Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Influencers over-editing photos in Social Media/Cyber-bullying accusations

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Carriexx

Did anyone watch Vogue's show the other night?
    I like Vogue, had wished she had questioned some people more.
    Shocked at the difference between MUF and MUF instagram, actually shocked!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭SozBbz

Carriexx wrote: »
    Did anyone watch Vogue's show the other night?
    I like Vogue, had wished she had questioned some people more.
    Shocked at the difference between MUF and MUF instagram, actually shocked!

Yeah I watched it on catch up this morning.

Highlarious stuff from MUF. The brass neck on her is something to behold.

Didn't really see the point of her being interviewed if Vogue wasn't going to challenge her on her BS. She basically allowed her to use the fact that BU was anonymous as a defense rather than questioning any of her shady practices that led to her being the focus of so much criticism.

I know she never addressed anything she did, she let her blame BU for everything.
    I'd say that was part of the deal for the interview and also i'd say Vogue knew it was good to have her on the show also, she is never seen!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

SozBbz wrote: »

Highlarious stuff from MUF. The brass neck on her is something to behold.

She just doesn’t get why people where pissed of with her. She looks nothing like her photoshopped photos it’s sad really.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

I didn't see that episode but Vogue is not know for challenging journalism. It's show on a channel which is known for programmes about people organising weddings or picking a wedding dress.

• Advertisement

pc7 wrote: »
    She looks nothing like her photoshopped photos it’s sad really.

She looks absolutely nothing like her photoshopped face, i cant believe she even had the balls to go on telly, shes mad as a brush.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

A part of her must be convinced that it is only 'slight' photoshopping, and that she looks like that.

I honestly think that her photoshopped pictures look like a puppet from the Dark Crystal.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Who is MUF please?!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,977 ✭✭✭wyrn

amdublin wrote: »
    Who is MUF please?!
    Joanne Larby - the Makeup Fairy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Just read RMC spending diary for the week. She has to be taking the p**s in all honesty?
    I seriously just can't figure out how (or why) anyone can spend that much on food in a week, and it's the same for her every single week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

Just read RMC spending diary for the week. She has to be taking the p**s in all honesty?
    I seriously just can't figure out how (or why) anyone can spend that much on food in a week, and it's the same for her every single week.

I'm with you. I was just agog. I don't care what you spend your money on that your business. I just don't know how you can WANT to eat out/order in that often. Even if you don't like to cook. Surely one night toast or a hang sangwich would suffice. And I really hope it was a typo but one night did she really spend 67 quid on a pizza takeout order .

And I really hope it was a typo but one night did she really spend 67 quid on a pizza takeout order

Someone commented on that and she said "It had sides and desserts as well"
    I don't care! It's still almost €70 for a takeaway pizza with some trimmings.
    I'd get a very generous weeks shopping for myself and Mr Crumble for that. 7 days of breakfast, lunch and dinner!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭IvyTheTerrific

Ye have to pay to see her spending diary, right?
    That'd be an entry on a spending diary I would find bemusing... spending money to see what someone you don't like is spending on stuff you disagree with...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,121 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

That'd be an entry on a spending diary I would find bemusing... spending money to see what someone you don't like is spending on stuff you disagree with...

That's a fairly one-dimensional view of human motivation. Loads of people keep a watching brief on aspects of life they know little about. Always have. Rosemary is a journalist. She knows that engaging content isn't stuff that 100% of people will agree with 100% of the time.

Anyway, if the spending diaries haven't gone behind the paywall, I have a lot of catching up to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

Eh.......No you don't

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

That's a fairly one-dimensional view of human motivation. Loads of people keep a watching brief on aspects of life they know little about. Always have. Rosemary is a journalist. She knows that engaging content isn't stuff that 100% of people will agree with 100% of the time.

Anyway, if the spending diaries haven't gone behind the paywall, I have a lot of catching up to do.
    I think the irony would be that people are funding the spending they are giving out about, if the diary was behind paywall.

She stated before that all she wants to do is write. Spending diary is not exactly the pinnacle of journalism so I hope she is doing some other writing too otherwise I can't see how that would be fulfilling in any way.

No. Current diary is public.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭DublinHun72

Is anyone in a sub Reddit group about Irish bloggers ? Seems to have disappeared or I’ve been booted out but haven’t said anything to warrant that I don’t think ! Is it just me ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Is anyone in a sub Reddit group about Irish bloggers ? Seems to have disappeared or I’ve been booted out but haven’t said anything to warrant that I don’t think ! Is it just me ?

Do they only last 6 months? Could that be it?

GingerLily wrote: »
    Do they only last 6 months? Could that be it?
    Yeah the threads automatically archive after 6 months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 SaraKJohn

It must have been deleted. I was on it too and all traces of it are gone. Another group that was archived, I can still see. So it deffo wasn't archived. It was a private group and as far as I'm aware, they don't archive. It wasn't 6 months old yet anyway.

SaraKJohn wrote: »
    It must have been deleted. I was on it too and all traces of it are gone. Another group that was archived, I can still see. So it deffo wasn't archived. It was a private group and as far as I'm aware, they don't archive. It wasn't 6 months old yet anyway.
    I just checked, I was kicked out too. I used to post regularly but the past few weeks has been sporadic. Shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Pistachios & cream

wyrn wrote: »
    I just checked, I was kicked out too. I used to post regularly but the past few weeks has been sporadic. Shame.

You weren’t kicked out the whole subreddit was deleted. The account that started it was also deleted

• Registered Users Posts: 23 SaraKJohn

New one after being set up.. Look for r/BlogEire and see if you can message the mod.
    It's private but she's adding as many as she can.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 sirfja

New one after being set up.. Look for r/BlogEire and see if you can message the mod.

Do you know how to find out who the mod is? I was in the previous sub but I can't see the mod on this one a message saying its private just keeps coming up?

Edit: I figured it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Pseudonymised

sirfja wrote: »
    Do you know how to find out who the mod is? I was in the previous sub but I can't see the mod on this one a message saying its private just keeps coming up?

Edit: I figured it out.

How did you figure it out? I’m struggling ha

ahayes84 wrote: »
    You weren’t kicked out the whole subreddit was deleted. The account that started it was also deleted

Ah ok. It’s just that on my phone, it doesn’t act like a closed account / subreddit. It allowed me to message the mod :pac:

Is that the right name? I can see the name in the search list but it comes up with a warning that it doesn’t exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭AnnaSophia

wyrn wrote: »
    Is that the right name? I can see the name in the search list but it comes up with a warning that it doesn’t exist.

Came here to ask the same question about where had the subreddit gone! I also can’t seem to get into the new one, getting the same message

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

You were probably kicked out for not contributing much.

Advertisement