in some way or another TA ARRRRRRRRRGH

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement