Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will Oprah go for it and beat Trump in the next US presidential election.

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Stonedpilot

What the US really doesn’t need is another under-qualified television personality being put in charge of the country.

It’s like they cut off a leg by voting in Trump and they’d be cutting off an arm thinking that Oprah is the solution to the idiot they have in charge now.

Oprah be far more dangerous as President than Trump obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,125 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

No she won’t run. She’ll milk it for publicity, but won’t run. Way too much dirt in her background. Known as Weinsteins pimp in certain Hollywood circles.

Seal to run against her

• Registered Users Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Celebrity dickhead vs celebrity dickhead 2020. Please no.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭jonon9

Can we all at least agree that Bill Burr should be president.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭muppetshow1451

Pity Arnold Scwharzenegger cant run for president,he would have showed them some muscles up there.Ill be back as slogan,lol.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Seal to run against her

Seal isn’t American.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,815 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

piplip87 wrote: »
    No she won't get past the Democratic nomination. Super delegates will not let that happen. I think Biden will walk it both in general and primary's.

She could stand as an independent.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Why don't we have an x-factor style election next? Or make the best duck face president?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Shurimgreat

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    LOL@ Hilary being a good candidate. The epitome of the establishment trying to run as an anti-establishment candidate. If the Democrat base was that passionate about her don't you think she would have gotten the nod in 08 instead then unknown Freshman Senator Obama?

The rest of talking points excuses aren't worth dignifying.

This has got nothing to do with pro or anti establishment. Its got everything to do with EXPERIENCE. Some people would say Trump is pro establishment, some people would say he's anti establishment. He certainly has a difficult relationship with the established republican party as well as the established media. To be honest, it doesn't matter how pro or anti someone is. The most important feature of a president is experience. You could drag any anti establishment person off the street and put them in the White House but if they don't have the experience then its pointless and will end in disaster.

As for Obama, you are right, a fresh man senator who was outwitted and outplayed at every turn by the Russians, North Koreans, Syrians and so on. Ultimately he was out of his depth in much of what he did.

Trump presented himself as the anti establishment candidate. "Drain the swamp" and all that bull****.
    Yet he turns out the most pro big business president in history with tax cuts across the board for rich companies and individuals and cuts for programs for the poor. He's also one of if not the most right wing US president in history, save for those in the era of slavery probably.

Your understanding of American politics John is as poor as the average American voter.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

democrats-2016-2018-being-a-billionaire-tv-star-doesnt-qualify-30170658.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,844 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Have you any proof that this is the Democrats as a whole, or is this just another meme regurgitated from the Trump cult?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭Greentopia

trump 2020
    pence 2024
    pence 2028

Lol, a year is an eternity in a Trump administration where senior White house staff have been dropping like flies. Wait until the midterms this year before making any predictions for Repubs. Remember the Senate race in Alabama last year?

And I have no time for either party and am not a liberal FYI.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Shurimgreat

Greentopia wrote: »
    Lol, a year is an eternity in a Trump administration where senior White house staff have been dropping like flies. Wait until the midterms this year before making any predictions for Repubs. Remember the Senate race in Alabama last year?

And I have no time for either party and am not a liberal FYI.

Never underestimate the ability of the US electorate to put the wrong person or party in the White House.

A president can rob the people of their social entitlements paid for through their taxes, and then get away with it by distracting them with nonsense about building walls or stopping immigrants. Sadly too many Americans are fooled and distracted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭pitifulgod

biko wrote: »
    democrats-2016-2018-being-a-billionaire-tv-star-doesnt-qualify-30170658.png

Pretty sure most with any political sense would prefer to have a person in office with political experience. Couldn't care less if person is a celebrity or not, as long as they have established experience. Trump went into a system that he had zero knowledge on. Still no indication that he understands how to do the job.

Advertisement