Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will Oprah go for it and beat Trump in the next US presidential election.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭qwerty ui op

Even if she ran, it would be some crack.

From;
    BUILD THAT WALL

to something like;

Nationalism, the patriotic spirit, class and race consciousness, are all ways of the self, and therefore separative. After all, what is a nation but a group of individuals living together for economic and self-protective reasons? Out of fear and acquisitive self-defence arises the idea of "my country", with its boundaries and tariff walls, rendering brotherhood and the unity of man impossible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

She's a billionaire media personality beloved by liberals the world over. She has every chance unfortunately.

Another symptom of how utterly deranged the U.S. has become as a nation.

Trump would beat her like a gong though. He'd have a field day with her admission of smoking crack cocaine.

That's just for starters.

Politics in Ireland is just as deranged and turned into a team sport just as much as you claim it has in the US.

She would lose alot of credibility if she tried pulling out the Left's go to tactics of "He's a racist." and "He's a Misogynist" without him pulling the "Why did she have me on her show so much then?"[He was practically a regular guest on her show. And she was always praising him for his help with the Black Community. Plus he was one of her last guests on her show] all Trump and his team would have to do is go to the archive footage of the show and have the clips playing on every channel in the US. And ofcourse her connection with Weinstein will be brought in to it as well.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Id like to see a Michelle Obama run for Pres in 2030 but Oprah is so popular she just might get the numbers. If Trump can win on bluster and celebrity, ten so can she.

Oprah would do a better job than the orange facedcnarcissist IMO. Dammit, a sock puppet would!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Id like to see a Michelle Obama run for Pres in 2030 but Oprah is so popular she just might get the numbers. If Trump can win on bluster and celebrity, ten so can she.

Oprah would do a better job than the orange facedcnarcissist IMO. Dammit, a sock puppet would!

Oprah would be just as bad as trump...No experience and running off the back of her fame. No substance to her in regards to politics

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chrongen

BillyBobBS wrote: »
    She is wasting her time if she runs. Trumps doing a brilliant job as President, economy soaring, jobs up, stock market up, starting to fix the absolute farce of a immigration system etc..

Its the economy stupid.

You've gone a bit quiet since your idol has canceled his visit to the UK and also having stated that "why do we need people from Haiti here? Why can't we have more people from Norway?"

You're knda guy, eh? Billy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,111 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Chrongen wrote: »
    You've gone a bit quiet since your idol has canceled his visit to the UK and also having stated that "why do we need people from Haiti here? Why can't we have more people from Norway?"

You left out where he called several countries "****holes". Even if you agree with his sentiments, which I'm sure many of his supporters do, the fact that the president of the United states expresses himself in such a manner is disgraceful. Surely he can't last much longer?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭SharpshooterTom

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    You left out where he called several countries "****holes". Even if you agree with his sentiments, which I'm sure many of his supporters do, the fact that the president of the United states expresses himself in such a manner is disgraceful. Surely he can't last much longer?

He'll very likely last his full term, unless the Democrats can take back both the senate and house. And even then they would still have to find 16/17 senators and 70 odd house republicans to vote for his impeachment, unlikely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭BillyBobBS

Absolutely he is. He tells it like it is unlike the chancer Obama who was a con man. The US doesn't need people from countries like Haiti.

Trump 20/20, keep America great.

I'd do anything to have a leader like that running our country. Can you imagine Varadkar asking why we are accepting people from non EU countries who's first port of call is another European country? We only should be accepting the very finest and not societies dregs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Absolutely he is. He tells it like it is unlike the chancer Obama who was a con man. The US doesn't need people from countries like Haiti.

I'd do anything to have a leader like that running our country. Can you imagine Varadkar asking why we are accepting people from non EU countries who's first port of call is another European country? We only should be accepting the very finest and not societies dregs.

Is that you Donald?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Would you rather people from Norway or Somalia arrive at Dublin airport wishing for a permanent visit?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,809 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

BillyBobBS wrote:

I might as well 'entertain' myself, please define 'the very finest'. Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 18,087 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I'd love to see her do the presidential fitness test

I'd love to see her do the presidential fitness test

At least we already know what the results of trumps will be!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,087 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I'm curious to see how he does tbh.

I'm curious to see how he does tbh.

i think we ve seen enough, its been as expected

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

What next? Jerry Springer for president?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Here's a question: Would Oprah 2020 get anywhere close to passing any sort of medical test?

With non-stop yo-yo diets (and currently appearing close to obese), don't think she'd have the energy to campaign in '20.
    Would she even be able to keep up with any of Bush, Obama's or Trump's continuous golf legacy rotas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Stonedpilot

Oprah is a incredibly rude foolish bint. She is a classless. Proof?.

Look at how rude she is to this lady simply because the lady said she is in a bible study group. Countless examples of her being classless but this is just one.

She's not fit for the presidency, or anything really for that matter. A simpleton behind it all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uTKDoSRK_o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

cycle4fun wrote: »
    Things went from bad to worse under Clinton and then Obama. Up to Trump to stop the relative decline / stand up for America.

Lets pretend the 8 years from 2000 to 2008 don't exist eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭valoren

Oprah? Obama? Have you guys met Keanu?

*tumbleweeds*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Shurimgreat

It would be just wrong on so many levels...no experience of politics, political office, government etc etc. The learning curve would be way to steep. America's enemies across the world would have a field day, when confronted by a president with no experience.

Trump might be bad, but she would be worse.

But the American electorate aint exactly the brightest so there's a possibility she'd be elected at least.

darkdubh wrote: »
    What next? Jerry Springer for president?

At least he has political experience.

As regards Oprah, there is far more to being president than making a good speech.

ebbsy wrote: »
    Trump will get another term after this. Democrats are so ****ing stupid trying to attack him that the don't realise that it didn't work the first time. Trump is setting the agenda.

Get a proper candidate. Warren etc have no chance, boring candidates. Gore and Kerry were the same as Hillary, they would put you to sleep.

Hillary was a pretty good candidate. She was undermined by a number of factors outside her control, mainly Russian interference, WikiLeaks interference, general stupidity of vast swathes of the American electorate and a last minute intervention by James Comey which turned out to have no merit.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,696 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Not a hope. All people have to do is show all those photos of her cosying up to her close friend Harvey Weinstein and she'll be gone in no time. She is a grade A hypocrite. I'd say she has a huge amount of skeletons in her closet just waiting to be exposed.

https://media1.popsugar-assets.com/files/thumbor/hzQWB2z_Ce0-2JoDApH3HAs2iu4/fit-in/1024x1024/filters:format_auto-!!-:strip_icc-!!-/2014/01/16/123/n/1922398/619166a8d7b80f34_463109465/i/Oprah-kissed-Harvey-Weinstein.jpg

Whole world had praise for Harvey Weinstein before everyone knew who he really was. Can hardly hold that against her or anyone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Hillary was a pretty good candidate. She was undermined by a number of factors outside her control, mainly Russian interference, WikiLeaks interference, general stupidity of vast swathes of the American electorate and a last minute intervention by James Comey which turned out to have no merit.

LOL@ Hilary being a good candidate. The epitome of the establishment trying to run as an anti-establishment candidate. If the Democrat base was that passionate about her don't you think she would have gotten the nod in 08 instead then unknown Freshman Senator Obama?

The rest of talking points excuses aren't worth dignifying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭pitifulgod

Not a major fan of Oprah tbh and suspect a far superior candidate with a political background can be found. I also strongly doubt Trump will last till next election.

Alas I don't favour having a morally corrupt racist individual as the leader of the country. You have lots aims..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Vladimir Poontang

Hahaha straight from the script.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

At least he has political experience.

As regards Oprah, there is far more to being president than making a good speech.

The X Factor type generation don't know this. Same as there's more to song writing that singing with stunt vocals and getting your cans out for the camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Some people call it racism, I call it controlled immigration.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

What the US really doesn’t need is another under-qualified television personality being put in charge of the country.

It’s like they cut off a leg by voting in Trump and they’d be cutting off an arm thinking that Oprah is the solution to the idiot they have in charge now.

Advertisement